Gov. Christy Giving Boehner & House Majority Hell

How long did you think America could continue to finance a gigantic military, expensive foreign wars, support for all of Israel, farm subsidies, and corporate bailouts without paying for those things, Clementine? I guarantee your that workers didn't get the good stuff.

Really, one example is milk subsidies, they said without them the price of milk would double, isn't that the workers getting the good stuff, like half priced milk?

If the price of milk doubles, people won't buy it. Let it happen. "Free market," remember. Besides, if that was true, it means that taxes support half the cost of milk. I'd rather pay for it outright than through taxation. We can make consumption choices that way, right?

I actually agree, but do you really think the commiecrats will let that happen, not a chance in hell. Their base would go balistic, them having to pay their own way, get real.

Really, one example is milk subsidies, they said without them the price of milk would double, isn't that the workers getting the good stuff, like half priced milk?

If the price of milk doubles, people won't buy it. Let it happen. "Free market," remember. Besides, if that was true, it means that taxes support half the cost of milk. I'd rather pay for it outright than through taxation. We can make consumption choices that way, right?

I actually agree, but do you really think the commiecrats will let that happen, not a chance in hell. Their base would go balistic, them having to pay their own way, get real.

You stupidly blamed Democrats (I think you cleverly said, "commiecrats") for farm and agricultural subsidies. You are, therefore, very stupid. Check out the votes and legislation from Red State congressmen and senators.

Republicans are now in the habit of editing their views, and they've been in it for 10 years. The Bush White House suppressed dissent; talk-radio stars functioned as enforcers; the angrier parts of the base, on the Internet, attempted to silence critical thinkers. Orthodoxy was everything, or orthodoxy as some defined it.

This isn't loyalty, it's lockstep. It has harmed the party's creativity, its ability to think, when now more than ever it has to. Enough.

Noonan: Republicans Need to Talk - WSJ.com

So we add the long-time Reagan aid Peggy Noonan to the growing number of Republicans - hard to call HER a RINO too - to the growing number of voices urging the GOP to get their crap together and quit pandering to the far right.

This is good news. The GOP may just have a chance.

Maybe if Christie was teaching his citizens how to be self-reliant, he wouldn't need help from others. Just saying.

Yeah, maybe if Christie taught his constituents how to rebuild roads, bridges, and houses, those lazy bastards wouldn't need relief from natural disasters.

:cuckoo:

Yep, they want to privately enjoy living on the shore and force the rest of us to absorbe the risk. What's wrong with this picture, isn't this the same behavior you accused the banks of, privatizing profits and socializing the losses. How about a little consistency here.

HOw about you ask the people of YOUR state to stop taking in more money from the fed gov't than they give back, and then get back to me about personal responsibility.

Republicans are now in the habit of editing their views, and they've been in it for 10 years. The Bush White House suppressed dissent; talk-radio stars functioned as enforcers; the angrier parts of the base, on the Internet, attempted to silence critical thinkers. Orthodoxy was everything, or orthodoxy as some defined it.

This isn't loyalty, it's lockstep. It has harmed the party's creativity, its ability to think, when now more than ever it has to. Enough.

Noonan: Republicans Need to Talk - WSJ.com

So we add the long-time Reagan aid Peggy Noonan to the growing number of Republicans - hard to call HER a RINO too - to the growing number of voices urging the GOP to get their crap together and quit pandering to the far right.

they'll say she wants to get paid by the media.

you know how they treat the people who call them on their nonsense.

As Mr. Clean suggested, this mob may be getting too big to fit under the bus. We can only hope.

As Mr. Clean suggested, this mob may be getting too big to fit under the bus. We can only hope.

works for me.

i would say the same thing if it were my side of the aisle playing with people's well-being.

You stupidly blamed Democrats (I think you cleverly said, "commiecrats") for farm and agricultural subsidies. You are, therefore, very stupid. Check out the votes and legislation from Red State congressmen and senators.

Tell me, who administers food stamps, wic, school lunch program and also buy things like police cars, ambulances and other little goodies for rual communities? Can you say the Department of Agriculture? All of these are darlings of the left, so you can keep on topic or be an ass and try to make it personal, I can play it either way.

Obama sent them a bill full of pork.

i see. and what did the house do about it? do they lack the ability to make amendments or come up with their own bill?

and i'm sure you can give ready examples of said pork

The google is your friend. Can't post the hot link until I have 15 posts.

//twitchy.com/2013/01/02/conservatives-blast-pork-laden-sandy-relief-bill/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter]Conservatives blast pork-laden Sandy relief bill | Twitchy

Yeah, maybe if Christie taught his constituents how to rebuild roads, bridges, and houses, those lazy bastards wouldn't need relief from natural disasters.

:cuckoo:

Yep, they want to privately enjoy living on the shore and force the rest of us to absorbe the risk. What's wrong with this picture, isn't this the same behavior you accused the banks of, privatizing profits and socializing the losses. How about a little consistency here.

HOw about you ask the people of YOUR state to stop taking in more money from the fed gov't than they give back, and then get back to me about personal responsibility.

Proof, last I saw that would be an untrue statement. In fact here's a link showing your wrong. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...states-leave-others-paying-bill-58481717.html

Last edited:
Obama sent them a bill full of pork.

i see. and what did the house do about it? do they lack the ability to make amendments or come up with their own bill?

//twitchy.com/2013/01/02/conservatives-blast-pork-laden-sandy-relief-bill/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter]Conservatives blast pork-laden Sandy relief bill | Twitchy

"twitchy".com is not a credible source.

Maybe if Christie was teaching his citizens how to be self-reliant, he wouldn't need help from others. Just saying.

Wow, dude, that's harsh.
How do you expect them to be self reliant when they lost everything?

Sometimes people need help. I would classify a hurricane passing through your neighborhood and destroying everything you knew a need for help.

You would think the Obama Administration would have done something for them by now... George Bush on the other hand was getting beaten up nearly every single day over his Administrations response to Katrina. Oh, the hypocrisy.

Wow, dude, that's harsh.

Sometimes people need help. I would classify a hurricane passing through your neighborhood and destroying everything you knew a need for help.

You would think the Obama Administration would have done something for them by now... George Bush on the other hand was getting beaten up nearly every single day over his Administrations response to Katrina. Oh, the hypocrisy.

surely you understand a little bit of civics. the president did everything he could but can't exactly do more without CONGRESS (e.g, the HOUSE) allocating funds.

nice try, though.... sort of.

"twitchy".com is not a credible source.

Credible source or not Here is the list

•$2 million to repair damage to the roofs of museums in Washington, D.C., while many in Hurricane Sandy’s path still have no roof over their own heads.

•$150 million for fisheries as far away from the storm’s path as Alaska.

•$125 million for the Department of Agriculture’s Emergency Watershed Protection program, which helps restore watersheds damaged by wildfires and drought.

•$20 million for a nationwide Water Resources Priorities Study.

•$15 million for NASA facilities, though NASA itself has called its damage from the hurricane ‘minimal.’

•$50 million in subsidies for tree planting on private properties.

•$336 million for taxpayer-supported AMTRAK without any detailed plan for how the money will be spent.

•$5.3 billion for the Army Corps of Engineers – more than the Corps’ annual budget – with no statement of priorities about how to spend the money.

•$12.9 billion for future disaster mitigation activities and studies, without identifying a single way to pay for it.

Wow, dude, that's harsh.

surely you understand a little bit of civics. the president did everything he could but can't exactly do more without CONGRESS (e.g, the HOUSE) allocating funds.

And Bush did all he could, without the Governor of Louisiana signing on.

I'm worndering if the message is getting out there. Christie isn't the first to lament the dysfunction within his party. But he is very well respected - even often mentioned as possible presidential timber - so I'm wondering if this opens some new eyes?

The GOP better hope so. I for one am not looking forward to the Democrats holding the House, the Senate, and the White House. But unless the GOP gets its act together, I'm afraid that's what we are going to see.
Christie wants money. They had losses, a terrible storm and fiscal problems. He feels that we need to flex a little in the case of disasters.

The nation has needs, and the President spent $7 million to fly off to Hawaii on separate flights from his family which cost several million more than if they'd flown together. Drudge called this Money's No object.

The Republicans are worried about the $16.4 trillion U.S. National Debt.

Reason seems to be past history in the US these days.

:dunno:

Drudge? Figures for becki :rolleyes:

anyways, the Repubs didn't seem overly concerned when they started two wars, gave away a $TRILLION in Medicare part D, and instituted tax-cuts during the wars :) IOW- they created what they seem, in your words, to be so worried about.
when they started two wars?

i thought 90% of the Country was behind Bush going into Afghanistan?.......i remember ALL of Congress giving Bush a standing Ovation when he gave that speech back then.....:eusa_eh:....

Wow, dude, that's harsh.

Maybe the President needs the civics lesson. Or he might have thought twice about visiting the areas and making promises that were not his to keep. Maybe he should have said, "I'll see what I can get Congress to do". I mean if we're playing pass the buck like he did with FEMA. Then again Donna Vanzant could be a flagrant liar, right? I mean it is possible and all....

"I was very excited and felt warm by the embrace thinking this is really going to happen. I'm going to get the help I need because he promised that. And it's been almost a month now and I've gotten no help and gotten nothing but no, you're not covered for this. No, you're not covered for that. And it's because of the way the storm hit and the water rising that I'm not covered for any contents in the entire business. I expected, when I was introduced to the director of FEMA and the president told him to get me immediate help, I thought I was getting help from FEMA itself. Not that I would have to go get a loan. And it's just greatly affected so many people."

VIDEO IN LINK

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ryan-r...sandy-hasnt-received-help-she-n#ixzz2GrNjQcBp

"These lessons are worthy of media coverage, but are largely being ignored seemingly in an attempt to ignore the Obama administration's shortcomings . A luxury that was never bestowed upon the Bush administration in a similar circumstance."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ryan-r...sandy-hasnt-received-help-she-n#ixzz2GrOtpCO5

Last edited:

Proof, last I saw that would be an untrue statement. In fact here's a link showing your wrong. Federal Taxing and Spending Benefit Some States, Leave Others Paying Bill -- re> WASHINGTON, Oct. 9 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

So, Texas will be returning the $54 billion in aid they received from the fed gov't in 2010?

Forum List

Back