Good news for once! Inflation at lowest point in 13 years!

Our government loves us. They never lie and they always do good things.
Uh-huh, it's exactly like a master loves his dog as long as the dog obeys without hesitation.

Personally I think it's long past time us dogs start peeing on some gubmint rugs. :p

Personally, I support seceding from our tyranny. At this point, they're worthless.

Our resident expert economist danielpalos should be along anytime to tell everyone how this is a good thing.

You can bet there will be a clause involved.
There always is. There always is. . . . . :auiqs.jpg:

iu

HAHA JK
Highest in 13 years. Prices surge 5%. Largest price surge since right before the 08 recession.
Gotta love America and her corrupt, ignorant pols, that ruin everyones lives!
Do you think the 5% price surge has anything to do with supply and demand or is it all inflation?

uhhh....

supply and demand cause inflation

Demand > supply

what do prices do?
You misread. I asked about the 5% price surge. The largest factor in price surges is supply and demand. The op didn’t mention S&D and seems to be blaming it all on inflation.

I just had this conversation around lumber prices recently. Adding trillions to the money supply is de facto inflationary and no amount of new supply will reduce prices back down to what they were 2 years ago

HAHA JK
Highest in 13 years. Prices surge 5%. Largest price surge since right before the 08 recession.
Do you think the 5% price surge has anything to do with supply and demand or is it all inflation?

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?
You misread. I asked about the 5% price surge. The largest factor in price surges is supply and demand. The op didn’t mention S&D and seems to be blaming it all on inflation.

I just had this conversation around lumber prices recently. Adding trillions to the money supply is de facto inflationary and no amount of new supply will reduce prices back down to what they were 2 years ago
You are partially right, but you are not including the primary factor that made the lumber prices rise so quickly. It was not because of the increase money supply, it was due to the fact that we were in a pandemic the economy was shut down and a large percentage of people devoted their time towards home improvement and construction. The demand for wood shot up, supply was short and that’s what caused the prices to rise so drastically.

HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?
Printing up $4 trillion in fake value, with no corresponding increase in real value added, causes inflation.

What do prices do then?

Last edited:
HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Demand is blowing up. The economy is a rocket ship. Get on or out of the way. There will be some price inflation until supply catches up. You’re an idiot if you don’t see the cycle coming. We all owe Biden a big thanks for our housing equity, stock equity, and rising wages. Damn he is one fine President.

HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?

But S&D isn't a mutually exclusive factor, particularly under the present circumstances. To wit, inflation caused by injecting $ trillions in additional currency into the US economy, over a relatively short period of time, has a direct causal effect on strained supply chains and S&D imbalances in certain economic vectors that result in sustained price increases.

In other words, inflation and S&D imbalances can sometimes both manifest as symptoms of the same root cause. Yes, S&D can also be affected by factors unrelated to inflation, but the point is, both of these issues are far too nuanced and complex for one size fits all answers (that's not directed at you).

Last edited:
HAHA JK
We all just got a 5% pay cut. Yay us.
But your taxes didn't go up----until the inflationary spiral raises prices AND sales taxes. New government-mandated min. wage increase? Net less than zero. Government gets more money.

HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?
Printing up $4 trillion in fake value, with no corresponding increase in real value added, causes inflation.

What do prices do then?
How much fake value was lost by the 10,000 point drop in the dow?

Shocking. I predict crickets from our leftist trolls on this forum.
We had inflation after Baby Bush, so why not after Crazy Donnie?

Your post actually makes me feel sorry for you, and generally discouraged about the future of our economy since there are so many like you who seem to be absolutely clueless about basic macroeconomic principles, like inflation and the factors that contribute to it.

HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?

But S&D isn't a mutually exclusive factor, particularly under the present circumstances. To wit, inflation caused by injecting $ trillions in additional currency into the US economy, over a relatively short period of time, has a direct causal effect on strained supply chains and S&D imbalances in certain economic vectors that result in sustained price increases.
Lasting unemployment is a much bigger hit to the economy than a stimulus that keeps it afloat. Without the stimulus we fall into a depression. Even Trumps team knew that which is why trillions came from his admin. You also need to consider the near 10,000 point drop of the Dow don’t you? That’s trillions in value just disappearing, isn’t it?

HAHA JK

uhhh....

Demand > supply

what do prices do?

What do prices do then?

go up up up

HAHA JK

Regular gas went up $.18 overnight at the station where I normally buy. Fortunately I filled up yesterday.

Forum List

Back