GOP lawmaker says Republicans were warned about FBI informant's credibility

The investigation “identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign” and established that the Trump Campaign “showed interest in WikiLeaks's releases of documents and welcomed their potential to damage candidate Clinton”
I don't think so. They did find Russia attempted to interfere in the election process:

First, our investigation found that the Russian government interfered in our election in sweeping and systematic fashion.
Second, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities. We did not address collusion, which is not a legal term; rather we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy, and there was not.

Even when faced with the truth, they still believe Russian Disinformation.
You cream your jeans too when the 'Hillary paid for' Russian intel came out about the pee-pee tapes?
I guess you didn't listen to the broadcast in the first post. A republican admitted they knew it was a lie but they choose to go with it anyway.
You are lying. Ken Buck said they weren't totally sure of the credibility of the information and they should be careful using it. It was the FBI who claimed the guy was a long time reliable source.

I did listen to the video in the OP and Buck never mentions anything whatsoever about knowing the info was a lie.

I don't think so. They did find Russia attempted to interfere in the election process:

First, our investigation found that the Russian government interfered in our election in sweeping and systematic fashion.
Second, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities. We did not address collusion, which is not a legal term; rather we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy, and there was not.

You cream your jeans too when the 'Hillary paid for' Russian intel came out about the pee-pee tapes?

You are lying. Ken Buck said they weren't totally sure of the credibility of the information and they should be careful using it. It was the FBI who claimed the guy was a long time reliable source.

I did listen to the video in the OP and Buck never mentions anything whatsoever about knowing the info was a lie.
You are well known to conflate and misconstrue, and misunderstand most everything.

ty

Senate report outlines ‘grave’ Russian threat in 2016 election interference probe

The report details ties between the Trump campaign and Russia but doesn’t find evidence of coordinated scheme [ didn't find? okay. They were dealing with the Russians. And there may still be evidence unfound ]

Last edited:
I guess he didn't put it in simple enough language for you. Lack of credibility = lie.

I guess he didn't put it in simple enough language for you. Lack of credibility = lie.
You lie twice now. Buck never said that either.

As far as credibility, our dear friend Jamie Raskin vouched for his credibility:

House Oversight Committee Republicans say the FBI told Congress their source had worked for the bureau since 2010, had been paid roughly $200,000 for information, and was deemed “highly credible.” Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about credibility. Republicans say Director Christopher Wray also confirmed the FBI used Mr. Smirnov’s information in investigations until June 2023 (when the bribery claims went public). The FBI affirmed Mr. Smirnov’s credibility so long as it was useful to do so. (emphasis added)

Senate report outlines
Senate report? That's laughable and highly partisan.

I sourced direct testimony by Robert Mueller to congress over his criminal investigation results.

Try again.

You lie twice now. Buck never said that either.

As far as credibility, our dear friend Jamie Raskin vouched for his credibility:

Senate report? That's laughable and highly partisan.

I sourced direct testimony by Robert Mueller to congress over his criminal investigation results.

Try again.
You are truly deluded. Good bye and good riddance.

Smirnov is not a key informant. They never spoke with him. And even Democrats admit that the FBI told them Smirnov was trusted.

Ranking Oversight Democrat Jamie Raskin acknowledged the FBI’s briefing about credibility. Republicans say Director Christopher Wray also confirmed the FBI used Mr. Smirnov’s information in investigations until June 2023 (when the bribery claims went public). The FBI affirmed Mr. Smirnov’s credibility so long as it was useful to do so. (emphasis added)​

The FBI told the House Republicans there was something wrong with the guy's shit Mr. Smirnov’
regarding the Bidens.

Ignoring Warnings, G.O.P. Trumpeted Now-Discredited Allegation Against Biden​

Republicans in Congress built their impeachment case against President Biden around a bribery accusation that the F.B.I. had warned them was uncorroborated.

Republicans Rush to Scrub Mention of FBI Informant in Impeachment Letter​

House Republicans are quietly trying to remove traces of indicted ex–FBI informant Alexander Smirnov in their Biden impeachment quest.​

But an hour later, Republicans sent out a second version of the letter, also obtained by TNR. This time, the entire paragraph about the informant had been deleted.

Republican leadership has recently been forced to acknowledge that their impeachment efforts are a total bust. Comer said just last week that the inquiry is highly unlikely to result in an impeachment vote. He told Spectrum News that the “math keeps getting worse,” both in terms of his party’s shrinking House majority and growing skepticism about the impeachment.

Republicans need to explain when they learned the truth about Alexander Smirnov​

Were GOP lawmakers played the fool by Russia, or were they in on their "informant’s" claims?

The mystery of this case involves more than Smirnov himself. There are at least two questions we need answered.

First, who passed along this Russian disinformation to members of Congress? Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, who swallowed the claims hook, line and sinker, has credited “brave and heroic whistleblowers” for alerting him that an FBI source report form, an FD-1023, detailed an alleged bribe from Ukrainian firm Burisma. Whoever passed that information to Congress clearly had access to an official FBI document, a document containing information that the FBI had doubted for years. We need to know whether the so-called whistleblowers were well-meaning dupes or if they were deliberately carrying out Russia’s bidding. Second, did Republican Congress members pursue impeachment of Biden even after they knew Smirnov wasn’t credible?

The source, who has been described as highly credible by the FB
But ion the Biden thing they were warned the source was not credible.

Ignoring Warnings, G.O.P. Trumpeted Now-Discredited Allegation Against Biden​

Republicans in Congress built their impeachment case against President Biden around a bribery accusation that the F.B.I. had warned them was uncorroborated.

Forum List

Back