Governor Glenn Youngkin proposes gas tax holiday for struggling Virginians

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
RICHMOND, VA – Governor Glenn Youngkin announced on March 16, 2022, that he would send a bill to the General Assembly in the upcoming special session to suspend Virginia’s gas tax for 3 months. The Governor proposes using over $437 million in unanticipated transportation revenues to support the gas tax holiday. Data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics this week showed a 38.8% surge, year over year, in the gasoline index, and inflation on all items is at a 40-year high.

“Inflation, especially in energy and gasoline, is increasing because of failed policies by the current Presidential administration that constrain domestic supply. In addition, the conflict in Ukraine is further exacerbating the problem. These rising gas prices are hurting Virginians, and we need to do something about it,” Governor Youngkin said. “The Commonwealth Transportation fund has over $1 billion more revenue than anticipated this year and next, from the taxes paid by the people of Virginia. This bill gives money back to them in the form of a gas tax holiday.”

Now that is how a Governor should take care of the citizens of their state.....Not try to gig them with more taxes or target sectors that did not vote for him....It will be a break for all Virginians unless the dems that still hold our Senate shoot it down....Then it's on them.

If governors aren’t kicking illegals out I have absolutely no love for them

RICHMOND, VA – Governor Glenn Youngkin announced on March 16, 2022, that he would send a bill to the General Assembly in the upcoming special session to suspend Virginia’s gas tax for 3 months. The Governor proposes using over $437 million in unanticipated transportation revenues to support the gas tax holiday. Data released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics this week showed a 38.8% surge, year over year, in the gasoline index, and inflation on all items is at a 40-year high.

“Inflation, especially in energy and gasoline, is increasing because of failed policies by the current Presidential administration that constrain domestic supply. In addition, the conflict in Ukraine is further exacerbating the problem. These rising gas prices are hurting Virginians, and we need to do something about it,” Governor Youngkin said. “The Commonwealth Transportation fund has over $1 billion more revenue than anticipated this year and next, from the taxes paid by the people of Virginia. This bill gives money back to them in the form of a gas tax holiday.”

Now that is how a Governor should take care of the citizens of their state.....Not try to gig them with more taxes or target sectors that did not vote for him....It will be a break for all Virginians unless the dems that still hold our Senate shoot it down....Then it's on them.
Why don't they just take the surplus billion dollars and give it back to the citizens of the state who are hurting and cannot stay employed with that kind of money going to the pump?

If governors aren’t kicking illegals out I have absolutely no love for them
You really don't know how things work do you?

That said I'd be OK with having the employers of illegals fined no end but in many areas they have become almost a serf class that won't be easily replaced.

As a example unless you are a vegan and it dosen't bother you almost all meat and poultry is processed by illegals. You think meat is high now, get shed of the men/women that process it.

Why don't they just take the surplus billion dollars and give it back to the citizens of the state who are hurting and cannot stay employed with that kind of money going to the pump?
Define "hurting".....Working man "hurting", or welfare queen "hurting".

Nah, I'd sooner see it in the form being proposed as it helps out the working man.....You know, something the dems had laid claim to but never delivered on.

Define "hurting".....Working man "hurting", or welfare queen "hurting".

Nah, I'd sooner see it in the form being proposed as it helps out the working man.....You know, something the dems had laid claim to but never delivered on.
Working man hurting is when his abuse of drugs limits his opportunities for employment. Welfare queen hurting happens when her drug abuser father of her 4 children dumps her and the 4 children with all the responsibilities of 2 parents and manipulates his landlord into getting rid of her with assorted lies. I just described a broken family I know through one of my best friends. Money can't buy what those 4 kids do not have. One of the kids is a special needs child you never heard such a sorry story about and I will not darken your day by telling you the details of her mental issues.

Working man hurting is when his abuse of drugs limits his opportunities for employment. Welfare queen hurting happens when her drug abuser father of her 4 children dumps her and the 4 children with all the responsibilities of 2 parents and manipulates his landlord into getting rid of her with assorted lies. I just described a broken family I know through one of my best friends. Money can't buy what those 4 kids do not have. One of the kids is a special needs child you never heard such a sorry story about and I will not darken your day by telling you the details of her mental issues.
What the blue fuck does all of that have to do with a gas tax holiday?

So, the empty red vest is proposing to further degrade roads and transportation in his state? Does the proposed bill include any verifying that the oil companies/gas stations won't take more profit if passed?

Or is it just a gimmick by an empty red vest.

So, the empty red vest is proposing to further degrade roads and transportation in his state? Does the proposed bill include any verifying that the oil companies/gas stations won't take more profit if passed?

Or is it just a gimmick by an empty red vest.
He knows dem NOtVA will shit enough golden state tax eggs to more than make-up for it. ;)

Forum List

Back