George Santos Charged With 10-Additional Crimes In Updated Indictment.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
NEW YORK — Federal prosecutors in Brooklyn on Tuesday unveiled an updated indictment of Rep. George Santos, adding 10 new federal charges and bringing the total counts faced by the Long Island Republican to 23.

According to prosecutors, Santos stole people’s identities, made charges on his donors’ credit cards without their authorization and submitted false campaign reports that listed non-existent loans and contributions that were fabricated or stolen.

Santos was originally indicted in May. He pleaded not guilty to the original 13 charges.

Georgie Porgie played fast and loose and got caught. Lock his ass up!

But......hunter.
But.....But....but.....

biden-bucks.GIF

In this morning's reportage: (underlining by my avatar)

"A superseding indictment made public Tuesday charges Rep. George Santos with stealing the identities of family members and using donors’ credit cards to spend thousands of dollars, intensifying the legal peril facing the freshman congressman five months after he was charged with a host of other financial crimes.

Santos, 35, faces 10 additional charges, according to the indictment: one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, two counts of wire fraud, two counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission, two counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, two counts of aggravated identity theft, and one count of access device fraud.

The new charges were filed just days after Nancy Marks, the treasurer for the Santos campaign, pleaded guilty to fraud conspiracy and implicated Santos in a scheme to embellish his campaign finance reports with a fake loan and fake donors.

Santos, who is expected to appear in federal court on the additional charges Oct. 27, told reporters at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday evening that he does not intend to resign his seat in Congress. He declined to comment further.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I would imagine the folks in Santos' district are beyond embarrassment on what they wrought with this Republican freshman.
THEY elected this fraud.
That smear is on the electorate of New York's 3rd Congressional District.
I'm inclined to believe they will correct their mistake in the next election.
Santos' predecessor in that seat has announced he wants it back.

In my opinion, there will be some rather stern accountability levied on Santos in the near future. He will lose the seat. And he will be convicted and imprisoned. IMHO

In this morning's reportage: (underlining by my avatar)

"A superseding indictment made public Tuesday charges Rep. George Santos with stealing the identities of family members and using donors’ credit cards to spend thousands of dollars, intensifying the legal peril facing the freshman congressman five months after he was charged with a host of other financial crimes.

Santos, 35, faces 10 additional charges, according to the indictment: one count of conspiracy to commit offenses against the United States, two counts of wire fraud, two counts of making materially false statements to the Federal Election Commission, two counts of falsifying records submitted to obstruct the FEC, two counts of aggravated identity theft, and one count of access device fraud.

The new charges were filed just days after Nancy Marks, the treasurer for the Santos campaign, pleaded guilty to fraud conspiracy and implicated Santos in a scheme to embellish his campaign finance reports with a fake loan and fake donors.

Santos, who is expected to appear in federal court on the additional charges Oct. 27, told reporters at the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday evening that he does not intend to resign his seat in Congress. He declined to comment further.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I would imagine the folks in Santos' district are beyond embarrassment on what they wrought with this Republican freshman.
THEY elected this fraud.
That smear is on the electorate of New York's 3rd Congressional District.
I'm inclined to believe they will correct their mistake in the next election.
Santos' predecessor in that seat has announced he wants it back.

In my opinion, there will be some rather stern accountability levied on Santos in the near future. He will lose the seat. And he will be convicted and imprisoned. IMHO
The GOP cant sack him while they are busy electing another fraudster as their Presidential candidate.

".....using donors’ credit cards to spend thousands of dollars...."

You know, TT, that credit card scamming takes the cake, in my view.
The bloke is incorrigible.
He was already being accused of cheating, stealing, and lying ....and then he still went ahead with the card scams.

It is a black stain on Republicans in the House that they tolerate this guy.....and make no move to eject him.
They want his "vote"......regardless of how his party affiliation makes them look like they are complicit in all of his lies and scams.

He is a big problem for the House GOP and they seem oblivious to it.

One is as one's friends are.

Well, I no sooner posted the post above when The Hill reported that Republicans on the New York delegation are making a move against Santos.

Good!

It's late, and the rest of the House is AWOL, but this is good news:

"New York House Republicans will introduce a measure to expel Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) from the legislative body, Rep. Anthony D’Esposito (R-N.Y.) announced Wednesday.

“Today, I’ll be introducing an expulsion resolution to rid the People’s House of fraudster, George Santos,” he wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

D’Esposito said the resolution will be co-sponsored by fellow first-term GOP Reps. Nick LaLota, Mike Lawler, Marc Molinaro, Nick Langworthy and Brandon Williams, all from New York.

The announcement comes one day after prosecutors in New York filed a superseding indictment against Santos, charging him with 10 new criminal charges. He now faces 23 charges in total.

The new indictment accuses Santos of stealing campaign contributors’ identities and financial information and of charging their credit cards numerous times without their authorization. The indictment also alleges Santos falsely reported to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) that his family made significant campaign contributions they did not make.

The announcement marks a shift in position for the six New York first-term lawmakers, who in May voted with the rest of the GOP conference to refer the matter to the House Ethics Committee, rather than vote for Santos’s expulsion.

Forum List

Back