GOPer Mike Huckabee Mistakenly Calls SCOTUS Leak an “Insurrection”

PinktheFloyd88

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2021
Dallas

Now, I will come back to what he said about this leak being an insurrection, but first things first: Mike Huckabee is a nobody. I’m not sure why he is still on TV or sought after as a voice in America. He has not been in office since 2007, and all he has done the past 15 years is fail in the GOP Primaries.

With that said, an insurrection is defined as a violent act - which of course leaking a harmless SCOTUS ruling is not.

Thoughts on the GOP trying to call this an Insurrection? Do you think they are just trying to get back at Democrats by calling it one?

Now, I will come back to what he said about this leak being an insurrection, but first things first: Mike Huckabee is a nobody. I’m not sure why he is still on TV or sought after as a voice in America. He has not been in office since 2007, and all he has done the past 15 years is fail in the GOP Primaries.

With that said, an insurrection is defined as a violent act - which of course leaking a harmless SCOTUS ruling is not.

Thoughts on the GOP trying to call this an Insurrection? Do you think they are just trying to get back at Democrats by calling it one?

That's actually totally accurate. It is an insurrection, just like the looting and burning you people will do over it is an insurrection.

Enjoy your riot!

Don't worry about the nasty man upsetting you, no one else is.

I believe it is a far stretch to call Huckabee's 'senior moment' / verbal mistake an organized GOP attempt to call the leak - or reversal of Roe-V-Wade - an 'insurrection'.

I think many times people hear an honest 'mis-speak' / error and race to declare it an intentional plot / action to misrepresent the individual's true intentions.

I believe this is one of those times

For the record, I could care less what Huckabee thinks. He is entitled to his own opinion.

Per Merriam-Webster: 'Insurrection' - an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government
So, by that definition, yes the leak was an insurrection.
In all fairness though, many other definitions do include some component of violence.

Per Merriam-Webster: 'Insurrection' - an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government
In all fairness though, many other definitions do include some component of violence.

'Revolting against civil authority'

This alone does not make the leak illegal.

Turnabout is fair play, moonbat.

Well, that may be one of the collateral issues we have to deliberate. Suppose the protesters break the police barracade around the Supreme Court Building and probably some Super Supreme Secret Marshal Service for the Justices.

I saw cult members on Twitter calling for a revolution over the Roe v Wade issue.

Seems like inciting an insurrection to me.

They will be banned and arrested, right?
That depends on if they do it on live TV like the hillbilly idiot army on Jan 6.

The violence is coming. The leak is just the match that's going to light the powder keg.

The left's Summer of Terror 2022 is upon us!

That's actually totally accurate. It is an insurrection, just like the looting and burning you people will do over it is an insurrection.

Enjoy your riot!
It is, by definition, not an insurrection.
Post a screenshot of google’s definition of insurrection, troll

Forum List

Back