Government does not create jobs

Because private sector jobs involve the creation of a product or service someone wants to freely purchase, and an overall increase in the general wealth of the nation....That's why you should care.

I defy you to point to anything a bureaucrat does, that increases the value of anything by so much as a penny.

If you want freedom move to Haiti. The position you are taking is that infrastructure is worthless and yet you won't have wealth nor the ability to create wealth without it. And again, if you want your own fire and police departments or private government then do it. Stop whining about what is being taken from you when you sit on your ass and do nothing to convince others that what you say is better.
So, you can't refute the economic concept and now have to make it all about me.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!

Thanks for playing...Johnny has a case of Bardahl for you as a parting gift.
You haven't given me anything to refute. Where is the country with the private functions you cite where there is a higher quality of life then our own? It doesn't exist so how can I refute it?

Government spending TAKES wealth. Wealth is earned. Government only TAKES wealth.
The government earns NOTHING.

Which is why we didn't create government to earn money. Now is there a point you are trying to make?

I've given you plenty to try and refute...It's just that you're such an economic ignoramus that all you can do is shoot blanks.

But thanks for playing anyways.

Refute what? If you are such an economic genius then clearly you have concrete examples you can give me. Where are they or are you asking us to believe something that does not exist?

Government does not create jobs
In another thread we learned, from Dud no less, that it does. But then again, he seems to think that only private sector jobs funded by the government count. All those people working in public service...why they aren't actually in jobs.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

But seriously, public service is also governed by the market.

Maybe you can tell me where the funds come from to "create" all those nice cushy gubmint jobs...Santa Claus, maybe?

P.S..."Move to Haiti" doesn't count as a answer.

The same place the come from to create those nice cushy private sector jobs. and PS yes it does. The primary function of government is infrastructure. Your position is that infrastructure is worthless unless created privately. The bulk of the infrastructure in Haiti was create privately with little involvement by government. Haiti is a great place for you to go to personally experience the freedom you are talking about.

The primary function of lawful de jure government is to protect us from, and provide a framework for restitution against, those who initiate force and fraud, not to be an agent of force and fraud itself.

Your ignorance of basic civics is only exceeded by that of basic economics.

[
Really? So all the technology and innovations that came about thanks to gov't funding of research has not lead to great wealth? all those biotech/pharm companies that spun off from gov't funded research don't exist? The products that were licensed to other companies which was developed to market didn't come from gov't spending?

LIke I said, its not black and white, and its completely simple minded to say those things when there are a myriad of factors contributing to the economy. f so the market and gov't spending help the economy. Gov't helps in having an educated workforce, and funds research leading to innovation.
A standard-issue blending of non sequitur and post hoc ergo propter hoc....Speaking of simple minded.

Just because someone used gubmint funding to make some discovery or another, doesn't automatically mean that the discovery wouldn't have been made at all.

LOL, it sure doesn't mean that the discovery definitely would have been made without Government help.

Think of all the advances we have today thanks to the Space Program. You can be sure as hell the private sector wouldn't have made that happen.

Hell, how about the government funding of the internet? You can be sure as hell we wouldn't be typing on this board with each other if it weren't for the "Gubmint"

Oh, and to the OP, I guess you don't consider being a soldier to be a "job"?

I guess folks who have been in the military, like me, weren't really performing a worthwhile service, we were just living off the public dole and wasting the taxpayer's money, right?

Last edited:
[
Really? So all the technology and innovations that came about thanks to gov't funding of research has not lead to great wealth? all those biotech/pharm companies that spun off from gov't funded research don't exist? The products that were licensed to other companies which was developed to market didn't come from gov't spending?

LIke I said, its not black and white, and its completely simple minded to say those things when there are a myriad of factors contributing to the economy. f so the market and gov't spending help the economy. Gov't helps in having an educated workforce, and funds research leading to innovation.
A standard-issue blending of non sequitur and post hoc ergo propter hoc....Speaking of simple minded.

Just because someone used gubmint funding to make some discovery or another, doesn't automatically mean that the discovery wouldn't have been made at all.

Think of all the advances we have today thanks to the Space Program. You can be sure as hell the private sector wouldn't have made that happen.
Utter, total debunked baloney.

Urban Legends of NASA: What They Did Not Invent

I guess folks who have been in the military, like me, weren't really performing a worthwhile service, we were just living off the public dole and wasting the taxpayer's money, right?
Red herring.

A legitimate function of lawful de jure government is protecting the nation against military force from without....The natural collectivized extension of the individual right of self-defense, a "job" that already exists.

The primary function of lawful de jure government is to protect us from, and provide a framework for restitution against, those who initiate force and fraud, not to be an agent of force and fraud itself.

Your ignorance of basic civics is only exceeded by that of basic economics.

You forgot, you made the police department private so your government lacks the ability to protect.

Acting as financial middleman, and lining your pockets along the way, doesn't automatically create anything that couldn't have been otherwise provided.
Thats what I told my broker. What's your point?

It's sad that public service is equated to the mafia. Not really surprising, considering the source, but sad.

When did that happen? When did a group of fucktards decide that serving the public was a bad thing?

It's sad that public service is equated to the mafia. Not really surprising, considering the source, but sad.

When did that happen? When did a group of fucktards decide that serving the public was a bad thing?
At least a real crook will only rob me once, and not condescend to me about how not wanting to be robbed means I have no compassion.

Utter, total debunked baloney.

Urban Legends of NASA: What They Did Not Invent

Red herring.

A legitimate function of lawful de jure government is protecting the nation against military force from without....The natural collectivized extension of the individual right of self-defense, a "job" that already exists.

That's one function but why create a government for defense we can provide for ourselves?

Forum List

Back