Geothermal Technology

Silly ass, Elektra, that type of geothermal works very well, and is used all over the world. You simply don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.
hey, dumbass, first and foremost, HEAT PUMPS are not geothermal. But, Geothermal is so weak, so ineffective, and renewable clean green energy is such a failure, they must include something to make it seem like it works!

Geothermal heat pump - Wikipedia

geo.jpg

use_me_Geo_Loops_4_square_2.jpg
wikipedia, nice job, we can always turn to the liberal websites to dictate what is and what is not in the world

Silly ass, Elektra, that type of geothermal works very well, and is used all over the world. You simply don't have the slightest idea of what you are talking about.
A great example is Iceland. Most of the power is geothermal.
72% of the electricity comes from Hydropower. Geothermal mostly used for heat. The majority of the Geothermal energy used in Iceland has no relation to the OP of this thread.

Geothermal Power in Iceland is not Heat Pumps. Heat pumps may be used in rural areas, but the majority of the heat is from Geothermal sources

Last edited:
hey, dumbass, first and foremost, HEAT PUMPS are not geothermal. But, Geothermal is so weak, so ineffective, and renewable clean green energy is such a failure, they must include something to make it seem like it works!

geo.jpg

wikipedia, nice job, we can always turn to the liberal websites to dictate what is and what is not in the world

You should tell the major air conditioner manufacturers that ground source heat pumps don't exist. They have been selling them for decades.
Geothermal Heat Pumps | Carrier Residential
upload_2017-11-25_11-29-50.png

geo.jpg

You should tell the major air conditioner manufacturers that ground source heat pumps don't exist. They have been selling them for decades.
View attachment 162604
great, I will have to do that, and in the mean time, you should go 100% Heat Pump, to run your computer, you stove, everything, even your lighting. At the same time you could also burn you garbage, that is actually called Renewable as well. Between burning garbage and using a heat pump, you have no need for anything else.

geo.jpg

View attachment 162604
great, I will have to do that, and in the mean time, you should go 100% Heat Pump, to run your computer, you stove, everything, even your lighting. At the same time you could also burn you garbage, that is actually called Renewable as well. Between burning garbage and using a heat pump, you have no need for anything else.

It's still a little expensive for me to do that just yet, but those systems do exist. With the efforts being put into development, it won't be too long before they will be financially viable.Is that something else that fox forgot to tell you about?
http://www.oit.edu/docs/default-sou...y-bulletin/vol-20/20-2/20-2-art2.pdf?sfvrsn=4

It's still a little expensive for me to do that just yet, but those systems do exist. With the efforts being put into development, it won't be too long before they will be financially viable.Is that something else that fox forgot to tell you about?
http://www.oit.edu/docs/default-sou...y-bulletin/vol-20/20-2/20-2-art2.pdf?sfvrsn=4
expensive, do tell?

Simple heating and cooling from the geothermal heat pumps is easily affordable,but to supply the electricity is available but expensive. Think of it like the flat screen TVs were a few years back. The first ones were many thousands of dollars, but now you can get one for around 100 bucks. Expect the same price drop for geothermal supplied electricity. . .

Geothermal has been in use in Iceland for some time and is quite successful. I guess it only works in certain locations.

Currently that is true. Geothermal IMO will be the next great green energy system to be developed after hydroelectric. Solar will always have a place but I truly hope they get rid of those ridiculous windmills. The major problem with geothermal power generating systems at the moment is the extremely caustic fluids that are part and parcel of geothermal sites. They will eat a stainless steel pipe in only a few months in many cases, the maintenance on those plants is a problem at the moment. Beat that issue and geothermal will take off.

expensive, do tell?

Simple heating and cooling from the geothermal heat pumps is easily affordable,but to supply the electricity is available but expensive. Think of it like the flat screen TVs were a few years back. The first ones were many thousands of dollars, but now you can get one for around 100 bucks. Expect the same price drop for geothermal supplied electricity. . .
Think of geothermal as being, 200 years old? 2000 years old. Think of there is big difference in the earth, the area you are thinking of is dirt, nothing more. Flat Screen TV's compared to dirt, I think TV's will improve but dirt will always be dirt. Seriously.

Currently that is true. Geothermal IMO will be the next great green energy system to be developed after hydroelectric. Solar will always have a place but I truly hope they get rid of those ridiculous windmills. The major problem with geothermal power generating systems at the moment is the extremely caustic fluids that are part and parcel of geothermal sites. They will eat a stainless steel pipe in only a few months in many cases, the maintenance on those plants is a problem at the moment. Beat that issue and geothermal will take off.
Geothermal, same as taking the lid off a tea kettle, no different. Every single geothermal source is no different. Geysers in California, they pump water into the ground to replenish the steam, water (as in what california is short of). Calipatria, which is certainly thee richest geothermal source in the USA, constantly drilling for new sources, constantly. Open a geothermal well and they begin their death, they let off the steam, no different then a tea kettle. Hardly technology.

Problem with geothermal in The U.S. is that the sources of really hot water are not close enough to areas of high electrical usage and transmission lines are both expensive and relatively inefficient over long distances. I have long worked with a location that heats buildings with water taken directly from the ground and grows abundant crops in soil heated by that hot water circulating in buried plastic pipes. But no generation of electricity as the water is not hot enough to run anything conventional without being raised further. Solar helps some of the time. With enough technology the water could be used at the stable temperature but that technology is currently too expensive and the nearest location that could buy any of it is nearly 100 miles away and with a population of less than 5,000.

Stirling engine - Wikipedia

??? maybe economical enough to one day work for the site noted above on a local basis - but not for transmission

Problem with geothermal in The U.S. is that the sources of really hot water are not close enough to areas of high electrical usage and transmission lines are both expensive and relatively inefficient over long distances. I have long worked with a location that heats buildings with water taken directly from the ground and grows abundant crops in soil heated by that hot water circulating in buried plastic pipes. But no generation of electricity as the water is not hot enough to run anything conventional without being raised further. Solar helps some of the time. With enough technology the water could be used at the stable temperature but that technology is currently too expensive and the nearest location that could buy any of it is nearly 100 miles away and with a population of less than 5,000.

Stirling engine - Wikipedia

??? maybe economical enough to one day work for the site noted above on a local basis - but not for transmission
Here in Oregon, we have several large basins with hot water geothermal, 180-200 F, that are have ridges east and west of the basins with very high wind potential. And most of that area gets 250 to 300 days of sunshine a year. Most of the area is BLM, and the basalt ridges are mostly bare rock. Very little ecological disturbance from wind mills and PV solar on the ridges, with warm water generators in the basins, using the warm water after is used to heat the operating fluid in the generators, for greenhouses before it is pumped back into the ground.

All it needs is a grid. The government could put that in, the same way they did the Interstate Highway system, and charge so much per kw for the electricity that the grid carries. Huge market just south of us.

So Iceland has no energy today from geothermal, correct? LOL
Geothermal is great. Imagine what a tactical advantage it would be if your army can just punch through the earths crust anywhere it is advancing and refuel that way, instead of having to import gasoline and transport it through vulnerable supply lines. Geothermal certainly deserves more investment. Especially the drilling part.
As if Oil companies have not researched and developed the best, quickest, drilling techniques in the world. Geothermal is drilled for, no different than if you drill for oil.

Forum List

Back