Green party candidate dies after being hit by an SUV while riding a bike

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A young Green Party candidate running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland who was struck in a hit and run accident while bicycling has died.

Maryland State Police say 30-year-old Natasha Pettigrew died early Tuesday. The Cheverly resident had been struck by an SUV in Prince George's County early Sunday morning.

Green Party Candidate, Natasha Pettigrew, Struck On Bike By SUV Dies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc&ob=av3e]YouTube - Ironic[/ame]

Damn... I mean, there's some major irony here, but it's not that funny when someone dies.

Police say she kept driving nearly four miles to her home, even though Pettigrew's bicycle was still lodged underneath the vehicle.​

:eek: At least she ended up calling the police once she found out it wasn't a deer she hit.

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. - A young Green Party candidate running for the U.S. Senate in Maryland who was struck in a hit and run accident while bicycling has died.

Maryland State Police say 30-year-old Natasha Pettigrew died early Tuesday. The Cheverly resident had been struck by an SUV in Prince George's County early Sunday morning.

Yeah. I saw that on the news last night.

Something seriously fishy about the driver's story.

Seriously.

Damn... I mean, there's some major irony here, but it's not that funny when someone dies.

Police say she kept driving nearly four miles to her home, even though Pettigrew's bicycle was still lodged underneath the vehicle.​

:eek: At least she ended up calling the police once she found out it wasn't a deer she hit.
And, the driver had a blown out right front tire.

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.

Agreed. Just pure speculation here. Maybe right after she hit the bicyclist she was hoping to get away with a hit-and-run. At that time of the day, there wouldn't be that many people on the road to witness it. Adrenaline can screw with the decision-making process. Then once she got back to her house, her conscience took over.

/armchair detective

That is right, blame it on the SUV ;) :razz:

However, My condolences to the family. I have not yet watched the video so I do not know anything about the accident.

Now, I have watched the video. How sad! Again my condolences to the family.

Immie

Last edited:

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.

Agreed. Just pure speculation here. Maybe right after she hit the bicyclist she was hoping to get away with a hit-and-run. At that time of the day, there wouldn't be that many people on the road to witness it. Adrenaline can screw with the decision-making process. Then once she got back to her house, her conscience took over.

/armchair detective

Who knows she may have just paniced

A long time ago my mother came home from Work crying and freaking out. Sure she had just hit a person. After a few mins she calmed down and called the police. After about 30 Mins they called back to tell her from what they could see she had hit a hay Bail that must have fallen off a truck on the road.

Not much to be gained by speculating about why she did not stop.

It happened at 5 AM-ish.

Utterly fishy story.

/armchair detective
I don't know either, but it is interesting for those of us who like detective stuff.

It might not be her conscience but the realization that inevitably she would be found so she weighed murder with leaving the scene and called to cover her butt.

My boyfriend and I think the driver may have been hammered, but the cops did show up, so they may have been able to figure that out. Don't know if MD cops can give a breathalizer to someone who is not behind the wheel.

Then we thought that she may be taking the fall for another driver who was hammered.

It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The victim was reported as critically injured last night at 11. From looking at the SUV, we figured that she might not make it.

Very sad for her family and loved ones.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back