Gore today, "We are seeing rain bombs"

Hmm. I depend on the weather, or at least I used to. Gore is right, I have seen the changes of climate. Back in the late sixties, the rain used to come every three days during the summer. No Tornadoes, no hail storms. Autumn came along, subtle soft as your mothers whisper. Now? We have urban heat bubbles, rain is scarce as hens teeth and suddenly we go from dry 85 degrees to 30 degree snow squalls. No in-between fall weather. We broke the weather, it was never like this before. Anyone that is observant and worth their salt has seen this happening. And they know this is true as death.

And if you are born morning and die that night you never knew it gets dark every night. The point- your experiences are the fraction of a blink of an eye in terms of climate. It means little to nothing.
True, So too can be said of your post.

Hmm. I depend on the weather, or at least I used to. Gore is right, I have seen the changes of climate. Back in the late sixties, the rain used to come every three days during the summer. No Tornadoes, no hail storms. Autumn came along, subtle soft as your mothers whisper. Now? We have urban heat bubbles, rain is scarce as hens teeth and suddenly we go from dry 85 degrees to 30 degree snow squalls. No in-between fall weather. We broke the weather, it was never like this before. Anyone that is observant and worth their salt has seen this happening. And they know this is true as death.

To all of you who live in the dreamy anecdote bubble...I suggest that you do a bit of digging into the climate of whatever anecdotal area you live in and see what the actual climate history was like rather than your flawed memory of it...and do go back a bit further than the tiny eye blink of your own life....

I have to buy a new roof every three years because of hail. And I cant have a garden anymore, it dries up and shrivels. Like my lawn. The rain that used to come every three days, it takes THREE WEEKS to get a mere tiny spittle. And when we get rain it's torrential flood. With hail the size of a quarter or larger. This is a new phenomena. Weather quirks? Weather is quirky alright.It doesn't explain this.

And in what region has the weather so suddenly taken a nose dive?

meanwhile they are trying to harvest wheat in snowstorms in the Dakotas
And we've got floods here in Kansas.

Unrelated to the hurricane.
Flood of 1903 - Kansapedia - Kansas Historical Society
Flood of 1951 - Kansapedia - Kansas Historical Society
I have to buy a new roof every three years because of hail. And I cant have a garden anymore, it dries up and shrivels. Like my lawn. The rain that used to come every three days, it takes THREE WEEKS to get a mere tiny spittle. And when we get rain it's torrential flood. With hail the size of a quarter or larger. This is a new phenomena. Weather quirks? Weather is quirky alright.It doesn't explain this.

Guess you never actually looked at the climate of your state.

CoCoRaHS - Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network

Colorado is one of the most hail-prone states in the U.S.

Hail occurs more frequently in the lee of the Rockies than anywhere else in North America.

Hail is more variable (from place to place and year to year) than almost any other climatic event.

Destructive hail occurs most frequently on the western Great Plains.

Strong winds accompanying hail greatly increase the damage potential.

The highest frequency of damaging hail appears to occur near the border of Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado.

The Colorado hail season is April 15 to September 15.

According to the Denver Post...

Hailstorms aren't more common in Colorado than before, but they are getting costlier as the state grows

Neither the frequency of hail storms nor the size of the hail is unusual in denver.,..more damage is being seen because there are more people and more stuff to damage...

and as to drought...take a look at the history of your state...drought isn't an unusual condition in colorado.

If you depend on your flawed memory of how things use to be..and only look back as far as you can remember, you will be wrong every time....especially if your memory is biased by your political leanings.

Hail occurs more frequently in the lee of the Rockies than anywhere else in North America.

Hail is more variable (from place to place and year to year) than almost any other climatic event.

The highest frequency of damaging hail appears to occur near the border of Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado.

Hailstorms aren't more common in Colorado than before, but they are getting costlier as the state grows

Neither the frequency of hail storms nor the size of the hail is unusual in denver.,..more damage is being seen because there are more people and more stuff to damage...

and as to drought...take a look at the history of your state...drought isn't an unusual condition in colorado.

If you depend on your flawed memory of how things use to be..and only look back as far as you can remember, you will be wrong every time....especially if your memory is biased by your political leanings.
There's an inch of snow on the unflooded surfaces this morning.

So are you saying that this is unprecedented in the history of the earth, or just that you haven't seen it in your short time here?

The thing is that your observation, like most of climate science is based on very little that can actually stand up to a careful fact check. If you took the time to actually check, you would find that whatever weather or climate conditions in the present you care to name, you will find more and worse if you look into the past.

Looking into the past tells us the boundaries of natural variability and there are no climate conditions anywhere on earth at present which are even within shooting distance of the boundries of natural variability....and what does this tell thinking people about climate?

It should tell thinking people that if man made climate change exists, it is indistinguishable from natural variability...and if that is the case, exactly how would you tell manmade climate change from natural variability?

So are you saying that this is unprecedented in the history of the earth, or just that you haven't seen it in your short time here?

The thing is that your observation, like most of climate science is based on very little that can actually stand up to a careful fact check. If you took the time to actually check, you would find that whatever weather or climate conditions in the present you care to name, you will find more and worse if you look into the past.

Looking into the past tells us the boundaries of natural variability and there are no climate conditions anywhere on earth at present which are even within shooting distance of the boundries of natural variability....and what does this tell thinking people about climate?

It should tell thinking people that if man made climate change exists, it is indistinguishable from natural variability...and if that is the case, exactly how would you tell manmade climate change from natural variability?
Don't be stupider than you have to be.

Im telling you it's unusual.

It's not that hard kid.

Its threads like this that keep me coming back in here.......hysterical shit. People who think drought and hail are some kind of new phenomenon that has emerged over the past decade.:113::113: Somebody was talking about hail the "size of a quarter.......never seen that before!":ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::auiqs.jpg:

This forum always pulls in the most mental of the mental cases.........

It's not that hard kid.

So are you suggesting that there was no "unusual" weather prior to the invention of the internal combustion engine? The content of your posts seems to suggest that mankind is somehow responsible...do you have any actual observed evidence for that belief or is anecdote good enough to support your belief system?

The extra 1ppm added last year did that....amazing

It's not that hard kid.

So are you suggesting that there was no "unusual" weather prior to the invention of the internal combustion engine? The content of your posts seems to suggest that mankind is somehow responsible...do you have any actual observed evidence for that belief or is anecdote good enough to support your belief system?
That's an awful nice stawman! How long have you been working on it?

It's not that hard kid.

So would that be an admission that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence with which to support your belief that man is altering the global climate?

That's what I thought. Now, what will your next dodge be?

It's not that hard kid.

So would that be an admission that you can't provide a single piece of observed, measured evidence with which to support your belief that man is altering the global climate?

No, it's me responding to your ridiculous comments.

It's not that hard kid.

Exactly which part of asking for observed measured evidence to support your beliefs is ridiculous?

It's not that hard kid.

It is clear you can't provide a real debate, just evade his questions over and over.

It's not that hard kid.

Exactly which part of asking for observed measured evidence to support your beliefs is ridiculous?
Lol, you will just refuse to believe anything I post.

Why would I waste my time?

I have been asking for a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis for nearly 2 decades now...and to date, not a single piece of such evidence has been forthcoming.

What's the matter? Afraid to post what passes for observed, measured evidence in your mind, or are you unaware that any evidence exists because you just never bothered to look?

I have been asking for a single piece of observed, measured evidence that supports the AGW hypothesis for nearly 2 decades now...and to date, not a single piece of such evidence has been forthcoming.

What's the matter? Afraid to post what passes for observed, measured evidence in your mind, or are you unaware that any evidence exists because you just never bothered to look?
2 decades?

And you never thought to Google it?

2 decades?

And you never thought to Google it?

As I said, I have searched earnestly for more than 2 decades and I can ask anyone, anywhere for a single piece of observed, measured data supporting AGW over natural variability with complete confidence that no such data will be forthcoming. I have asked climate scientists for such data and while they are better able to hem and haw than you, they, also are unable to produce that single piece of observed, measured data I asked for because it simply doesn't exist.

But do feel free to google till your heart's content if you think it exists....By all means, bring it here. I would love to see it.

I'm not asking for volumes of proof...or any proof at all...or even mountains of evidence...I am asking for just a single piece of observed measured data which supports the man made climate change hypothesis over natural variability and it simply does not exist..

Prove me wrong...

Forum List

Back