Gee, who could have predicted...

Well, again, do women have children outside of wedlock because they're more free to do so, or because of some policy?

So, years ago a woman who had a child out of wedlock was shunned. Yes, it's not exactly a nice affair, but it happened then and it happens now. We're in a world of more freedom, and you're suggesting that this freedom is a bad thing, and is as a result of liberal policy. What?

It's funny, because the argument that guns should not be taken away, even though they destroy lives, is that they give freedom. So....

However I agree with you about food stamps. The idea in principle is not a bad one, however there's a big problem with it and no one will do away with it. To say it's a liberal policy when Congress was totally Republican for 10 of 12 years between 1995 and 2007 and with a Republican president from 2000 onwards, is a little rich to say in the least.

I disagree with your rose tinted glasses view of the world. You say "before liberalism", well, the founding fathers, in the majority, were liberals. So, you're talking before when exactly? The reality is that liberalism is a relative thing, you can't have "before liberalism" because if you only have two men, one will be liberal and the other conservative.

The fact is people had pride, not the slaves they didn't, not the people who worked 16 hour days, 7 days a week, the reality is that things have changed, there are problems with BOTH liberalism and conservatism, and they have come together to form an alliance that is destroying the country.

I think you need to look far more at reality, rather than trying to blame liberalism for the problems. Get away from liberalism and conservatism, and look at solutions. Taking the partisan line, then shouting that the other side is bad while ignoring your own side, and all that crap, is a waste of time. Thinking about policies and how they can work or not work is the way forward.

There are a lot of policies that would work great in this country, but it's liberals that would object to them as they always have.

I never said policy made single motherhood acceptable, I said liberal environment did. A pregnant high school girl gets a party in school for getting knocked up. It's no longer shameful, it's festive. It's part of taking God out of our society which of course, liberals accept and promote.

The firearms debate has nothing to do with freedom, it has to do with the Constitution and the right to defend yourself with equal or greater force. As for Republican policy, Welfare Reform was born from the Republican Congress and at the time, had great success.

The problem with liberalism is that it always sides with evil compared to conservatism which mostly sides with good. When evil is promoted in society, you get evil results. When you replace a father with a welfare check and kids grow up with one parent, lurking in the streets, ending up shot dead by police, that's evil and that's what liberalism supports.

Again, you're going off liberal bashing. I'm not really interested. You've come at me with lots of liberal bashing and then I've explained it and you've seen it's not the case.

You say a "liberal environment" made things acceptable. Maybe. But you'd go back to a "conservative environment" of 12 hours days, no days off, no spare cash, hand to mouth, death if you lose your job etc etc? I don't think so. I've been to poor conservative countries. I've seen what it's like, and I really don't think you want that.

Taking God out of society? Well, don't people have that freedom? I mean, it was enshrined in the CONSTITUTION. Then you're saying that the Constitution protects guns, that it's not about freedom. Come on, we've go the contradictions again.

"The problem with liberalism...." look, again, there are problems with ideologies, problems with most ways of thinking, problems with conservatism, why not lets look at getting rid of the problems? Screw ideologies, screw left and right wing, let's look at what WORKS and what doesn't and make sure things WORK.

Misleading, sure, maybe they were misleading before too. That's one of the problems when dealing with statistics.

Obama has put out a welcome mat on our borders. He has tied the hands of our immigration officers which is why for the first time, the border patrol endorsed a presidential candidate. All he did to get his statistics is change the definition of deportation.

I didn't say Trump was employing illegal immigrants, did I?

As for Trump Towers, why is this "left-wing lies"? Because it's uncomfortable for you?

Americans will do the job for the right price. Often the "right price" for them is too high for the rich overlords.

The problem here is that the US should be a highly educated country. It has the money to make sure that education is at high levels and that American workers are getting high level jobs. Instead everyone's looking at getting low paid jobs. Whereas other countries in the first world are doing something different. The US is the ONLY first world country demanding low paid manufacturing jobs be brought back to the country....

The left wing lies are that Trump hired illegals to demolish the site where he built Trump Towers. The truth of the matter is he hired a demolition company that did hire illegals, but Trump was not responsible for who they hired no more than you are responsible for who your garage hires to fix the brakes on your car.

If the price is too high for an employer to pay a worker, then he just has to do with less workers. Simple as that. The supply and demand process in employment works perfectly until you throw monkey wrenches into the wheels such as unions or immigrants.

Once again, no industrialized country in the world spends more per capita on education than the United States. If other countries are doing it better, it certainly has nothing to do with the money we spend on education.

Ah, so he hired a company that was doing things on the cheap. So he had illegal workers. Question is, did Trump know about it? Probably. Did he do anything about it? No. So where are the lies?

What Donald Trump Knew About Undocumented Workers at His Signature Tower

Anything here a lie?

Again, spending on education when you're teaching creationism, doesn't mean squat.

Misleading, sure, maybe they were misleading before too. That's one of the problems when dealing with statistics.

Obama has put out a welcome mat on our borders. He has tied the hands of our immigration officers which is why for the first time, the border patrol endorsed a presidential candidate. All he did to get his statistics is change the definition of deportation.

Has he? How's that?

Maybe they're annoyed that this is the 2nd time in 16 years that they've lost an election by getting MORE votes than the other side.

If clinton won the electoral vote and Trump won the popular vote, I just know that you guys would really be annoyed. Probably you'd riot in the streets and throw bricks at her if she accepted the presidency on just the electoral vote. Right?

Again, you're going off liberal bashing. I'm not really interested. You've come at me with lots of liberal bashing and then I've explained it and you've seen it's not the case.

You say a "liberal environment" made things acceptable. Maybe. But you'd go back to a "conservative environment" of 12 hours days, no days off, no spare cash, hand to mouth, death if you lose your job etc etc? I don't think so. I've been to poor conservative countries. I've seen what it's like, and I really don't think you want that.

Taking God out of society? Well, don't people have that freedom? I mean, it was enshrined in the CONSTITUTION. Then you're saying that the Constitution protects guns, that it's not about freedom. Come on, we've go the contradictions again.

"The problem with liberalism...." look, again, there are problems with ideologies, problems with most ways of thinking, problems with conservatism, why not lets look at getting rid of the problems? Screw ideologies, screw left and right wing, let's look at what WORKS and what doesn't and make sure things WORK.

Very well. You want to know what would work? I'll tell you, and I'll also tell you that liberalism would fight against it:

Murder. The subject would be executed within six months of conviction--all appeals exhausted because of fast track, and have the execution on television for all to see. Electric chair or hanging would work the best.

Prison to deter crime: Get rid of cable television, workout rooms, pool tables, football fields, and sentence criminals to hard labor.

Social programs: anybody physically and mentally capable of working must have a job. If they have children they can't afford to have, they should be put up for adoption. If a woman applies for welfare, she can't get one dime until she gets fixed first.

Lawsuits: Loser pays all. You can sue anybody you like, but if you lose the case, you are responsible for the legal fees of the person or company you tried to sue.

Immigration: Anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum of a five year prison sentence. Afterwords they would no longer be able to apply for Visa's, work permits or citizenship.

These are just a few, but tell me that Democrats would not fight to have these things stopped if somebody tried to implement them.

Ah, so he hired a company that was doing things on the cheap. So he had illegal workers. Question is, did Trump know about it? Probably. Did he do anything about it? No. So where are the lies?

Anything here a lie?

Again, spending on education when you're teaching creationism, doesn't mean squat.

He hired a company no different than you or I. If you hire a plumber, do you check his employees out to see if they are illegal or not? If you hire a lawn care company, do you personally check out their employee role before you hire them?

Of course not, nobody does. You hire a company with the expectation they are doing everything legally. The customer is not in a position to review their dozens if not hundreds of employees.

Maybe they're annoyed that this is the 2nd time in 16 years that they've lost an election by getting MORE votes than the other side.

If clinton won the electoral vote and Trump won the popular vote, I just know that you guys would really be annoyed. Probably you'd riot in the streets and throw bricks at her if she accepted the presidency on just the electoral vote. Right?

But that'll never happen, as the states which benefit the most from this are generally right wing states.

Let's put this into context. This election there were about 60 million votes for each side. (down from 4 years ago by about 4 million votes, what a turn off).

I just worked out how many votes they both got. (I've done some simplification here, I've only taken the votes from Republicans and Democrats, rather than all the other votes, so some of the figures will be slightly out, but it takes a lot of time to input all this stuff and I've ignored states that separated votes too).

Trump got 60.7 million votes, the states he won had 71.7 million votes. The equivalent based on how much a vote is worth (i.e., a Wyoming vote is worth 3.8 times more than a vote in Texas because Wyoming has 3 electoral college votes for a small population and Texas has a large population and not equivalent number of EC votes.) means Trump got 84.5 million votes.

Hillary got 61.7 million votes. The states she won had 48.8 million votes, and the equivalent is 56 million votes.

So, essentially the system gave Trump 24 million votes extra, and took away 5 million votes from Hillary.

It's not fair. It's a simple as that.

Very well. You want to know what would work? I'll tell you, and I'll also tell you that liberalism would fight against it:

Murder. The subject would be executed within six months of conviction--all appeals exhausted because of fast track, and have the execution on television for all to see. Electric chair or hanging would work the best.

Prison to deter crime: Get rid of cable television, workout rooms, pool tables, football fields, and sentence criminals to hard labor.

Social programs: anybody physically and mentally capable of working must have a job. If they have children they can't afford to have, they should be put up for adoption. If a woman applies for welfare, she can't get one dime until she gets fixed first.

Lawsuits: Loser pays all. You can sue anybody you like, but if you lose the case, you are responsible for the legal fees of the person or company you tried to sue.

Immigration: Anybody caught here illegally faces a minimum of a five year prison sentence. Afterwords they would no longer be able to apply for Visa's, work permits or citizenship.

These are just a few, but tell me that Democrats would not fight to have these things stopped if somebody tried to implement them.

Liberalism would fight against it if the right brought it up, and the right would fight against it if the liberals brought it up. That's the result of a stupid system which rewards the main two parties way too much.

I'm not sure I totally agree with your murder situation. Mainly because there are differences in proof and the like. I think instances of conviction for murder would actually go down because of this.

Your prison idea might work, however it might also cause more problems. I believe that for some rehabilitation is an option. I think for others it is not and hard labor would be a good idea. I don't think it should be everyone getting the same punishment. Isolation for a few months works for some.

Your social program idea would cause way, way too many problems.
Firstly, putting kids up for adoption when their parents don't have a job.

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/cb/children_waiting2012.pdf

In 2013 there were 100,000 kids waiting to be adopted in the US. You'd increase this massively.

Forcing people to have a job. How? How can you force people to have jobs in say, 2008? People who wanted jobs couldn't get jobs. You lose your job you lose your kids? No one is going to find that acceptable.

Lawsuits. Suing people would be only for the rich. It would effectively make a two tier system, the poor unable to get justice ever.

Immigration. I don't see why you'd want to lock them up. Why not just deport them? Stopping them being able to apply again is fine.

But yes, I think the Democrats would fight many of these, mainly because a lot of them are flawed badly.

With welfare I think I have a better idea.
If you leave school you can't claim welfare until you have worked for 5 years. Between 5 and 10 years you'd get basic welfare payments. After 10 years of work this would rise.

If you leave school and can't get a job, then you could get certain help, but it would be on the basis that you go back into education to work towards something, and your money is based on the condition that you achieve certain, realistic goals (ie, not too easy or too hard).

Prison. Education in prison should be increased massively. It works. The reoffending rates of those who have a skill they can use when they get out are reduced massively. Education in schools should be improved and aimed at making sure A) kids leave school with skills that can land them a job and B) that they learn how to be adults.

Anything here a lie?

He hired a company no different than you or I. If you hire a plumber, do you check his employees out to see if they are illegal or not? If you hire a lawn care company, do you personally check out their employee role before you hire them?

Of course not, nobody does. You hire a company with the expectation they are doing everything legally. The customer is not in a position to review their dozens if not hundreds of employees.

I don't think this is the issue at all. The issue is, what happens if you find out they're illegal? Trump seems to have found out and did... nothing.

The feature of the electoral system that gives people from less populated (rural) states greater per-vote power was deliberate. The founders didn't want a nation driven by the needs of concentrated urban centers. The electoral college was designed to facilitate exactly what just happened. I'm worried that rural voters have made a terrible mistake in electing Trump, but they were rejecting just what the founders wanted to prevent - a government fixated on the needs of its dominant cities.

FIrst of all, I specifically said, those who vote for celebrities.

Your assumption that they are voting for the celebrities based just on their fame is unsupported and unlikely. and unfair.

Fame gets you the first step, ie a listen.

If what you have to say is more of the same old crap, not many people are going to be trilled by that.

Trump had fame to get his listen. But he was very careful to make sure that those that listened heard something that would get him a second listen,

He did not win because he was a Reality TV Star.

He won because he identified a large group of voters that had been forgotten and were desperate for their concerns to be voiced by someone.

First of all, just because you said something, doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

Second of all, your assumption that I made an assumption is wrong.

Third, if you think what I have to say is the same old crap, then don't read it. I write what I think.

Trump won because he was able to tap into the mentality of a lot of votes by shouting nonsense. It's quite sad I suppose that you have 60 million voting for him, and 60 million for hillary. What does it say about the state of the country?

Trump's trade policy has been validated by the recent WTO airbus ruling that showed that we are losing jobs to our trade "partners" because they are cheating. Thus, the exact opposite of nonsense.

Trump's immigration policy is to enforce our laws. That you can say with a straight face that that is nonsense shows how fucked up America is. And Trump is not the problem, he is the solution.

Trump's immigration "policy" is just a suggestion, and often people have decided what his "policy" is without knowing squat about what it actually is. Building a wall isn't an immigration policy.

You keep pretending that Trump has no immigration policy. That will be a great comfort to all the illegals who are worrying about losing their American jobs, and being deported while they watch the Wall go up.

9nrbhi.jpg

Pretending. He has a policy for anything? He flip flopped on everything and then called them "suggestions". So you decide he said something therefore that's a "policy", doesn't make it so.

The biggest problem with a lot of Americans is they don't understand that immigrants do jobs that Americans don't want to do. Well, we'll get you doing low paid menial labor then.....

The only thing is that soon the illegals will have to be made legal in order to fill those jobs. Remember who likes employing immigrants? Oh, yeah, TRUMP.

Your opinion on his policies is noted.

I am an American who has done many of those jobs that you lefties like to say Americans don't want to do. I've personally known plenty of Americans who have done many of the OTHER jobs that supposedly Americans don't want to do.

AND, in a labor scared job market menial labor does not have to be low paid.

Hell, you ever hire a maid? I have. They were not low paid, and I couldn't keep them because my house was too "small" for it to be worth their time compared to much larger houses.

Anything here a lie?

I don't think this is the issue at all. The issue is, what happens if you find out they're illegal? Trump seems to have found out and did... nothing.

So, your argument is that it MIGHT be hypocritical of him to deport illegals and to punish employers that knowingly hire illegals?

That's infinitely superior to a President Hillary who would have sincerely flooded the US with even MORE immigrants to the great harm to American interests.

First of all, just because you said something, doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

Second of all, your assumption that I made an assumption is wrong.

Third, if you think what I have to say is the same old crap, then don't read it. I write what I think.

Trump won because he was able to tap into the mentality of a lot of votes by shouting nonsense. It's quite sad I suppose that you have 60 million voting for him, and 60 million for hillary. What does it say about the state of the country?

Trump's trade policy has been validated by the recent WTO airbus ruling that showed that we are losing jobs to our trade "partners" because they are cheating. Thus, the exact opposite of nonsense.

Trump's immigration policy is to enforce our laws. That you can say with a straight face that that is nonsense shows how fucked up America is. And Trump is not the problem, he is the solution.

Trump's immigration "policy" is just a suggestion, and often people have decided what his "policy" is without knowing squat about what it actually is. Building a wall isn't an immigration policy.

You keep pretending that Trump has no immigration policy. That will be a great comfort to all the illegals who are worrying about losing their American jobs, and being deported while they watch the Wall go up.

9nrbhi.jpg

Pretending. He has a policy for anything? He flip flopped on everything and then called them "suggestions". So you decide he said something therefore that's a "policy", doesn't make it so.

The biggest problem with a lot of Americans is they don't understand that immigrants do jobs that Americans don't want to do. Well, we'll get you doing low paid menial labor then.....

The only thing is that soon the illegals will have to be made legal in order to fill those jobs. Remember who likes employing immigrants? Oh, yeah, TRUMP.

I am an American who has done many of those jobs that you lefties like to say Americans don't want to do. I've personally known plenty of Americans who have done many of the OTHER jobs that supposedly Americans don't want to do.

Hell, you ever hire a maid? I have. They were not low paid, and I couldn't keep them because my house was too "small" for it to be worth their time compared to much larger houses.

The point I am making is that the US, as a country with lots of money, should be looking at the jobs on he high end of things.

Look at Germany, they make cars. What cars? BMWs, Mercedes and things like that. They do high end jobs, they have the education system to make sure their people are getting such jobs. Yes, there are lower paid jobs, but overall the people earn more because the country is structured for high end jobs.

Trump is looking at low end jobs. The more low end jobs you have, the less the country is worth, the less people earn all round.

...libs would lose their fucking minds, call for the overthrow of the govt, call for the racist murders of whites, burn the American flag, and call for the assassination of the President - after demanding the GOP accept the outcome of the election - because they LOST and did not get their way?!

Actually, the question should be who DIDN'T see this coming?!

I agree and as I recall none of this crap happened when douchebag got elected.

Just goes to show who the assholes and law breakers are.

Anything here a lie?

So, your argument is that it MIGHT be hypocritical of him to deport illegals and to punish employers that knowingly hire illegals?

That's infinitely superior to a President Hillary who would have sincerely flooded the US with even MORE immigrants to the great harm to American interests.

No, that's not my argument. My argument is the guy is a dubious character, who might not see it in his, or his friends' best interests to do anything about it.

9nrbhi.jpg

The point I am making is that the US, as a country with lots of money, should be looking at the jobs on he high end of things.

Look at Germany, they make cars. What cars? BMWs, Mercedes and things like that. They do high end jobs, they have the education system to make sure their people are getting such jobs. Yes, there are lower paid jobs, but overall the people earn more because the country is structured for high end jobs.

Trump is looking at low end jobs. The more low end jobs you have, the less the country is worth, the less people earn all round.

1. Germany? ONe of the nations that have to subsidize Airbus to compete with Boeing? We DO look at jobs on the high end of things.

And if we let our trade "partners" fuck us, we will lose those jobs. Such as Jet Plane manufacturing.

2. AND high end jobs are not the whole of any large economy. We have been just ignoring the needs of the very large segments of the population that depend on "lower end jobs". And that is why Trump's message on Trade and Immigration propelled him to the White House despite the united resistance of the Ruling Class.

3. My mother is law was a nurse's aid. She lived in a nearby rural area. She made 15$ an hour. I live in a city with a very different labor pool, and the starting wage for nurse's aids was 7$ an hour.

If we just let the bottom fall out of the bottom, that makes this a poorer nation TOO.

Anything here a lie?

No, that's not my argument. My argument is the guy is a dubious character, who might not see it in his, or his friends' best interests to do anything about it.

Trump is no Obama who will be given good press no matter what. If he wants a good legacy or to be re-elected he needs to keep his promises to his supporters.

It is in his best interests to follow though.

If he does, we will have his back and he could very well go down as one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had.

If he tries to coast though his administration, his supporters will turn on him, and the media will eat him alive, and he will spend the rest of his life as a Pariah.

Yeah, last year the Seahawks were annoyed because they got more total yards than the Patriots and yet still lost the game, of course the Seahawks somehow managed to remember that the rules of the game are the rules of the game and refrained from starting fires, destroying public and private property and generally making complete asses of themselves in public.

Their side lost, they need to come to grips with it and work on making sure that it doesn't happen again, in other words GROW THE FUCK UP.

No evidence supporting that at all. How would anybody know what he knew at the time? Better still, how would he have found out?

Trump was a very busy man, and I'm sure he didn't have the time to investigate a contractors employee status. Who would have time for that?

Tell me that you did that just once in your life. Tell me you checked all the employees that cut your lawn, fixed your car, sold you items from a hardware store, people who served your meal at a restaurant. It's just not practical in any sense of the word.

Forum List

Back