Gee, they are just misunderstood...

Bush family has close ties to Saudi royal family. :cool:

The Saudi's aren't a friend of the U.S.? That's hardly the case, the number one supplier of oil to the U.S. is the nation of Saudi Arabia, possessor of the largest oil reserves in the world. When Saddam invaded Kuwait in 1990, it was really the Saudis next door who felt threatened, and it GWB's father, GB 1, who came to their rescue. The Saudis have never forgotten this, and according to a March 2003 article in the New Yorker, some members of the royal family consider GWB's family to be part of their extended family. Haifa, wife of Prince Bandar, the Saudi ammbassador to the U.S., says that GWB's mother and father "are like my mother and father. I know if I ever needed anything I could go to them" ("How the Saudi ambassador became Washington's indespensable operator" the New Yorker, March 24, 2003).
And as Robert Baer - who was a caseofficer in the CIA's directorate of Operations from 1967 to 1997 - revealed in his book sleeping with the devil, GB 1st even has a special name for the Saudi prince - he calls him "Bandar Bush".
This relationship has been forged over many years. Through his stints in the CIA and as vice president and president, GB 1st learned that whenever the dirty work needed to be done, the U.S. could always turn to Saudi Arabia. When Whitehouse aide Oliver North needed money to buy arms for Iran in the Iran - Contra affair, it was the saudis who provided the $30 miliion in secret cash (The Washington Post, August 9, 1990). When the CIA neededfunds to help destroy the Italian Communist party in 1985 and finance its opponents in electuions it was the U.S.'s good friends in Saudi Arabia who happily put $10 million in an Italian bank (The Washington Post, February 11, 2002). This was all while GB 1st was V.P., and was having frequent lunches with the Saudi ambassador.
It is no surprise then that the Saudi ambassador is the only diplomat in Washington who receives his own personal State Derpartment security detail, compliments of your tax money. Robert Baer reported that Prince Bandar donated $1 millionto the GWB presidential library and museum in Texas and a million dollars more to Barbara Bush's literacy programme.
So it looks like your president has a real vendetta against Sauid Arabia doesn't he? I bet he's seething with rage right now at the thought of those damn evil Saudis. In fact, GWB hates the Saudis so much that after meeting with the Saudi crown prince in 2002, he told us that they had "established a strong personal bond" and that they "spent a lot of time alone" (The New York Times, April 26, 2002). I guess GWB was just flaunting his friendship with a group of rulers who rival the Taliban in their suppresion of human rights, just to rub it in.

Here's the difference in the 'loyalists' of the political party. The dems have to worry in close elections that their fringe might go green or to a 3rd party candidate or stay home. The Republicans not only might likely go libertarian, they criticize much the president does while he's in office.

Personally I think GW is doing great on the war. I think the tax incentives are working. I think spending on domestic issues is out of control, as is pork barrell spending. I deplore our relationship with Saudi Arabia and have written editorial letters, written to my reps, and to the Sec. of State. I work on local GOP campaigns, as well as Senate and will probably do some for Bush. I will discuss what I disagree with, as I have done before.

Forum List

Back