GOP Fails!

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
For those maintaining the GOP wanted voter ID requirements in order to suppress the black vote, the evidence is in: The GOP failed. Black voter turnout was higher in NC in a midterm after voter ID became law than before.
So I guess the GOP will need another strategy to suppress minority votes for Dems. Maybe pointing out they are worse off today than 6 years ago might be a starting point.
The Voter Suppression Myth Takes Another Hit - WSJ

For those maintaining the GOP wanted voter ID requirements in order to suppress the black vote, the evidence is in: The GOP failed. Black voter turnout was higher in NC in a midterm after voter ID became law than before.
So I guess the GOP will need another strategy to suppress minority votes for Dems. Maybe pointing out they are worse off today than 6 years ago might be a starting point.
proving it had nothing to do with supressing and that was pure mumbo jumbo from the left. Thanks for validating that it was purely an agenda item that failed.

Voter suppression efforts almost always blow up in the face of the suppressors. Just ask the guys who tried to make blacks pass a literacy test before being allowed to vote. Their efforts helped to get Obama elected all these years later.

Suppression efforts tend to make those who are being oppressed rise up.

Voter suppression efforts almost always blow up in the face of the suppressors. Just ask the guys who tried to make blacks pass a literacy test before being allowed to vote. Their efforts helped to get Obama elected all these years later.

this is just stupid. Stop the stupid, please!!!!!!

When did anyone make blacks pass a literacy test in the last 40 years?

So the WSJ (the current print version of fox noise) claims voter ID requirements didn't make a difference in NC. Not surprising, considering the source, but here are several other studies that disagree.
How Much of a Difference Did New Voting Restrictions Make in Yesterday s Close Races BillMoyers.com
Voter ID North Carolina Law Hurts Democrats The New Republic
Photo ID laws do hurt voter turnout study - Washington Times

I guess you can just believe the info from inside the fox bubble, or you can take a wider view and include credible sources. I do agree that the GOP strategies are failing, but that's mostly in ways you don't recognize, and would never admit.

So the WSJ (the current print version of fox noise) claims voter ID requirements didn't make a difference in NC. Not surprising, considering the source, but here are several other studies that disagree.
How Much of a Difference Did New Voting Restrictions Make in Yesterday s Close Races BillMoyers.com

I guess you can just believe the info from inside the fox bubble, or you can take a wider view and include credible sources. I do agree that the GOP strategies are failing, but that's mostly in ways you don't recognize, and would never admit.
The New Republic article was from 2013.
You are a complete dolt.

I can't even say anything against the resident members of the USMB Pussy Brigade. Voter ID is not a racial ploy...but I understand why the liberal lemming would believe it - given the absolute hate and vitriol spewed by the pseudo-con teapers.

If someone can't obtain a valid ID...I don't want them to vote...they are obviously leeches.

You are a complete dolt.

So? You're saying that voter ID requirements have a different result now than they did in 2013? Please elaborate.

You are a complete dolt.

So? You're saying that voter ID requirements have a different result now than they did in 2013? Please elaborate.
Wow. I really have to explain this to you?
Moron, shit for brains: There was an election in 2014. 2014 is comparable to 2010 in that both were off years for elections. In 2010 voter ID had not been passed. In 2014 voter ID had been passed. Minority voting INCREASED from 2010 to 2014. So there was no suppression at all.

The "voter suppression" canard is nothing more than another way to maintain the victimization mentality (and voting pattern) that is holding back so many members of our Black population.

you fail jackanape, voter ID doesn't go into effect until 2016 here in NC

Voter ID

The "voter suppression" canard is nothing more than another way to maintain the victimization mentality (and voting pattern) that is holding back so many members of our Black population.
It's the soft bigotry of low expectations. Here the idea is that poor blacks, who seem to have no trouble signing up for foodstamps etc, somehow cannot figure out how to sign up for a free ID card to vote.

you fail jackanape voter ID doesn't go into effect until 2016 here in NC
You're an idiot. Like that's news.
Federal Court Refuses To Block N.C. Voter ID Law - Matt Vespa

you fail jackanape voter ID doesn't go into effect until 2016 here in NC
You're an idiot. Like that's news.
Federal Court Refuses To Block N.C. Voter ID Law - Matt Vespa

it doesn't go into effect until 2016

Beginning in 2016, North Carolina will require voters to show a photo identification (photo ID) when they present to vote in person. This change is a result of the Voter Information Verification Act or “VIVA.” (S.L. 2013-381). Until 2016, most voters will not be required to show any form of identification when they vote.

( and there will be more challenges to it)

the link to nc Voter ID

Last edited:

You are a complete dolt.

Moron, shit for brains: There was an election in 2014. 2014 is comparable to 2010 in that both were off years for elections. In 2010 voter ID had not been passed. In 2014 voter ID had been passed. Minority voting INCREASED from 2010 to 2014. So there was no suppression at all.

You poor feeble minded teabagger. How many states did your little study cover? Do you not understand that any increase in numbers was in spite of, and probably as a response to the ridiculous ID laws? That increase was not seen across the entire country. 2010 turnout was 41% 2014 was 36.3% . 2014 was the lowest midterm turnout since 1942
The 2014 voter turnout looked more like 1930 or 1942
Now STFU

You are a complete dolt.

You poor feeble minded teabagger. How many states did your little study cover? Do you not understand that any increase in numbers was in spite of, and probably as a response to the ridiculous ID laws? That increase was not seen across the entire country. 2010 turnout was 41% 2014 was 36.3% . 2014 was the lowest midterm turnout since 1942
The 2014 voter turnout looked more like 1930 or 1942
Now STFU
Deflect, change the subject, move the goalposts.
Face it, you lost this one and you look like a moron.

Forum List

Back