Glyphosate Worse Than We Could Imagine

Monsanto has destroyed our bread basket. And nothing can stop them. They spray close to privately owned farms, then test the farmers seed to see if they contain the spray, which they do, then sue the farmer and take his land. In 16 years they have never lost a case. I believe their chemicals are responsible for a wealth of medical problems we face since they took over our food supply.
Agricultural Giant Battles Small Farmers

You think they sue farmers for using glyphosate?

Wow, you're confused.

Not so much:
"The Runyons say they signed no agreements, and if they were contaminated with the genetically modified seed, it blew over from a neighboring farm.
"Pollination occurs, wind drift occurs. There's just no way to keep their products from landing in our fields," David said."
And:
74-year-old Mo Parr is a seed cleaner; he is hired by farmers to separate debris from the seed to be replanted. Monsanto sued him claiming he was "aiding and abetting" farmers, helping them to violate the patent.
"There's no way that I could be held responsible," Parr said. "There's no way that I could look at a soy bean and tell you if it's Round-up Ready."
The company subpoenaed Parr's bank records, without his knowledge, and found his customers. After receiving calls from Monsanto, some of them stopped talking to him."

They are a wicked company and you will eat their roundup. Remember that the next time you serve Quaker oats to your children for breakfast...

Well you should be happy to know they are switching from roundup ready soy to dicamba ready soy

As new studies continue to point to a direct link between the widely-used glyphosate herbicide and various forms of cancer, the agribusiness lobby fights ferociously to ignore or discredit evidence of human and other damage. A second US court jury case just ruled that Monsanto, now a part of the German Bayer AG, must pay $ 81 million in damages to plaintiff Edwin Hardeman who contracted non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer. The ruling and a line-up of another 11,000 pending cases in US courts going after the effects of glyphosate, have hit Bayer AG hard with the company announcing several thousand layoffs as its stock price plunges
Glyphosate Worse Than We Could Imagine | New Eastern Outlook

Bayer's purchase of Monsanto has become a big 'headache' for them.

Gosh you didn't bother to read THIS paper mentioned in your highly misleading article:

Glyphosate Use and Cancer Incidence in the Agricultural Health Study.

Here is the background for the low toxic chemical

Glyphosate

I studied this chemical in College, learning that it has little effect on Humans in its PURE STATE, based on many research and regulatory organizations around the world, the additives put into it can be toxic, but not Glyphosate itself.

Do you know what MSDS is?

Monsanto has destroyed our bread basket. And nothing can stop them. They spray close to privately owned farms, then test the farmers seed to see if they contain the spray, which they do, then sue the farmer and take his land. In 16 years they have never lost a case. I believe their chemicals are responsible for a wealth of medical problems we face since they took over our food supply.
Agricultural Giant Battles Small Farmers

Damn! I love that stuff! How much exposure is too much?
It's safe if you don't expose it to your skin or breathe any of it in aerosol.

Like DDT, it should have been labeled with use warnings years ago.
DDT is relatively harmless in comparison.

Bring back teh DDT! :113:

I understand that...But both can be safely used if care is taken.

Why on earth would you trust that "care is taken"? Because the weeds have become resistant, Monsanto has doubled the amount of chemicals they spray now. Your health is of little concern for Monsanto.

Why on earth would you trust that "care is taken"? Because the weeds have become resistant, Monsanto has doubled the amount of chemicals they spray now. Your health is of little concern for Monsanto.

Shiet, I'm gonna go spray this bullshit around here a triple dose. BRB, this doesn't take long.

Gee another misleading incomplete statement you make.

Yes it is true weeds do become resistant to chemicals that have been applied to get rid of them, but that is mostly due to poor weed management, not the chemical itself, ESPECIALLY Glyphosate since there is so little resistant gene in plants to resist it with. The real problem is the chronic OVER USE of Glyphosate created resistance, that is what needs to be addressed, farmers needs to widen their choices in dealing with unwanted weeds.

I my college days, I was told that ROTATING weed killing chemicals that are in different chemical classes would mostly or totally prevent chemical resistance, since resistance to one chemical would or could be erased by a different chemical, thus dead plants no longer can pass the resistance of a different chemical to the next generation. There is a similar reason why crop and land needs to be rotated, to avoid depletion of elements in the soil, coupled with disease prevention, by selecting a different class of crops that isn't effected by disease of the previous crop.

Glyphosate in its PURE STATE has little effect on human health, gave you the link that showed this, which I learned about in College. It is the additives in the mix is what you need to pay attention to. Do you know what MSDS is?

You are getting a misleading story, because you not aware of the media game being played here.

Last edited:

Yes it is true weeds do become resistant to chemicals that have been applied to get rid of them, but that is mostly due to poor weed management, not the chemical itself, ESPECIALLY Glyphosate since there is so little resistant gene in plants to resist it with. The real problem is the chronic OVER USE of Glyphosate created resistance, that is what needs to be addressed, farmers needs to widen their choices in dealing with unwanted weeds.

I my college days, I was told that ROTATING weed killing chemicals that are in different chemical classes would mostly or totally prevent chemical resistance, since resistance to one chemical would or could be erased by a different chemical, thus dead plants no longer can pass the resistance of a different chemical to the next generation. There is a similar reason why crop and land needs to be rotated, to avoid depletion of elements in the soil, coupled with disease prevention, by selecting a different class of crops that isn't effected by disease of the previous crop.

Glyphosate in its PURE STATE has little effect on human health, gave you the link that showed this, which I learned about in College. It is the additives in the mix is what you need to pay attention to. Do you know what MSDS is?

You are getting a misleading story, because you not aware of the media game being played here.

I'll theorize that it's to promote a spike in the price of eating, with the ultimate goal being starvation and population reduction.

As new studies continue to point to a direct link between the widely-used glyphosate herbicide and various forms of cancer, the agribusiness lobby fights ferociously to ignore or discredit evidence of human and other damage. A second US court jury case just ruled that Monsanto, now a part of the German Bayer AG, must pay $ 81 million in damages to plaintiff Edwin Hardeman who contracted non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cancer. The ruling and a line-up of another 11,000 pending cases in US courts going after the effects of glyphosate, have hit Bayer AG hard with the company announcing several thousand layoffs as its stock price plunges
Glyphosate Worse Than We Could Imagine | New Eastern Outlook

Bayer's purchase of Monsanto has become a big 'headache' for them.
IMHO :bsflag:Its just something else the lower than pond scum ambulance chasing lawyers have drummed up to extort money from industry which works hard to contribute to society instead of feeding off of it like the lawyers do. Don't be a dumbass sucker and try using your brains for a change.

I'll theorize that it's to promote a spike in the price of eating, with the ultimate goal being starvation and population reduction.

This is why people should be growing more food in their own yards, and with better tasting food too. I have already planted the following:

Peas, Beans (Bush), Boston Lettuce, Leaf Lettuce.

Will plant today the following:

Carrots, Cabbage, Lima Beans and Tomatoes (using mini greenhouse jugs)

Will plant soon:

Water Melons, Musk Melons, Pole Beans.

People need to stop covering their entire open space with lawns, why not have some of it for a garden instead?

vinegar-weed-killer.jpg

Gee, it is just like I said. This isn't a story. It is many stories, many tests and many lawsuits.
I know that Glyphosate is used in conjunction with a variety of other chemicals necessary to get the job done.
Rotating would indeed help solve the problem. Most don't rotate, or fallow. Instead they just double down and coat the plants and ground with more chemicals additives.

So, you think we need to pay attention to the OTHER chemicals that accompany glyphosate. Correct? Tell me what other chemicals are in RoundUp. Then tell the organizations that can't tell us the dangers of the chemical compounds in RoundUp, because Monsanto is not required to list the chemicals they are using.

tommy, Please tell these people what Monsanto has released to you concerning their additives.

But internal agency documents, released in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, indicate that as recently as last year, the agency had holes in its data files when it comes to the actual Roundup formulations used by consumers, farmers and others around the world. The documents also raise questions about how and why regulators for years have failed to require robust testing on what is the world’s most widely used weed killer.

The EPA documents show that only a little more than a year ago, in March and April of 2016, EPA officials were scrambling to gather data on ingredients Monsanto has commonly used to formulate its herbicide products. Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Roundup brands as well as hundreds of other herbicides, and the agency has a deep database of studies submitted by Monsanto regarding that specific chemical. But in the EPA records from 2016, the agency is seen urgently asking Monsanto for any studies it could provide analyzing the safety of its fully formulated products and seeking to understand the make-up of formulations used for decades. Even though Monsanto has been selling Roundup herbicides for more than 40 years, the internal agency documents indicate the agency had only sparse information about those formulations.

Now let's deal with the reality of the situation. As if one shot of RoundUp a day isn't enough for your children:

This “perfect storm” of accelerating factors has quickly turned the Roundup resistance problem into a superweed crisis. And because many farmers can no longer rely on glyphosate alone, overall herbicide use in the United States—which Roundup was supposed to help reducehas instead gone up.

Industry doubles down
The pesticide and seed industry has responded to the superweed crisis with a predictable refrain: let's do it again. A new generation of herbicide-resistant crops is awaiting USDA approval, engineered to tolerate older herbicides, such as 2,4-D and dicamba, in addition to glyphosate.

What's wrong with that?

• 2,4-D and dicamba belong to a chemical class that has been associated with increased rates of diseases, including non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
  • They are highly toxic to broadleaf crops, including many of the most common fruit and vegetable crops.
  • They are more prone to volatilization (air dispersal) than glyphosate, so their increased use is likely to harm neighboring farms and uncultivated areas.
  • So, Are ya keeping track of the additives yet?
  • I farm, you dumb ass. My neighbors farm. Tell me more about everything you know about farming and weed controlling additives...

Last edited:
Hmm, glad I don't use Monsanto Glyphosphate. :04:

I spray about 3-4x a year. Both times 1 initial, and then a followup to catch the stragglage.

Gee, it is just like I said. This isn't a story. It is many stories, many tests and many lawsuits.
I know that Glyphosate is used in conjunction with a variety of other chemicals necessary to get the job done.
Rotating would indeed help solve the problem. Most don't rotate, or fallow. Instead they just double down and coat the plants and ground with more chemicals additives.

So, you think we need to pay attention to the OTHER chemicals that accompany glyphosate. Correct? Tell me what other chemicals are in RoundUp. Then tell the organizations that can't tell us the dangers of the chemical compounds in RoundUp, because Monsanto is not required to list the chemicals they are using.

tommy, Please tell these people what Monsanto has released to you concerning their additives.

But internal agency documents, released in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit, indicate that as recently as last year, the agency had holes in its data files when it comes to the actual Roundup formulations used by consumers, farmers and others around the world. The documents also raise questions about how and why regulators for years have failed to require robust testing on what is the world’s most widely used weed killer.

The EPA documents show that only a little more than a year ago, in March and April of 2016, EPA officials were scrambling to gather data on ingredients Monsanto has commonly used to formulate its herbicide products. Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Roundup brands as well as hundreds of other herbicides, and the agency has a deep database of studies submitted by Monsanto regarding that specific chemical. But in the EPA records from 2016, the agency is seen urgently asking Monsanto for any studies it could provide analyzing the safety of its fully formulated products and seeking to understand the make-up of formulations used for decades. Even though Monsanto has been selling Roundup herbicides for more than 40 years, the internal agency documents indicate the agency had only sparse information about those formulations.

Now let's deal with the reality of the situation. As if one shot of RoundUp a day isn't enough for your children:

This “perfect storm” of accelerating factors has quickly turned the Roundup resistance problem into a superweed crisis. And because many farmers can no longer rely on glyphosate alone, overall herbicide use in the United States—which Roundup was supposed to help reducehas instead gone up.

Industry doubles down
The pesticide and seed industry has responded to the superweed crisis with a predictable refrain: let's do it again. A new generation of herbicide-resistant crops is awaiting USDA approval, engineered to tolerate older herbicides, such as 2,4-D and dicamba, in addition to glyphosate.

What's wrong with that?

• 2,4-D and dicamba belong to a chemical class that has been associated with increased rates of diseases, including non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
  • They are highly toxic to broadleaf crops, including many of the most common fruit and vegetable crops.
  • They are more prone to volatilization (air dispersal) than glyphosate, so their increased use is likely to harm neighboring farms and uncultivated areas.
  • I farm, you dumb ass. My neighbors farm. Tell me more about everything you know about farming and weed controlling additives...

I farm, you dumb ass. My neighbors farm.

Don't steal RoundUp Ready seeds.

Industry doubles down

What's wrong with that?

Not even a volunteer from last year. Because that is how eager they are to own someone else's farm... Only one farm down here uses their soy seed and they aren't close enough to worry about. And, we don't grow their crops.

Industry doubles down

What's wrong with that?

Not even a volunteer from last year. Because that is how eager they are to own someone else's farm... Only one farm down here uses their soy seed and they aren't close enough to worry about. And, we don't grow their crops.

Good for your.
So why are you whining so much about them?

Tell me again about Monsanto spraying Roundup so it hits your field and then suing you if your crop survives.
Tell me how again how many acres Monsanto steals every year by doing that.
You should tell your neighbors to stop letting those Monsanto guys spray their fields.

Unless you were lying?

Forum List

Back