Zone1 Gene Hackman eating a hamburger

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Talk about good Genes.

Hollywood legend Gene Hackman proved he’s still in tip-top shape as he performed yard work at his ranch in Santa Fe, New Mexico, on Sunday.

The “Unforgiven” actor — who celebrated his 93rd birthday in January — looked fit and healthy as he brandished a shovel at his private estate.

Earlier in the day, the two-time Oscar winner was spotted fueling up for physical labor at a local Wendy’s, where he ordered a meal at the drive-thru.

Hungry Hackman chowed down on his chicken sandwich in the fast food franchise’s parking lot before pumping gas at a nearby station.

Despite being one of Tinseltown’s powerhouse performers — appearing in classics such as “The French Connection,” “The Conversation,” “Superman,” “Hoosiers” and “The Royal Tenenbaums” — Hackman has long shunned the bright lights of Hollywood.

The father of three, who has lived in New Mexico with his pianist wife, Betsy Arakawa, for decades, also abstains from giving interviews — except to The Post.

In late 2021, Hackman gave his first interview in a decade, telling The Post about his “checkered career of hits and misses.”

Speaking on the 50th anniversary of “The French Connection” — the hit film for which he won his first Best Actor Oscar, in 1972 — the star stated: “The film certainly helped me in my career, and I am grateful for that.”

The down-to-earth actor added that he wasn’t a fan of rewatching his own flicks and hadn’t seen the classic crime caper since 1971.

haven’t seen the film since the first screening in a dark, tiny viewing room in a post-production company’s facility 50 years ago,” he told The Post.

genehackmaneatingaburgerjgjgjjgjgjg.JPG

Comment:
Hackman played in some iconic roles in some iconic movies.
It's cool to see him enjoying his life in New Mexico.
He would not have made it to 93 living in Hollywood.

Last edited:
Gene Hackman has been and always will be my all-time favorite actor. Hard to believe the dude is 93-years old.

Forum List

Back