GM to sell only 0 emission cars by 2035

We need to start building a bunch of nuclear power plants if fossil fuel is out by 2035.
Where will we put all the waste?

do-you-want-to-become-the-toxic-avenger-because-that-how-you-become-the-toxic-avenger.jpg

We need to start building a bunch of nuclear power plants if fossil fuel is out by 2035.

do-you-want-to-become-the-toxic-avenger-because-that-how-you-become-the-toxic-avenger.jpg
I favor a really deep hole or boosted into the sun until the illusive unicorn genie of fusion is practical.
boosted into the sun? :heehee:

yeah, no thanks. rockets are too unreliable.

image-placeholder-title.jpg

You put that shit in the ground? You pollute all our water, and make it impossible to grow any food. . . try again.

No more Corvettes or Camaros then, eh?

Yea, sure.
2021 model

mustang-mach-e.jpg
Looks cool, but bears no resemblance to a Mustang, at least the two I have had. Camaro's still look very much like bad ass Camaros. Last time I rented on (Hawaii, a convertable, 6 years back) I was only 60, hated getting in and out of it and the amount of expensive electronic was god awful and swore I would never sit another one.

Last edited:

I favor a really deep hole or boosted into the sun until the illusive unicorn genie of fusion is practical.

You put that shit in the ground? You pollute all our water, and make it impossible to grow any food. . . try again.
I understand, but also understand they make nuclear weapons that can withstand impact great than the explosion of Challenger, the fall to earth and extremes of heat of crashes. I cannot remember when the last time there was a nuclear leak transporting wasted across country, but have seen them on the interstate highways of and on for years. It is not an insurmountable engineering problem, in the opinion of this business major.

1611871787535.png

The people in the big cities of 2030 freeze as the 3-5% electrical power from windmills and solar panels is reserved for the areas that produce it or the big shots while the people in the country rely on...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

No more Corvettes or Camaros then, eh?

Yea, sure.
2021 model

mustang-mach-e.jpg
Ugly as sin and is a 4 door really a Mustang?

Sure why not?
Because pony cars are not 4 door sedans. the car has been a 2 door for 55 years why change now. If you dont understand that
you are not a gearhead and would not buy a Mustang in the first place

I drive a muscle car. It's actually listed as a Station Wagon. But it's a Grocery Getter with a really mean attitude. It's a muscle car.

2005-dodge-magnum-rt-photo-5053-s-original.jpg

2005 Dodge Magnum RT

The Magnum is what both the new Charger and the Challenger was adapted from. I think that FCA is blowing it now that the public is, once again, looking for a station wagon vehicle with an attitude. Real fuel mileage from my own vehicle, 15.4 mpg around town and 26+ mpg at highway speed. I can get it all the way down to about 4 mpg if I put my foot in it but there just isn't long enough roads around here to be doing that and way too many cops. Top speed is right around 150 mph. Quarter mile time is right around the low 14s and high 13s depending on if you spin the tires too much off the line. With simple mods, this same car can easily get down into the lower 13s and high 12s. Unlike the Charger, Challenger and 300, the Magnums also has independent rear suspension. For being a 4100 lb car, it handles more like it was closer to 3000lbs. Have I owned faster cars? Sure, I mispent my youth building muscle and pony cars.

Would I trade this for a Mustang? Why would I want less performance, poorer fuel mileage, less comfortable seats, and such a tiny, tiny back seat with a postage stamp for a trunk. Now, maybe if it was one of the early Mustangs I might think about it. I owned a 1965 Mustang 289 that was just a gas to drive but sitting next to it was a built up Barracuda. But those days are gone. Better to have a Grocery Getter with a really bad attitude these days.

I understand, but also understand they make nuclear weapons that can withstand impact great than the explosion of Challenger, the fall to earth and extremes of heat of crashes. I cannot remember when the last time there was a nuclear leak transporting wasted across country, but have seen them on the interstate highways of and on for years. It is not an insurmountable engineering problem, in the opinion of this business major.

Okay, I'll come at it from having a BA in Business and 20+ year AF retiree. Are you out of your Vulcan Mind?

Why? If Renewable Plants can do the job, why do we need Nuclear? All you are doing with Nuclear is kicking the real problems with Nuclear Waste down road.
As of right now, renewable plants can't do the job. Maybe they will by 2035, but I have my doubts.

Why? If Renewable Plants can do the job, why do we need Nuclear? All you are doing with Nuclear is kicking the real problems with Nuclear Waste down road.
As of right now, renewable plants can't do the job. Maybe they will by 2035, but I have my doubts.

Just south of here, they were using power done by primarily Natural Gas. They finally went with another company who uses NG, Solar and Wind out of New Mexico and dropped the cost 20%.

States like NM and Arizona that even Jack Rabbits won't be in. Hell, you won't even find many birds either. Hotter than hell, almost zero rainfall, and zero population for hundreds of miles. And it's flatter than a board. They are just now tapping into that resource. When you go just outside Las Vegas, what do you see? Not a damned thing so we add southern Nevada to that same list. There there is south eastern California. And let's not forget the Texas Panhandle.

For the East, one of the main power sources for Norway is using the Tide to generate electricity. The Tide comes in.electricity is generated. The Tide goes out, electricity is generated. That is a huge untapped resource.

The USA is 25 years behind the greater EU. In time, it's going to catch up with or without your consent.

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.
They plan on building it.
They better start. Closest EV charging port to me is an hour away. And the closest one to that is about an hour and a half away.
It's worse than just the limited number of charging stations. The ones that DO exist may be capable of charging at 90 to 120 amps, but since they so often get installed with government grants, they are typically have very limited service from the breaker. This means you can hang out waiting for a charge that could be charging 3 or 4 times faster. When the government builds infrastructure for EVs, it is like having the government help small businesses with free floppy disk drives. The government is building an obsolete charging infrastructure, so it will have to be built again the right way in the coming years. The government won't even realize that we need the new infrastructure for many years.

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.

But WAIT, corncob! John Fucking Kerry just admitted today that even if the USA went to ZERO emissions, ZERO pollution tomorrow, IT WOULDN"T MAKE A DIFFERENCE to the global CO2 levels or climate change! SO WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT?

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.
Lefty loon Democrat's wet dream is to have us all on horse back and transport our goods by covered wagon. ... :cuckoo:
Sunni Man...are you disagreeing with my post, which is based on a statement from GM or you disagreeing because it is based on fact and not some made up crazy ars lie that FOX news fabricated?

Forum List

Back