GOP view of economy disconnected from reality

Do you ever take or explain your own position instead of just commenting like a jackass?

I am fiscally on the right and socially on the left. I support smaller government and a live and let live view on life.

As there is not a side that supports either one of these things, I find myself on the outside looking in at both sides

I am fiscally on the right and socially on the left. I support smaller government and a live and let live view on life.

As there is not a side that supports either one of these things, I find myself on the outside looking in at both sides

Theodin twit stands alone.

We still need to consume, but people have to buy on credit or limit their consumption now because of runaway prices. You can't convince a mother of 3 that her paycheck is stretching farther now than it was when Trump was in office. Under that economic plan people even had savings accounts. Unless your name is Zelensky, you're getting the Bidenomic shaft...
Consumer spending decreases during actual bad economic times. :rolleyes:

yea lots of peoples experience......take your head out of your ass starsky you might see that....
Which changes nothing I posted. Most of those folks, like yourself, don’t understand the first thing about the economy.
All of the key economic indicators are strong. That means the economy is strong. What you pay at any given store is irrelevant to that fact.

“Low everyday prices” is not a constitutionally protected right.

Which changes nothing I posted. Most of those folks, like yourself, don’t understand the first thing about the economy.
All of the key economic indicators are strong. That means the economy is strong. What you pay at any given store is irrelevant to that fact.

and of course you are the expert right?....you sound like typical dipshit.....

Lets see, Mortgage rates are near 8%. Gas is twice what it was when Trump was President. Food costs are up. Geeeeez!

Someone is living in La La Land!

Lets see. Trump economy, right?

• The economy lost 2.9 million jobs.
  • The unemployment rate increased by 1.6 percentage points to 6.3%.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.
  • The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.
  • Home prices rose 27.5%, and the homeownership rate increased 2.1 percentage points to 65.8%.

and of course you are the expert right?....you sound like typical dipshit.....
There is a system in place for measuring the overall economy and its constituent parts. I’m not an expert by any measure but have been trained in reading and understanding how and why it is measured the way it is and what the changes can potentially mean. That is the system by which we evaluate the state of the economic health in this country.
Not with feelings or experiences while shopping.

I agree that prices at the grocery store are ridiculous for some items but that is more of an indication that grocery chains are taking advantage rather than that the overall economy is weak.

Last edited:
There is a system in place for measuring the overall economy and its constituent parts. I’m not an expert by any measure but have been trained in reading and understanding how and why it is measured the way it is and what the changes can potentially mean. That is the system by which we evaluate the state of the economic health in this country.
Not with feelings or experiences while shopping.

I agree that prices at the grocery store are ridiculous for some items but that is more of indication that grocery chains are taking advantage than that the overall economy is weak.
yea the system is whoever is president his backers will claim the economy is doing great......sorry the real measure is how the population is doing financially....if people are struggling to get by.....the economy in spite of what you are saying aint that good...

yea the system is whoever is president his backers will claim the economy is doing great......sorry the real measure is how the population is doing financially....if people are struggling to get by.....the economy in spite of what you are saying aint that good...
It’s not. That is not true in any way.
I would bet that many of those folks on the ground doing the daily work are career folks and have served under many presidential administrations.

It’s not. That is not true in any way.
I would bet that many of those folks on the ground doing the daily work are career folks and have served under many presidential administrations.
so what?.....does that mean they are all doing great just because you say they should be?...

so what?.....does that mean they are all doing great just because you say they should be?...
So what you are saying is that there’s no real way to know what the actual state of the economy is because no one can be trusted and they’re all probably lying?

So you just judge the state of the world by your firsthand experiences in your tiny slice of it?

So what you are saying is that there’s no real way to know what the actual state of the economy is because no one can be trusted and they’re all probably lying?

So you just judge the state of the world by your firsthand experiences in your tiny slice of it?
my tiny slice and hearing about other peoples experience in their tiny slices around the country...if we are all mostly saying the same thing ill believe the people over what the parties are saying......

So the fact that groceries cost 20% more now than before Biden took office is "irrelevant", Hutch? Good luck selling that to the rather large percentage of the American population that lives pay check to pay check! Joe Biden and the Democrats deserve to lose in 2024 because they could care less about poor and middle class Americans. The Democrats have become the Party that cares about elites and illegals. Everyone else? They don't care about you and haven't for years!

Last edited:
Oh here we go, more fun with statistics. Have you ever heard the phrase "There are lies, there are damn lies, and then then there are statistics?" Do you know what that means?
Lottery Odds Are Also Misleading

A lot of misinformation has to do with definitions. For example, a pitcher's earned runs per game defines a game as having pitched nine innings, not defining it as how many games he pitched in.

Second, that statistic is also misinformation, because he is charged with a run for every batter who scored after he put that batter on base. To be realistic, the run charged should be divided by what base the runner he put on was at when the pitcher got replaced. That's why relievers' ERA's are too low.

Forum List

Back