Govt after your Lucky Charms?

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
ABC News’ Arlette Saenz:

In the future, your children might not see commercials for chocolate milk, graham crackers, and Cheerios during breaks from their favorite television shows, prompting a House subcommittee chairman to take issue with some proposed guidelines regulating the marketing of food to children.

“I’m concerned about the potential overreach based on these guidelines that are sitting on the table right now,” Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Georgia, said at a hearing on Capitol Hill today. “The food that would not be allowed to be advertised on television shows in which 50% of the audience is children could include peanut butter sandwiches, eggs, granola bars, noodles, chocolate milk, pretzels, cheerios, bread, graham crackers and cheese.”

FDA Budget Hearing Turns from Money Talk to MTV's 'Skins' and Valentine's Day Dinners - The Note

When I read the thread title, I thought 'Lucky Charms' was referencing something sexual. :lol:

They (gov) need to butt out. Parents can turn the tv off or change the channel or let their kids watch the commercial then parent them by not giving in to the kid's demand for Sweetie O's. Why do we need uncle disallowing commercials again? Oh yeah I forgot, they love them much controlz over us peons.

Last edited:
  • Banned
When I read the thread title, I thought 'Lucky Charms' was referencing something sexual. :lol:They (gov) need to butt out. Parents can turn the tv off or change the channel or let their kids watch the commercial then parent them by not giving in to the kid's demand for Sweetie O's. Why do we need uncle disallowing commercials again? Oh yeah I forgot, they love them much controlz over us peons.

I wouldn't put it past them. :razz:

Parents don't even have to turn the TV off. They should just tell the munchkin's "no", if they don't want them to eat junk food.

Last edited:
When I read the thread title, I thought 'Lucky Charms' was referencing something sexual. :lol:They (gov) need to butt out. Parents can turn the tv off or change the channel or let their kids watch the commercial then parent them by not giving in to the kid's demand for Sweetie O's. Why do we need uncle disallowing commercials again? Oh yeah I forgot, they love them much controlz over us peons.

I wouldn't put it past them. :razz:

Parents don't even have to turn the TV off. They should just tell the munkin's "no", if they don't want them to eat junk food.

But, but, but . . . then little Wingspan or Sequoia will throw a temper tantrum and the parents will have to deal with it! :eek: That simply will not happen, they will relent and little Fluorescent or little BeanSprout will get their way. It's 2011 . . . do you know where your parenting skills are??

• Banned
I thought an interesting point was made...that MTV and shows like 'Skins' can be aired. But Cheetos commercials will hurt the kids.

Forum List

Back