GOP view of economy disconnected from reality

Lottery Odds Are Also Misleading

A lot of misinformation has to do with definitions. For example, a pitcher's earned runs per game defines a game as having pitched nine innings, not defining it as how many games he pitched in.

Second, that statistic is also misinformation, because he is charged with a run for every batter who scored after he put that batter on base. To be realistic, the run charged should be divided by what base the runner he put on was at when the pitcher got replaced. That's why relievers' ERA's are too low.
In another thread about compulsory classes, I suggested everyone should complete 2 statistics courses before they graduate high school. The majority of citizens just blindly accept information as "truth" if it is presented in a graph or as some arcane statistical model. We need a country with a more savvy populace to challenge the disinformation.

In another thread about compulsory classes, I suggested everyone should complete 2 statistics courses before they graduate high school. The majority of citizens just blindly accept information as "truth" if it is presented in a graph or as some arcane statistical model. We need a country with a more savvy populace to challenge the disinformation.
Problem isnt understanding data, its the lack of interest to look at it. Earlier in this thread you claimed more people have multiple jobs now than normal which I showed you data that says otherwise. My guess is you likely still believe that statement even though the only source of data in the country on that topic that is reliable is the BLS labor survey. I am not sure how stat classes for people who lack curiosity would help.

Or you present them to match your narrative, which is what the left does all the time.
It’s all public record if you wanted to bother to look at it. But why would you? That wouldn’t serve your interests.
Your interest lies solely in grievance.

my tiny slice and hearing about other peoples experience in their tiny slices around the country...if we are all mostly saying the same thing ill believe the people over what the parties are saying......
While ignoring the actual data. Brilliant!
BTW_ don’t look up.

So the fact that groceries cost 20% more now than before Biden took office is "irrelevant", Hutch? Good luck selling that to the rather large percentage of the American population that lives pay check to pay check! Joe Biden and the Democrats deserve to lose in 2024 because they could care less about poor and middle class Americans. The Democrats have become the Party that cares about elites and illegals. Everyone else? They don't care about you and haven't for years!
C’mon man. No president sets grocery pricing. What would you have Biden to to ease your plight?

Realistically__If 20 cents on the dollar breaks you, then you should look inward.
The national trends don’t reflect the level of pain you’re expressing.

I’ve cut actually quite a lot of fat out of my spending habits and am better for it.

They just need to buy dog food and shut the hell up, right Hutch! Damn whiners! Thinking they deserve better? The nerve of them! (eye roll)
Nonsense. You shouldn’t look to deserve anything from the govt. Right?

It’s a good time to kick your Diet Coke habit. :)

Lottery Odds Are Also Misleading

A lot of misinformation has to do with definitions. For example, a pitcher's earned runs per game defines a game as having pitched nine innings, not defining it as how many games he pitched in.

Second, that statistic is also misinformation, because he is charged with a run for every batter who scored after he put that batter on base. To be realistic, the run charged should be divided by what base the runner he put on was at when the pitcher got replaced. That's why relievers' ERA's are too low.
ERA shows how many earned runs were scored on that pitcher per 9 innings pitched......and many relievers have some pretty high ERA's....

If you invested in the Dow when Joe took over you are up up up! Thanks Joe!

1701342975063.png

baseball does not publish an ERA per game, just an overall ERA. The problem is not with the information, but with your mistaken understanding of it

It’s all public record if you wanted to bother to look at it. But why would you? That wouldn’t serve your interests.
Your interest lies solely in grievance.

LOL, coming from the grievance squad leader "HURR DURR DURR TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP"

Republicans have never been more disconnected from the performance of an economy. The robust economic environment has defied it’s naysayers with its resiliency and is delivering a record year. You wouldn’t know it to talk to a republican though. The data shows republicans opinions of the economy have little if anything to do with its actual performance.

A good summary of the republican perception disconnect from reality.

Opinion | Republicans’ views of the economy are detached from reality

Consumer spending is strong, and Americans are starting new businesses at the highest rates since the Census Bureau began tracking this data in 2006. Yet when pollsters ask people how they think the economy is doing, they don’t just express concern. They say the economy is terrible.

The polling data doesn’t show that Americans think the economy stinks so much as it shows that Republicans say it stinks.

Some partisanship has always existed in polling about the economy: When there’s a Democrat in the White House, Democrats are more likely to say the economy is good than Republicans, and both sides change their opinions when the White House changes hands. But this difference has grown in recent years — and grown unequally. A pair of economists who examined decades of polling data concluded, “While both Republicans and Democrats view the economy more favorably when their party controls the White House, the magnitude of this partisan bias is roughly two and a half times larger for Republicans than for Democrats.”

We can see how that is playing out right now. In the latest edition of the University of Michigan’s Index of Consumer Sentiment, the average Democratic score is over twice as high as the Republican score. But what is most striking is just how awful Republicans say the economy is. Their index score for this month is significantly lower than the score they gave the economy in the depths of the Great Recession in 2008 and 2009, when the economy was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs every month.
From the mind of a Dimtard ilkbot who only gets handouts from sucking off the gubment teat.
Get a job kookbot and then come back with your Reichbabble.

He crashed it before he became President? Its up to Trumps last day well over 15%...
Cant outpace inflation though and the fact it takes san extra $1000 a month to live on now.....Poopeypants needs to double stock market standings to even come close to Trump's economy looneybird.

Don't know why it took so many days for it to hit me, but I am just now struck by the irony of the title of this thread, and the premise of the OP.

The article cites a number of “experts” trying to tell us that what most Americans are directly experiencing is “Disconnected From Reality”, citing studies that purport to prove that the economy is in great shape.

It seems obvious to me that it is these “experts”, these studies, and the OP that are very clearly disconnected from reality.

Don't know why it took so many days for it to hit me, but I am just now struck by the irony of the title of this thread, and the premise of the OP.

The article cites a number of “experts” trying to tell us that what most Americans are directly experiencing is “Disconnected From Reality”, citing studies that purport to prove that the economy is in great shape.

It seems obvious to me that it is these “experts”, these studies, and the OP that are very clearly disconnected from reality.
Depends on perspective....stock market now at 35,700 but my dollar is worth half what it was under Trump....so....but the handout loonies can't tell the difference because they dont support themselves.

Forum List

Back