Good golly Little Richard RIP

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Another great gone

Little Richard, Founding Father of Rock Who Broke Musical Barriers, Dead at 87

Little Richard, a founding father of rock and roll whose fervent shrieks, flamboyant garb, and joyful, gender-bending persona embodied the spirit and sound of that new art form, died Saturday. He was 87. The musician’s son, Danny Penniman, confirmed the pioneer’s death to Rolling Stone, but said the cause of death was unknown.

Starting with “Tutti Frutti” in 1956, Little Richard cut a series of unstoppable hits – “Long Tall Sally” and “Rip It Up” that same year, “Lucille” in 1957, and “Good Golly Miss Molly” in 1958 – driven by his simple, pumping piano, gospel-influenced vocal exclamations and sexually charged (often gibberish) lyrics. “I heard Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis, and that was it,” Elton John told Rolling Stone in 1973. “I didn’t ever want to be anything else. I’m more of a Little Richard stylist than a Jerry Lee Lewis, I think. Jerry Lee is a very intricate piano player and very skillful, but Little Richard is more of a pounder.”

This is my most favorite song from him.

God bless you and his duet buddy and his family always!!!

Holly (a fan of his duet buddy since 1991)

P.S. I also love watching his Full House TV show appearance.

I'm glad to see that god has room in his tent for bisexuals….

Many strays away..., But the righteous comes back. Like Jonah. He ran from doing God's will. But during his rebellion. He turned a ship full of men who believed in other gods, towards the God of Abraham. Jonah wasn't trying to do God's will, but he wasn't aware that he was doing His will during his rebellion.
But in those days. The way they shown repentance. They wore cheap material that is made from camel hair. And covered themselves in ashes and laid in the dirt. But God has made Richard to become humble through hard times. But the people of Nineveh, humbled themselves by the preaching of Jonah. They didn't have to go through hard times like Richard went through.
And people always thinking that Homosexuality was the only sin that Sodom and Gomorrah was doing. They were killing, raping and basically they were doing everything that God told the Hebrews not to do. And so they were doing the same things that Nineveh was doing. But God forgave them. But Sodom and Gomorrah did not put on sackcloth and laid in the dirt hoping for God to change His mind. They were too arrogant to humble themselves.

Proverbs 3:34 He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.

Isaiah 2:11 The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

I'm glad to see that god has room in his tent for bisexuals….

Many strays away..., But the righteous comes back. Like Jonah. He ran from doing God's will. But during his rebellion. He turned a ship full of men who believed in other gods, towards the God of Abraham. Jonah wasn't trying to do God's will, but he wasn't aware that he was doing His will during his rebellion.
But in those days. The way they shown repentance. They wore cheap material that is made from camel hair. And covered themselves in ashes and laid in the dirt. But God has made Richard to become humble through hard times. But the people of Nineveh, humbled themselves by the preaching of Jonah. They didn't have to go through hard times like Richard went through.
And people always thinking that Homosexuality was the only sin that Sodom and Gomorrah was doing. They were killing, raping and basically they were doing everything that God told the Hebrews not to do. And so they were doing the same things that Nineveh was doing. But God forgave them. But Sodom and Gomorrah did not put on sackcloth and laid in the dirt hoping for God to change His mind. They were too arrogant to humble themselves.

Proverbs 3:34 He mocks proud mockers but shows favor to the humble and oppressed.

Isaiah 2:11 The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Whatever...

Forum List

Back