Global Warming? Where?

Then what's the definition of temperature? ... and why is that a problem? ...
It's not a problem. I never said it was (it's another of your lies). You trying to test me with stupid questions is.

Here, from Encyclopedia Britannica

Temperature, measure of hotness or coldness expressed in terms of any of several arbitrary scales and indicating the direction in which heat energy will spontaneously flow—i.e., from a hotter body (one at a higher temperature) to a colder body (one at a lower temperature). Temperature is not the equivalent of the energy of a thermodynamic system; e.g., a burning match is at a much higher temperature than an iceberg, but the total heat energy contained in an iceberg is much greater than the energy contained in a match. Temperature, similar to pressure or density, is called an intensive property—one that is independent of the quantity of matter being considered—as distinguished from extensive properties, such as mass or volume.

temperature scales
temperature scales
Three temperature scales are in general use today. The Fahrenheit (°F) temperature scale is used in the United States and a few other English-speaking countries. The Celsius (°C) temperature scale is standard in virtually all countries that have adopted the metric system of measurement, and it is widely used in the sciences. The Kelvin (K) scale, an absolute temperature scale (obtained by shifting the Celsius scale by −273.15° so that absolute zero coincides with 0 K), is recognized as the international standard for scientific temperature measurement.

Iceland, Glacier lagoon (Jokulsarlon)
Britannica Quiz
Winter Weather Words Quiz

In certain fields of engineering, another absolute temperature scale, the Rankine scale (see William Rankine), is preferred over the Kelvin scale. Its unit of measure—the degree Rankine (°R)—equals the Fahrenheit degree, as the kelvin equals one Celsius degree.

The Réaumur (°Re) temperature scale (or octogesimal division) was widely used in parts of Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries; it later was used primarily to measure the temperature of mixtures during brewing, of syrups in the production of certain food products, and of milk during cheese making.

Feel better now?

View attachment 846901

It looks to me as if temperatures fell in (by my count) 60 different years in the previous 140. Yet global temperatures have risen.

Less than 1 degree in 140 years.
We're doomed.

Just wait, I'll ask a certified climate scientist for you and then we'll both know!

Or should we just be happy with what you' and our weatherman have already pulled out of your own ass?
We don’t needs facts or proof or evidence, we have consensus!!!!!!!

We don’t needs facts or proof or evidence, we have consensus!!!!!!!
As you've been told on many occasions, there are no proofs in the natural sciences but do you believe that climate scientists are unqualified to judge facts or evidence about climate?

I'm going to say "no".​

Do you believe that YOU are more qualified to make such judgement than are they, en masse?

I'm again going to say "no"​

Why then do you advocate that we reject their experience, intelligence and judgement and replace it with yours?

Less than 1 degree in 140 years.
We're doomed.
The cumulative global cooling will get us fer shure.
Escalator_2022_med.gif

... Temperature, measure of hotness or coldness

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ... boy that's scientific ... just what I'd expect from someone who doesn't understand thermodynamics ... copy/pasting from Britannica ... that's rich ...

First off, you've given the definition of the measurement of temperature, not the definition of temperature itself ... much like a second is a measure of time, it isn't time itself ... you won't see, too blind in your pride to be woke ...

Of course, you completely avoided the second part of the question ... why is the correct answer to the first question ... in fact ... wrong ...

This is why you can't discuss the physics ... you can't even look up a single word without getting lost ... if you don't know what temperature is, then how do you expect to understand SB ...

Natural gas keeps us warm in the winter.
The fossil fuel supplies can't keep up with the increasing cold spells. After all, the data doesn't lie.

Besides, burning even more natural gas will just make it get colder faster.

Last edited:
First off, you've given the definition of the measurement of temperature, not the definition of temperature itself
You mean like a dictionary definition of temperature?

temperature noun 1 (abbreviation t or temp.) the degree of hotness or coldness of an object, body or medium, eg air or water, as measured by a thermometer. 2 colloq a body temperature above normal (37°C or 98.6°F), regarded as an indicator of ill health if it is significantly higher than normal • He was sick and had a temperature. See also fever.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c in sense 1; 16c in obsolete sense 'mixture': from Latin temperatura proportion.

You mean like a dictionary definition of temperature?

temperature noun 1 (abbreviation t or temp.) the degree of hotness or coldness of an object, body or medium, eg air or water, as measured by a thermometer. 2 colloq a body temperature above normal (37°C or 98.6°F), regarded as an indicator of ill health if it is significantly higher than normal • He was sick and had a temperature. See also fever.
ETYMOLOGY: 17c in sense 1; 16c in obsolete sense 'mixture': from Latin temperatura proportion.
Your problem is that 1) You ask this question (over and over again) for no other purpose than to make yourself look smarter than you are and 2) you don't seem to know the definition of "definition"

Last edited:
  • Fact
Reactions: cnm
If the subject is physics ... then we use the definition of temperature used by physics ... and this is given in a physics textbook ... don't say you understand SB if you don't know the textbook definition of temperature ...

The logarithmic relationship confirms my claims just as well ... lots and lots and lots of carbon dioxide to change temperatures a tiny tiny little bit ... not paying for Hamas rockets is a better reason to not use oil ...

Don't forget to use kelvins ...

If the subject is physics ... then we use the definition of temperature used by physics ... and this is given in a physics textbook ... don't say you understand SB if you don't know the textbook definition of temperature ...

The logarithmic relationship confirms my claims just as well ... lots and lots and lots of carbon dioxide to change temperatures a tiny tiny little bit ... not paying for Hamas rockets is a better reason to not use oil ...

Don't forget to use kelvins ...
As I stated earlier, the logarithmic relationship is the basis for ECS and TCR values. Doubling CO2 will increase global temperatures roughly 3C, as stated.

Mainstream science is not suppressing or hiding the actual relationship between CO2 and temperature. You've done nothing to weaken the projections and observations in AR6. Your argument is for the fools like the fellow the other day who seemed to think the mainstream position was that doubling CO2 would double temperature. Is that what you thought science was pushing?

Forum List

Back