Greg Abbott's new law will do more to stop a WW2 veteran Kenneth Thompson from voting than the Nazis did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
A Texas World War II veteran has said his mail-in ballot application was rejected twice due to new Republican voting restrictions, according to KPRC-TV in Houston. Kenneth Thompson, 95, told the outlet that he fears the new Republican voting law, SB 1, could prevent him from voting for the first time in his life.

"I've been voting many, many years and I've never missed a vote," Thompson told the station, recalling paying a poll tax to vote in the 1950s.

A Texas World War II veteran has said his mail-in ballot application was rejected twice due to new Republican voting restrictions, according to KPRC-TV in Houston. Kenneth Thompson, 95, told the outlet that he fears the new Republican voting law, SB 1, could prevent him from voting for the first time in his life.

"I've been voting many, many years and I've never missed a vote," Thompson told the station, recalling paying a poll tax to vote in the 1950s.

Hopefully the justice department is going to put a stop to all this unamerican insanity.

Idiotic. Nothing is preventing him from going in person to register and to vote in person.

Total Fake News.

Well Dimmer just have a dead guy vote in his place.

These restrictions will catch the good with the bad and effect on a lot of old people, probably a lot of Republican as well as Democrat old people.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Idiotic. Nothing is preventing him from going in person to register and to vote in person.

Total Fake News.
How do you know? Do you know the guy? Is he another victim of the 1688 poll closings in the south?

These restrictions will catch the good with the bad and effect on a lot of old people, probably a lot of Republican as well as Democrat old people.
They are so mentally, hair on fire insane because they lost the election, so now, they push these obvious suppression laws, right out in the open. All they have left in the tool box is to cheat. They can't win on the merits, because they no longer have a governing agenda.

They are so mentally, hair on fire insane because they lost the election, so now, they push these obvious suppression laws, right out in the open. All they have left in the tool box is to cheat. They can't win on the merits, because they no longer have a governing agenda.
I grew up hearing it was the Democrats, but now we know. It is the Republicans, trying to affect minority rule.

Total Fake News.

The State is denying the Registration, not the vote. Texas no longer has the ability to keep it's act together and hundreds of thousands are being rejected. The Database in Texas is incomplete and they are getting rejections. The point it, the Texas System is incapable of even handling in person voting since they also scrapped same day registration for those that are not in the Database. Talk about vote fraud and Texas goes to the head of the class.

I read the fucking article.

“I can get out and move around and go to a regular polling place”

His own words.

Case closed.

If his information isn't in the Database they use for determination then his registration will be bounced and so will his in person ballot.

The State is denying the Registration, not the vote. Texas no longer has the ability to keep it's act together and hundreds of thousands are being rejected. The Database in Texas is incomplete and they are getting rejections. The point it, the Texas System is incapable of even handling in person voting since they also scrapped same day registration for those that are not in the Database. Talk about vote fraud and Texas goes to the head of the class.
The State is denying him nothing. They want proof of who he is. He can go to his polling place, present an ID and yes, a DD214 is a qualified ID, and register to vote. He can, while he is there, request an absentee ballot and one will be mailed to him. AFTER they ascertain that he is who he is and he lives where he says he lives.

The funny thing about this, he has 9 months and 4 days to get this accomplished. Plenty of time for someone who has nowhere to go.

Bullshit. All the guy has to do is go IN PERSON to show his ID and get it linked to his voter registration. He is trying to do it on-line. He’s being lazy and using it as an excuse to claim victimhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back