Greetings USMB! Long Time Lurker Deciding to Jump Off the Fence

Hello USMB!. I've been watching these boards since the summer of 2016. Just decided recently it's time to get off the fence and get in the game. My work keeps me busy so I have to pick my times to catch up on this board. I have to admit, over the last couple of years, this site has kept me entertained, both right and left. I hope I can add worthwhile conversation.

A little about me. I hail from the Granite State. My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues. I was a registered Republican until 2000 when I finally got sick of the party being run off the rails by the extremists (yeah, I know, just look at it now!). After I saw what extremism did to my own hometown in the late 90's, I'd had enough. I really don't have any tolerance for conspiracy theories but I have to admit, reading them is a lot of fun for me. And I enjoy taking them apart.

I've watched these boards long enough to know what I'm in for. My colleagues tell me that even though my opinions differ from theirs, I am always willing to listen and entertain other points of view...and then add my counter arguments and why those points of view might be wrong.
Welcome to the board.
Our town was thriving in the late 90's when the economy was humming under Clinton. Regretfully the moral compass went way down too. The town struggled a bit in the 2000s. But Hope and Change was promised in 2016 and Hope and
Change arrived. God has saved us.

:auiqs.jpg:

the 'chosen one' is the epitome of morality?

:113: :lmao:

Hello USMB!. I've been watching these boards since the summer of 2016. Just decided recently it's time to get off the fence and get in the game. My work keeps me busy so I have to pick my times to catch up on this board. I have to admit, over the last couple of years, this site has kept me entertained, both right and left. I hope I can add worthwhile conversation.

A little about me. I hail from the Granite State. My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues. I was a registered Republican until 2000 when I finally got sick of the party being run off the rails by the extremists (yeah, I know, just look at it now!). After I saw what extremism did to my own hometown in the late 90's, I'd had enough. I really don't have any tolerance for conspiracy theories but I have to admit, reading them is a lot of fun for me. And I enjoy taking them apart.

I've watched these boards long enough to know what I'm in for. My colleagues tell me that even though my opinions differ from theirs, I am always willing to listen and entertain other points of view...and then add my counter arguments and why those points of view might be wrong.
Welcome aboard
Don’t hesitate to contribute

Welcome aboard! Put your seatbelts on, it will be a crazy ride.

Welcome to the board.
Our town was thriving in the late 90's when the economy was humming under Clinton. Regretfully the moral compass went way down too. The town struggled a bit in the 2000s. But Hope and Change was promised in 2016 and Hope and

:auiqs.jpg:

the 'chosen one' is the epitome of morality?

:113: :lmao:
Where did I say that???..I noticed a another moral crash in the 2010's. This post was about econ

Congratulations for coming off the fence! Welcome to the Mosh Pit.

:welcome: Jack...

My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues.

fe0e731246605747ca04c3950aa1164c--margaret-thatcher-quotes-party-quotes.jpg

Hah! My dad used to say, "those who walk in the middle of the road usually get hit by traffic going both ways!..Best to choose a side!"
Yet come election time it's the independent middle of the roaders that both sides woo for votes.......... Funny that....... :lol:

:welcome: Jack...

My views run from progressive on social and healthcare issues to a bit on the conservative side when it comes to spending and budgeting issues.

fe0e731246605747ca04c3950aa1164c--margaret-thatcher-quotes-party-quotes.jpg

Hah! My dad used to say, "those who walk in the middle of the road usually get hit by traffic going both ways!..Best to choose a side!"
Yet come election time it's the independent middle of the roaders that both sides woo for votes.......... Funny that....... :lol:
The rightwingers got a funny way of wooing me. Just sayin'

Welcome to USMB, Jack. I hope that you enjoy the boards. Just to let you know, neutrality is the worst place to be on a political board, because it subjects you to the ire of both sides, whether or not they are "extremists" as you call them, and often your fellow middle-of-the-roaders can and will clobber you the hardest of them all.

Excuse me ma'am... Are you indicating that you are possibly middle of the road?
:agree:Self admittedly I only know you for what you post here at USMB... The only time I have ever seen where you might be in the middle of the road was crossing the street to buy those do-nuts you give out to the n00bs... In fact I have seen where you were so far left that I hoped you had Triple A cause it looked like you were going in the ditch... Just sayin'...

:agree:Self admittedly I only know you for what you post here at USMB... The only time I have ever seen where you might be in the middle of the road was crossing the street to buy those do-nuts you give out to the n00bs... In fact I have seen where you were so far left that I hoped you had Triple A cause it looked like you were going in the ditch... Just sayin'...
I don't know what party she supports. I just like her. I'm a Democrat. And me n you get along well.

Welcome to the board.
Indeed. Clinton did enjoy hummers. Welcome Op.

I don't know what party she supports. I just like her. I'm a Democrat. And me n you get along well.

drifter , OldLady and I get along famously... She is a nice lady and I have had several discussions with her on politics... We have butted heads more than once as we don't seem to be able to agree on some subjects... I just found it odd that she felt that she was middle of the road and threw it out there for discourse... You and I drifter have quite a few things in common and we have always got along because that is what we talk about... Folks can talk politics and still be cordial... Lots don't but that is personalities that don't meld... I don't believe we have ever discussed politics, and you may not like me if we did... :dunno:

Bottom line is I have nothing against her except she should bring enough do-nuts for everyone...

Well, I've seen this before.. starts off a tad reasonable then the TDS kicks in full time.. :1peleas:

Well, I hope you will remember how to laugh, have fun and enjoy being the exception here at the USMB .. :)

Forum List

Back