Giuliani Co-Operating with Jack Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Orange Jumpsuit Jesus is going to prison. Lock him up! Lock him up!

HERE’S WHY I THINK that Giuliani is indeed seeking to cooperate.​

First, however nonsensical Giuliani’s past thinking and public utterances have been, facing prosecution tends to focus the mind. Giuliani likely sees his freedom at risk because he was so central to Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election before January 6th.​

Among other things, after the 2020 election, Giuliani, along with Trump himself, pressured Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers to help reverse the certification of Joe Biden’s election, though Giuliani admitted not having evidence to justify such a move. Giuliani also reportedly led the Trump “fake electors” campaign, which aimed to send Congress phony slates of electors from battleground states to provide a pretext for then-Vice President Mike Pence to reject or delay certification of President Joe Biden’s election.​

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that in the proffer session, “Mr. Smith asked Mr. Giuliani about [the] plan to create fake slates” of electors. Giuliani was also reportedly asked about his role with Steve Bannon, Trump lawyer John Eastman, and others at a command center at the Willard Hotel near the White House on January 6th itself.​

It’s looking more and more likely that the only way Trump stays out of prison is if he wins the election and pardons himself!

First, however nonsensical Giuliani’s past thinking and public utterances have been, facing prosecution tends to focus the mind. Giuliani likely sees his freedom at risk because he was so central to Trump’s attempt to overturn the 2020 election before January 6th.​

Among other things, after the 2020 election, Giuliani, along with Trump himself, pressured Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers to help reverse the certification of Joe Biden’s election, though Giuliani admitted not having evidence to justify such a move. Giuliani also reportedly led the Trump “fake electors” campaign, which aimed to send Congress phony slates of electors from battleground states to provide a pretext for then-Vice President Mike Pence to reject or delay certification of President Joe Biden’s election.​

The New York Times reported on Wednesday that in the proffer session, “Mr. Smith asked Mr. Giuliani about [the] plan to create fake slates” of electors. Giuliani was also reportedly asked about his role with Steve Bannon, Trump lawyer John Eastman, and others at a command center at the Willard Hotel near the White House on January 6th itself.​

It’s looking more and more likely that the only way Trump stays out of prison is if he wins the election and pardons himself!
The way things are going, we may end up seeing line of Trump's associates outside Smith's office.

Insurrection committee witnesses were virtually all Republicans. Same thing for Mar A Lago witnesses. I sense a trend.

Irrelevant if Trump wins.

I dunno Toro?

I think his safest bet is another republican winning the presidency, pardoning Trump for his crimes.

The self pardon has not been tested yet and I have my doubts it would be accepted.

The president can grant a pardon to someone who committed federal crimes..... This grant, is the President's judgement of the person and whether the president grants the gift of forgiveness to him for this recipient's crimes.... A gift, A grant....

That being said,

No man shall be a judge in his own case, in his own cause..... which is standard operating procedure, more or less,

He can't judge forgiveness and grant a pardon for his own cause... Is my best guess....

This would prohibit the President from granting himself a pardon in his own case...

The other issue is that we believe no one, is above the law.... We elect a president, not a King.

If the president can grant himself a pardon then it sets up pure lawlessness, where a president can commit felonies throughout his term, then pardon himself on the last day in office.

If the president can grant himself a pardon then it sets up pure lawlessness, where a president can commit felonies throughout his term, then pardon himself on the last day in office.
You mean like Tater has been doing with his unconstitutional edicts and LLCs?

As for Giuliani it's just another example why we right-leaners should move-on from Trump, he surrounded himself with the worst possible people.....Kraken indeed.

The way things are going, we may end up seeing line of Trump's associates outside Smith's office.

Insurrection committee witnesses were virtually all Republicans. Same thing for Mar A Lago witnesses. I sense a trend.
Yeah. This is just like any other predominantly communist country.
They use the courts to attack their political opposition.
There's rules for thee...but not for me.

I'm waiting for Biden to send the FBI on raids against Justices Alito, Thomas, and anyone else who doesn't vote his way on constitutional issues.

As for Giuliani it's just another example why we right-leaners should move-on from Trump, he surrounded himself with the worst possible people.....Kraken indeed.
Has he pardoned himself?

Trump isn't going to prison.

Jesus. If I had a nickel for every time you guys said someone is cooperating against Trump.

Hive mind alternate reality- Giuliani has turned on DT & will help put him in prison! We got him for sure now!

In the real world, the progbots are Charlie Brown

charliebrown.gif

Hopefully he comes to some plea agreement for this case, but I do not believe for the other two pending cases coming, (Self coup, and Georgia's) that he will be able to skirt prison time if found guilty....unless pardoned.

As opposed to Paul Ryan et al? The problen with politicians or any government entitiy is if they aren't held to any standard of accountability, they won't be. No one even asks "what did this politician do to improve my life or country"? People just ask, "does this guy feign a lifestyke like mine though I know he is full of it?". We fool ourselves over and over.

Hopefully he comes to some plea agreement for this case, but I do not believe for the other two pending cases coming, that he will be able to skirt prison time if found guilty....unless pardoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back