Ghost Guns

If your firearm comes under a criminal investigation proof of purchase more than likely be required. Such as stolen and ussd in a crime.

See, here's the thing: I don;t need to keep receipts. Period. If one of my guns came under a criminal investigation it would be the responsibility of someone else to prove that I didn't build the gun. Not having receipts for parts is hardly a compelling basis on which to prosecute someone...

I hate to say it they are also illegal.
I think that law is a bit ambiguous. It permits an unlicensed individual to make a firearm for personal use, but not for sale or distribution. If the weapon was manufactured from parts that were purchased by the end user, would that be a collaborative effort? And how would the actual manufacturer be determined. Also, it is not illegal to gift a home made or any other weapon to a non prohibited person within your home state. The ambiguity arises in the phrase "for sale or distribution." If I have a weapon that I made for personal use and at some future time I decide to sell or gift it--was that weapon made for sale or distribution? IDK, more gun control laws that weren't clearly thought out.

I think that law is a bit ambiguous. It permits an unlicensed individual to make a firearm for personal use, but not for sale or distribution. If the weapon was manufactured from parts that were purchased by the end user, would that be a collaborative effort? And how would the actual manufacturer be determined. Also, it is not illegal to gift a home made or any other weapon to a non prohibited person within your home state. The ambiguity arises in the phrase "for sale or distribution." If I have a weapon that I made for personal use and at some future time I decide to sell or gift it--was that weapon made for sale or distribution? IDK, more gun control laws that weren't clearly thought out.
No the law is quit clear which I pointed out. You cannot build a firearm and sell or give it to someone else. It must remain in your possession. Unless you have a licence to sell and manufacture firearms.

No the law is quit clear which I pointed out. You cannot build a firearm and sell or give it to someone else. It must remain in your possession. Unless you have a licence to sell and manufacture firearms.
I think they would be hard pressed to enforce this law. It is anything but clear. It is clearly unenforceable as I indicated with the scenario of buying the parts to mfr. a gun and my knowledgeable neighbor assembling them for me. There is no way on earth that the authorities can prove who actually assembled the parts.

Forum List

Back