Good Article on Deep State

Unlike all of the big name Democrats who are career politicians yet made fortunes just for having a job that was supposed to be just to serve the people.
Yep, the Crony Network inside the DC Establishment has to be pulled up by the roots and I think Barr is doing just that.

Right now his is just getting his knuckles down to the root under the weed and will start slowly uprooting it before the election next year, methinks.

With all of this discussion about the fantasies you guys have created (aka the “swamp” and the “deep state”), you’d think that you guys could name the members of these organizations or, more importantly, vote out the critters.

In private industry you have two options: go with the orders and resign. You can tell your boss you don’t like it, but it still gets down to those two options. The word NO is not tolerated and you’ll be out the door if you use it.

“The “deep state”—if we are to use the term—is better defined as consisting of career civil servants, who have growing power in the administrative state but work in the shadows. As government grows, so do the challenges of supervising a bureaucracy swelling in both size and power. Emboldened by employment rules that make it all but impossible to fire career employees, this internal civil “resistance” has proved willing to take ever more outrageous actions against the president and his policies, using the tools of both traditional and social media.

Government-employed resisters received a call to action within weeks of the new administration. Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates became acting attorney general on Mr. Trump’s inauguration and Loretta Lynch’s resignation. A week later, the president signed an executive order restricting travel from seven Middle Eastern and African countries. Ms. Yates instructed Justice Department lawyers not to defend the order in court on the grounds that she was not convinced it was “consistent” with the department’s “responsibilities” or even “lawful.” She decreed: “For as long as I am Acting Attorney General, the Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the Executive Order.”

Mr. Trump fired her that day, but he shouldn’t have had to. Her obligation was to defend the executive order, or to resign if she felt she couldn’t. Nobody elected Sally Yates.

The Yates memo was the first official act of the internal resistance—not only a precedent but a rallying cry. Subordinates fawningly praised her in emails obtained by Judicial Watch. “You are my new hero,” wrote one federal prosecutor. Another department colleague emailed: “Thank you AG Yates. I’ve been in civil/appellate for 30 years and have never seen an administration with such contempt for democratic values and the rule of law.” Andrew Weissmann—a career department lawyer, then head of the Criminal Fraud Division and later on the staff of special counsel Robert Mueller—wrote: “I am so proud. And in awe. Thank you so much.” Ms. Yates set an example to rebels throughout the government: If she can defy the president, why can’t I?

That mentality fed the stream of leaks that has flowed ever since.”

Opinion | Whistleblowers and the Real Deep State

The problem with this OpEd is that in a private company is that the rules can change under new leadership, that is not the case with the government for the most part.

Every government employee takes this oath of Office...“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Notice there is nothing in it about blind obedience to the president, just the Constitution. The actions of the government employees are guided by the rules and regulations put forth by Congress and most do not change with a new president.

They take an oath that they violate on day one. When the CIA embedded a spy in the office of the President to dig dirt on him, that spy knew that he was violating the law, the Constitution, international law, and in fact committing an act of war against the United States. But the desire to overturn the decision of the American People in 2016, to PROVE that the deep state alone runs this country, was more important to this traitor than any oath.

In private industry you have two options: go with the orders and resign. You can tell your boss you don’t like it, but it still gets down to those two options. The word NO is not tolerated and you’ll be out the door if you use it.

“The “deep state”—if we are to use the term—is better defined as consisting of career civil servants, who have growing power in the administrative state but work in the shadows. As government grows, so do the challenges of supervising a bureaucracy swelling in both size and power. Emboldened by employment rules that make it all but impossible to fire career employees, this internal civil “resistance” has proved willing to take ever more outrageous actions against the president and his policies, using the tools of both traditional and social media.

Government-employed resisters received a call to action within weeks of the new administration. Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates became acting attorney general on Mr. Trump’s inauguration and Loretta Lynch’s resignation. A week later, the president signed an executive order restricting travel from seven Middle Eastern and African countries. Ms. Yates instructed Justice Department lawyers not to defend the order in court on the grounds that she was not convinced it was “consistent” with the department’s “responsibilities” or even “lawful.” She decreed: “For as long as I am Acting Attorney General, the Department of Justice will not present arguments in defense of the Executive Order.”

Mr. Trump fired her that day, but he shouldn’t have had to. Her obligation was to defend the executive order, or to resign if she felt she couldn’t. Nobody elected Sally Yates.

The Yates memo was the first official act of the internal resistance—not only a precedent but a rallying cry. Subordinates fawningly praised her in emails obtained by Judicial Watch. “You are my new hero,” wrote one federal prosecutor. Another department colleague emailed: “Thank you AG Yates. I’ve been in civil/appellate for 30 years and have never seen an administration with such contempt for democratic values and the rule of law.” Andrew Weissmann—a career department lawyer, then head of the Criminal Fraud Division and later on the staff of special counsel Robert Mueller—wrote: “I am so proud. And in awe. Thank you so much.” Ms. Yates set an example to rebels throughout the government: If she can defy the president, why can’t I?

The problem with this OpEd is that in a private company is that the rules can change under new leadership, that is not the case with the government for the most part.

Every government employee takes this oath of Office...“I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Notice there is nothing in it about blind obedience to the president, just the Constitution. The actions of the government employees are guided by the rules and regulations put forth by Congress and most do not change with a new president.

Was it unconstitutional when Jimmy Carter banned Iranians from traveling to America?

If only they could have found an Obama Judge....

They take an oath that they violate on day one. When the CIA embedded a spy in the office of the President to dig dirt on him, that spy knew that he was violating the law, the Constitution, international law, and in fact committing an act of war against the United States. But the desire to overturn the decision of the American People in 2016, to PROVE that the deep state alone runs this country, was more important to this traitor than any oath.
But...but...but, DRUMPH! ! ! !

ORANGE MAN BAD! ! ! !

You have a very active imagination

You denying Obama did not have Trump spied upon?

Oh, that’s right! Orwellian Comey Speak! Trump had SURVEILLANCE conducted on him!

By now it should be clear that when someone says "deep state" it is a code word for the rule of law. Taking an oath to defend the constitution has put a lot of people at odds with our president. He's not an absolute monarch no matter how much the right wants him to be. People in the government know that following illegal orders puts you in personal legal jeopardy. Saying they were just following orders did not save the Nazis at the war crimes tribunal and it will not save anyone who has broken the law on behalf of the president.
If you think it’s illegal you report it and if nothing is done you resign.

Deep State is running a coup attempt against a legally elected President.
Why do you think Trump's own White House has seen more turnover than a fast food restaurant? Even the people willing to work for him reach a limit at some point and walk. I'm as conspiracy minded as any political junkie but this "deep state" hogwash has less factual support than UFOs and Bigfoot. There are certainly hidden agendas in the government but they have nothing to fear from Trump, he is advancing their erosion of our constitutional institutions at super speed.
You sure about that?
Infographic: How Does Trump's Turnover Compare to Other Presidents?

By now it should be clear that when someone says "deep state" it is a code word for the rule of law. Taking an oath to defend the constitution has put a lot of people at odds with our president. He's not an absolute monarch no matter how much the right wants him to be. People in the government know that following illegal orders puts you in personal legal jeopardy. Saying they were just following orders did not save the Nazis at the war crimes tribunal and it will not save anyone who has broken the law on behalf of the president.

Why do you think Trump's own White House has seen more turnover than a fast food restaurant? Even the people willing to work for him reach a limit at some point and walk. I'm as conspiracy minded as any political junkie but this "deep state" hogwash has less factual support than UFOs and Bigfoot. There are certainly hidden agendas in the government but they have nothing to fear from Trump, he is advancing their erosion of our constitutional institutions at super speed.
You make my point. DC is infested and every time they show their true colors as in the OP Trump kicks their asses out the door. 99% of the people in DC should be fired.
The real conspiracies are wide open for all to see. Big business writing their own regulations. Crooked politicians using their office for personal gain. Wars for profit. Wall Street manipulation of the economy. There are others but it seems you find them boring and must make up scary stories that concern none of those. Defeating the rule of law would be a huge victory for the boring conspiracies.

You think facts are a product of imagination? :eek:

You clearly are an avid follower of CNN.

Tell me Comrade. the mole that Schiff put in Trump's office, did he take the oath you speak of? If so, why did he violate it?

I heard one of the radical leftist on CNN refer to the 2016 election as "America throwing a temper tantrum," do you see the job of the deep state as one needing to "correct" the actions of the voters?

You make my point. DC is infested and every time they show their true colors as in the OP Trump kicks their asses out the door. 99% of the people in DC should be fired.
The real conspiracies are wide open for all to see. Big business writing their own regulations. Crooked politicians using their office for personal gain. Wars for profit. Wall Street manipulation of the economy. There are others but it seems you find them boring and must make up scary stories that concern none of those. Defeating the rule of law would be a huge victory for the boring conspiracies.
You mean like Obama giving big corporations billions just days before they declare bankruptcy and oh, it turns out the CEO’s are Obama’s pals?

You sure about that?
We have never had this many acting cabinet secretaries, they are not even trying to confirm these rascals in the Senate.

You think facts are a product of imagination? :eek:
You clearly are an avid follower of CNN.
For Dems there is only truthiness as they do not hold to the concept of Objective Truth today.

Facts are merely those data points that fit into their truthy narrative.

You sure about that?
We have never had this many acting cabinet secretaries, they are not even trying to confirm these rascals in the Senate.
This hurts you how?

You sure about that?
Trump was NEVER in politics until now. Is it possible that this is the reason for so much turnover in the first two years and more stabilization in the 3rd? Just asking if it is possible not definite.

You mean like Obama giving big corporations billions just days before they declare bankruptcy and oh, it turns out the CEO’s are Obama’s pals?
Obama was yesterday. Trump is right now. What Obama may or may not have done excuses nothing the Trump administration is doing right now. Right fucking now you deep state myth believing retard.

Lol
The deep state is all high-level federal government employees, Accountable to nobody. Who think they are God and have hatred towards any sort of independence/freedom Of any individual who they cannot control.

Obama was yesterday. Trump is right now. What Obama may or may not have done excuses nothing the Trump administration is doing right now. Right fucking now you deep state myth believing retard.
What is wrong with higher wages, lower unemployment, 3% GDP growth, renegotiated trade deals, NATO members carrying their own fat ass weight and reducing illegal criminal immigration something that needs to be excused anyway?

Forum List

Back