Global stock markets crash as US trade war with China escalates

Then do not buy them. Do you own a cellphone? A computer? A tablet?
Is there a reason we have to get them from there?
That's where they are made.
So they always must be made there? Nobody else can do it.
Others can, very few do.
Shockingly you don't understand why.
Are you fucking stupid or what? We've haven't discussed any of that yet, you have no idea what I know or don't, just like I have none about your knowledge on the subject.

Now, you wanna keep acting like a stereotypical conservitard or you wanna have a discussion?

Trump’s negotiating tactic as a businessman was to take it to the brink and hope that the other side crumbled.

He became richer doing this but also went bankrupt six times.

This is the tactic he’s using with China.

Trump’s negotiating tactic as a businessman was to take it to the brink and hope that the other side crumbled.

Not sure the bankrupt tactic will work as well for the country as it did his company.

Does this mean we will now have to pay more for all that stuff at Walmart?

Nope but it does mean that China stopped all Ag imports from the US. What do you suppose that will do for our farmers that are already getting fucked?

find other markets

What other markets are there that we are not already selling to? what other market has more than 1 billion customers?

Beef sales to Japan dwarf beef sales to China. China is like number 12 on the export list but you wont hear about that on CNN. I bet we could adjust sales with each of the 11 countries who were ahead of China to make up for some of the loss

Not sure the bankrupt tactic will work as well for the country as it did his company.

It’s important to note that after the sixth time, Trump changes tactics. Rather than developing the buildings himself, he began licensing his name for others to put on their buildings. It was an intelligent thing to do. But for the most part, it had little to do with his negotiating ability.

Nope but it does mean that China stopped all Ag imports from the US. What do you suppose that will do for our farmers that are already getting fucked?

find other markets

What other markets are there that we are not already selling to? what other market has more than 1 billion customers?

Beef sales to Japan dwarf beef sales to China. China is like number 12 on the export list but you wont hear about that on CNN. I bet we could adjust sales with each of the 11 countries who were ahead of China to make up for some of the loss

Beef is not one of the main areas. Hogs and soy beans are the two biggest hit, but there are also a lot of smaller crops like cherries and almonds

It’s important to note that after the sixth time, Trump changes tactics. Rather than developing the buildings himself, he began licensing his name for others to put on their buildings. It was an intelligent thing to do. But for the most part, it had little to do with his negotiating ability.

You are correct, Trump Inc did not really start to thrive till he became a holding company and licensing his name, basically once he quit making day to day business decisions.

So the entire nation needs to be fucked over some farmers? They already have a shit load of government funding. What more do they need?

I'm in a farm and ranch part of the country. Why don't people have to pay the going price for their food? Wouldn't that help consumers more/ Do we need them paid by the government?

China will let half of their population starve before importing anything. They've done it before.

So what do we surrender to? Cheap goods and money manipulation or becoming more market based at the grocery store?

Yep, we are being fucked over so badly.

Nothing shows being fucked over like 121 straight months of economic expansion.

More than 100 months straight of positive job growth is a sure sign of being fucked over.

An unemployment rate of less than 4% is the dictionary definition of being fucked over.

You people are such drama queens.
It sounds like we have the upper hand.

Explain how those things equate to being fucked in the ass.
So, we should stay the course?

find other markets

Where do you propose we go to make up for the loss of this market...
upload_2019-8-5_20-8-32.png

So the entire nation needs to be fucked over some farmers? They already have a shit load of government funding. What more do they need?

I'm in a farm and ranch part of the country. Why don't people have to pay the going price for their food? Wouldn't that help consumers more/ Do we need them paid by the government?

China will let half of their population starve before importing anything. They've done it before.

So what do we surrender to? Cheap goods and money manipulation or becoming more market based at the grocery store?

More than 100 months straight of positive job growth is a sure sign of being fucked over.

An unemployment rate of less than 4% is the dictionary definition of being fucked over.

I think staying the course on 121 straight months of economic expansion seems a good course...what about you.

Are you ok with staying the course on positive job growth each month or would you like that to end?

How about the sustained low UE rate, should we stay the course on that or let it go back up?

Let me ask you this, what is "winning" in this war in your opinion? What does Trump have to get from China for you to be happy with the outcome?

find other markets

View attachment 273007

Well, no doubt there will be some immediate loss and a time for adjustment but the good thing about farming is you don't need to solely grow one crop. But my guess would be with the huge population of Indonesia that would probably be the place to pick up the slack. Just because we havnt been selling as much to them directly so far doesnt mean it cant change or maybe we will have to drop prices to cooerce other buyers and How do we know China was not reselling some of the product as well to neighbors? It's still kind of early to panic

find other markets

View attachment 273007

Well, no doubt there will be some immediate loss and a time for adjustment but the good thing about farming is you don't need to solely grow one crop. But my guess would be with the huge population of Indonesia that would probably be the place to pick up the slack. Just because we havnt been selling as much to them directly so far doesnt mean it cant change or maybe we will have to drop prices to cooerce other buyers and How do we know China was not reselling some of the product as well to neighbors? It's still kind of early to panic

I work with farmers each day in the mid-west, they are the grain farmers for the most part. I can tell you that a lot of them are panicking and the only thing that kept some from going under already is the extra money that Trump is giving them to offset the harm from the trade war.

Most smaller farms are truly one bad season way from bankruptcy.

I think staying the course on 121 straight months of economic expansion seems a good course...what about you.

Are you ok with staying the course on positive job growth each month or would you like that to end?

How about the sustained low UE rate, should we stay the course on that or let it go back up?

Let me ask you this, what is "winning" in this war in your opinion? What does Trump have to get from China for you to be happy with the outcome?
Perhaps creating millions more low paying jobs is not the best way to go.

Perhaps creating millions more low paying jobs is not the best way to go.

Who is doing that?

Trump is going to crash our economy just like he crashed every business he has been involved in. He’s a failed businessman with 6 bankruptcies. And his imbecile supporters are going to be hit the hardest.

The entire midwest has been flooded this year so any crop exports next year were going to be minimal at best. Trump and hong kong are smacking communist xi down.
That's true. So the cost of those foods should have gone up.

Actually it is not true, the amount of land flooded is not that great and the flooding is gone. There might be a tad less corn planted because of it, but there will be more soy beans, which is what China was buying.

Actually, it is true. Only 29 percent of soy is in the ground. The effects will be realized next year.

The entire midwest has been flooded this year so any crop exports next year were going to be minimal at best. Trump and hong kong are smacking communist xi down.

Actually it is not true, the amount of land flooded is not that great and the flooding is gone. There might be a tad less corn planted because of it, but there will be more soy beans, which is what China was buying.

Actually, it is true. Only 29 percent of soy is in the ground. The effects will be realized next year.

Do you enjoy being wrong?

https://release.nass.usda.gov/reports/prog3219.pdf

Nationwide we are at 57% blooming, NASS has already quit reporting planted as the number was above 97%.

upload_2019-8-5_21-2-36.png

On June the 30th the country was at 92% planted.

upload_2019-8-5_21-3-52.png

Nationwide we are at 57% blooming, NASS has already quit reporting planted as the number was above 97%.

View attachment 273018

View attachment 273019

Thanks, thats good news. I was looking at the june reports. I hope they can get good yields this year.

View attachment 273018

View attachment 273019

Thanks, thats good news. I was looking at the june reports. I hope they can get good yields this year.

Yeah, they were way behind in June, that is for sure.

The weather since July has been pretty favorable so it is looking promising for yields.

Forum List

Back