GOP Rep. Andy Harris tried to take gun on House floor

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Since the Capitol police can't seem to protect anyone carrying a weapon for self defense seems prudent to me.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.
You think it’s prudent for a law maker to break the law while at work?

If the cops can't or won't protect a person then what choice does he have?
Same choice as everybody else. Follow the law or don’t follow the law. It’s not complicated
if you trust the cops to protect you you truly are an idiot
I don’t see what that has to do with following the law. Can you explain?

of course you don't.

If the cops cannot or will not protect you then following a law that disarms you is dangerous.

it's not complicated and no person should blindly obey a law that puts him in danger
Especially if you are a refugee fleeing from a right wing, foreign drug war. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey Republicans, just shut up about the minor inconvenience of magnetometers and wanding. Andy - You are hereby officially bestowed the Idiot of the Week Award. It'll look great on your mantel! :rolleyes-41:

U.S. Capitol Police are investigating a report that Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., tried to take a gun onto the house floor Thursday, a department spokesperson said.​
During a House vote Thursday afternoon, Harris was stopped at security and then immediately turned around. He briefly huddled with Rep. John Katko, R-N.Y., by the elevators and may have discussed the weapon with Katko, according to a report by HuffPost.​
"One security official present saw a firearm on the person of Rep. Harris and relayed that to his superiors," a Capitol official told NBC News. "To be clear, Rep. Harris did not enter the Floor."​
The metal detectors were ordered put in place by Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., after the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol. They have become a flashpoint among some Republican members, and they have at times created tension with police.​
Some Republican members have chafed at walking through magnetometers and submitting to hand wandings. At one door alone Thursday, at least a half-dozen evaded or brushed past officers, despite the threat of fines.​

Seems like to me, Andy's votes WITHOUT his damn gun are really all the idiocy we need from him.

Since the Capitol police can't seem to protect anyone carrying a weapon for self defense seems prudent to me.

The reason I carry is because the police have no legal or moral obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

Same choice as everybody else. Follow the law or don’t follow the law. It’s not complicated

of course you don't.

If the cops cannot or will not protect you then following a law that disarms you is dangerous.

it's not complicated and no person should blindly obey a law that puts him in danger
Oh ok, so it sounds like you're saying that if somebody feels like they are danger then its ok to not follow the law. Did I get that right?

If obeying a law puts you in harm's way you have no obligation to comply.

Tell me if you were at a red light and a truck was speeding at you from across the intersection would you break the law and run the red light?

of course you don't.

Oh ok, so it sounds like you're saying that if somebody feels like they are danger then its ok to not follow the law. Did I get that right?

Tell me if you were at a red light and a truck was speeding at you from across the intersection would you break the law and run the red light?
Yes I would run the red light. Let me ask. If I was living in Mexico and feared for my life and prosperity for my family is it ok for me to ignore the US immigration laws and come here to live a better/safer life?

of course you don't.

Yes I would run the red light. Let me ask. If I was living in Mexico and feared for my life and prosperity for my family is it ok for me to ignore the US immigration laws and come here to live a better/safer life?

not quite the same thing since there is no law requiring Mexicans to stay in Mexico.

Should've let him.
Hey Man, nice shot.
Budd Dwyer.jpeg

This asshole WILL be fined and he SHOULD be at least censured.
Why? With the history and threat of radical lefties attempting to assassinate Republican Congress members, he has every right to carry to protect himself.
Maybe in right wing fantasy. In reality, it was right wingers rebelling against the general Government of the Union.

Forum List

Back