Go Woke, Go Broke- Bed, Bath & Beyond Files For Bankruptcy

never understood why a company would piss off half their customers with this horse shit..liberal business minds
This is the only relevant comment on here that actually gets to the problem.
Everybody else thinks that box stores are dead & that is becoming closer to reality but, in a time when just about everything can be ordered online & delivered to your door, pissing off a giant section of your customer base to virtue signal is malfeasance & very likely broke laws related to fiduciary duties to the shareholders.

Commercial properties are going to crash before long but some stores that haven't gone woke are doing just fine still in their big box stores.
Hobby Lobby rejects the wokester BS & is thriving.
McDonalds virtue signaled after George Floyd died from stupidity & is now closing offices/firing staff but Chick-fil-A is doing great.

Yea sure. It has nothing to do with alienating over half the country by getting involved in unpopular politics.
Just because it might be crowded in your little MAGA/PROUD BOYS/GOP bubble doesn't mean many in the sane world agree with you.

LOL go woke go broke.

How did that pulling MyPillow off the shelves work out?

View attachment 778863

Makes sense. Lyndell has always had the mentality of a little girl.

The theory is that BB&B is filing for bankruptcy because people boycotted "woke" sheets? I doubt it. I think it was bad management combined with the Covid restrictions.
No, they cancelled one of their biggest selling line of products as a virtue signal, pissed off many Americans who agree with Lindell & had trouble even finding stock for their shelves.
They go bankrupt in 2 years.
Totally self inflicted wounds at a time when retail stores were struggling anyway, that's the bad management.

When you create a thread, and you start typing in the name of your thread - ever noticed how the website will show you a list of already existing threads?
You might consider looking at that before opening a thread.

This is the only relevant comment on here that actually gets to the problem.
Everybody else thinks that box stores are dead & that is becoming closer to reality but, in a time when just about everything can be ordered online & delivered to your door, pissing off a giant section of your customer base to virtue signal is malfeasance & very likely broke laws related to fiduciary duties to the shareholders.

Commercial properties are going to crash before long but some stores that haven't gone woke are doing just fine still in their big box stores.
Hobby Lobby rejects the wokester BS & is thriving.
McDonalds virtue signaled after George Floyd died from stupidity & is now closing offices/firing staff but Chick-fil-A is doing great.
why take up causes that are a 50-50 split between customers?....so damned dumb

mcdonalds should stick to making burgers and just stfu

I had not paid much attention to this thread till just now because I had not heard about bed bath and beyond being woke so I figured it was more RW nuttiness. Sure enough, the theory the RWers are espousing here is BBB is going under because of getting rid of the Nutty Pillow guy account? Goodness. I thought it was Amazon and other ecommerce sights that did them in. I am thankful to the RWers on this forum for the enlightenment. Talk about crazy.

Don't ever let the progbots here gaslight you into believing that going woke is good for companies.
They use their typical tricks of cherry picking data or posting something minus the context & big picture.
BB&B dropped Mike Lindell's My Pillow products about 2 years ago & were celebrated by the cancel culture & SJ warriors that have an ends justify the means philosophy driven by really strong feelers & indoctrination.

Now- hello Chapter 11 & liquidation.

I guess those * :rolleyes: 81 million :rolleyes: * totally legit & not-fake-at-all Biden voters weren't enough to keep them open after they took sides in the culture war.

So many examples of go woke, go broke in action.
Bud Light
Disney
US military...

It’s a matter of 5% of the American population who it will be an insult to call animals that support BLM that support cancel culture and now the tide is turning against them. The hope is that we see new companies pro-American companies prop up more and more… that is the way forward.

This is freedom and action. We see the American people boycotting Bud Light, boycotting Disney and it is amazing.

Now the United States military needs to realize something very important …there’s no room for BLM propaganda in the US military. That’s the most important thing is our military , and the sooner they realize this the better.

Yea sure. It has nothing to do with alienating over half the country by getting involved in unpopular politics.

Since it started year before Jan 6th, yes.

Also, not half the nation are MAGA morons like you that base their every move on what their god tells them to do.

Most people did not even know that BB&B sold those shitty pillows.

What we need our new companies that support all American products. They will make a ton of money.

Like a T-shirt company with anti-BLM messages on it or anti-woke messages will make millions.

Make a T-shirt company and have shirts that support traditional American values. The great majority of Americans want nothing to do with BLM, nothing to do with cancel culture nothing to do with wokeness. Of course you know in threads like this none of the far left wingers ever talk about the fact that they quietly support men going into women’s locker rooms..

Allowing men in the women’s locker rooms and bathrooms is a major plank of Black Lives Matter, far left universities and the Democrat party today…. and just notice how the far left the Democrats in the US message board either accept it or they simply don’t acknowledge it because they’re too embarrassed to.

Bed bath and beyond will have Dylan Mulvaney types advertising their products that’s why people aren’t going to bed Bath and beyond that’s why they’re losing the money.

Since it started year before Jan 6th, yes.

Also, not half the nation are MAGA morons like you that base their every move on what their god tells them to do.

Most people did not even know that BB&B sold those shitty pillows.
I did not realize they sold those pillows. nor had I heard BBB was woke. Perhaps not half are MAGA, but I bet over 20% is. Very significant percentage of the population.

I did not realize they sold those pillows. nor had I heard BBB was woke. Perhaps not half are MAGA, but I bet over 20% is. Very significant percentage of the population.

They stopped selling a shitty pillow and to the Trump worshipers that makes them woke

Forum List

Back