Great News; Sorrento finds a coronavirus antibody that blocks viral infection 100%

Ricky LIbtardo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2016
Pre-clinical but looks like people are making breakthroughs.

"Therapeutics company Sorrento has made what it believes could be a breakthrough in potential treatment of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that leads to COVID-19. The company released details of its preclinical research on Friday, announcing that it has found an antibody that provides "100% inhibition of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection of healthy cells after four days incubation." The results are from a preclinical study that still has to undergo peer review. It was an in vitro laboratory study (meaning not in an actual human being), but it's still a promising development as the company continues to work on production of an antibody "cocktail" that could provide protection against SARS-CoV-2 even in case of mutations in the virus."

so it took 18 years? and they want to keep the country closed for another 18 years? hly shit.

Sure...well, it opened at over 50% gain before the bell and went up to 158% at the close, so there was quite a spread. I was looking at buying some potentially when it was over 80% up. But really, it's just a gamble because you don't know at what point people are just going to sell it and collect profit (and let the suckers hold the bag).

Regarding the actual treatment, I've never heard of antibody treatment before, but apparently it's a real thing!

For someone to buy a stock at $200 a share, someone else must be willing to part with it at $200 a share.

The buyer thinks it's a bargain, the selling thinks he's making out.

Volatility typically means the suckers outnumber the shills.

For someone to buy a stock at $200 a share, someone else must be willing to part with it at $200 a share.

Exactly...well stated!

Exactly...well stated!

Don't get me wrong. I think market-based Capitalism is the single more important human invention since fire.

Market Capitalism is most equitable form of human interaction. That being said, not everyone plays the game with the same level of skill.

Exactly...well stated!

Don't get me wrong. I think market-based Capitalism is the single more important human invention since fire.

Market Capitalism is most equitable form of human interaction. That being said, not everyone plays the game with the same level of skill.
I mean, it's not like I don't want to make a crap-ton of money by speculating on a hot stock. Who doesn't? But the actual efficacy of this particular treatment is completely theoretical at this point, so essentially you can play this if you like day trading!

Exactly...well stated!

I mean, it's not like I don't want to make a crap-ton of money by speculating on a hot stock. Who doesn't? But the actual efficacy of this particular treatment is completely theoretical at this point, so essentially you can play this if you like day trading!
Or put another way, what is a future treatment even worth in terms of dollars for a company, since the government isn't going to let you reap a fortune for this (see Remdesivir and Gilead Sciences for an example).

Another stock i missed out on
Sounds like bullshit. An anti-body treatment would only be temporary. The only way is to get your body to produce the anti-bodies when it detects the virus. Which only happens after you have had it, or a vaccine. But no vaccine has ever been made for a coronavirus.

Sounds like bullshit. An anti-body treatment would only be temporary. The only way is to get your body to produce the anti-bodies when it detects the virus. Which only happens after you have had it, or a vaccine. But no vaccine has ever been made for a coronavirus.

It’s a treatment designed to have your body clear the virus with minimal effects. A lot of research companies are currently looking into antibody research. If it turns out to be a cure, it might not give you immunity, but it would allow you to get rid of the disease. That’s still a win until an effective vaccine can be developed.

It’s a treatment designed to have your body clear the virus with minimal effects. A lot of research companies are currently looking into antibody research. If it turns out to be a cure, it might not give you immunity, but it would allow you to get rid of the disease. That’s still a win until an effective vaccine can be developed.
Vaccines are useless. The only known working vaccine is the Polio vaccine. No others are effective 100%.

virus adapt

Vaccines are useless. The only known working vaccine is the Polio vaccine. No others are effective 100%.

virus adapt

Smallpox, chickenpox, measles, etc.,would all disagree with that assertion.

virus adapt

Why, they’re still around

virus adapt

Why, they’re still around

Smallpox was eradicated decades ago, chicken pox is on its way out the door, & measles is rarely heard of in the US. All due to vaccines you claim don’t work...

Forum List

Back