Gay Rights Group Demands Apology From Newsweek

Things look like they're about to be going my way in my life! :D

Good, I am glad to hear that bro. ~BH
:) Thanks.

What's up with you W?

Brand new pool equipment compliments of a much over payed Home owners insurance Policy. To top it off, Our neighbor finally cut down this huge half dead Tree that did nothing but drop debris and ticks into our pool, not too mention block half the sun out of our yard. Summer is looking good. Now, maybe if the asshole on the otherside would atleast trim and maintain his trees and shut his 24 hour a day barking dog up things will be even better. ~BH

Have you ever been to a gay pride parade?

I'd doubt it.

You know...this whole thing about Tea Partiers complaining about their rallies being misrepresented by a few outrageous signs, protesters, etc. has always cracked me up. Because the same thing has been done again and again to us gays and our gay pride parades.

I went to one in houston. Well I ended up at one. I was stuck in traffic for hours and I was not happy with the way people were dressing in front of children. Its not like I don't support equal rights its just that some radicalize their message sometimes.

I'd doubt it.

You know...this whole thing about Tea Partiers complaining about their rallies being misrepresented by a few outrageous signs, protesters, etc. has always cracked me up. Because the same thing has been done again and again to us gays and our gay pride parades.

Why would you take pride in a disgusting, perverted, mental illness?

We are talking about Gay pride parades here, not Teabagger protests

A gay rights group is demanding an apology from Newsweek magazine for a recent story that the group says suggested gay actors can't play straight characters.

"An actor's personal life should not be a factor in their believability in a role," said Jarrett Barrios, president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. "That would be tantamount to audiences not buying Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl as lovers in their upcoming film 'Killers' because the two are happily married to different people in real life."

GLAAD spokesman Rich Ferraro said the magazine has not offered the apology sought by the group, but that the topic was discussed with Barrios and Dustin Lance Black, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of "Milk," during a Q&A with Newsweek on Wednesday. He said he believed that discussion would be published in the next issue.

Some Hollywood stars blasted the magazine and writer Ramin Setoodeh for an April 26 story that said it was OK for straight actors to play gay roles, but "it's rare for someone to pull off the trick in reverse."

In the story, Setoodeh criticized Sean Hayes' latest leading-man performance on Broadway, writing that the openly gay actor "comes off as wooden and insincere, like he's trying to hide something, which of course he is."

Full article at: Gay Rights Group Demands Apology From Newsweek - ABC News

So what do you think? Can you name any gay actors that you think have played straights convincingly? How about straight actors playing gays?

Discuss.

Rock Hudson, Errol Flynn, Tab Hunter, Leanardo De Caprio, Robert DeNiro.......

I'd doubt it.

I went to one in houston. Well I ended up at one. I was stuck in traffic for hours and I was not happy with the way people were dressing in front of children. Its not like I don't support equal rights its just that some radicalize their message sometimes.

Been to Mardi Gras?

A gay rights group is demanding an apology from Newsweek magazine for a recent story that the group says suggested gay actors can't play straight characters.

"An actor's personal life should not be a factor in their believability in a role," said Jarrett Barrios, president of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. "That would be tantamount to audiences not buying Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl as lovers in their upcoming film 'Killers' because the two are happily married to different people in real life."

GLAAD spokesman Rich Ferraro said the magazine has not offered the apology sought by the group, but that the topic was discussed with Barrios and Dustin Lance Black, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of "Milk," during a Q&A with Newsweek on Wednesday. He said he believed that discussion would be published in the next issue.

Some Hollywood stars blasted the magazine and writer Ramin Setoodeh for an April 26 story that said it was OK for straight actors to play gay roles, but "it's rare for someone to pull off the trick in reverse."

In the story, Setoodeh criticized Sean Hayes' latest leading-man performance on Broadway, writing that the openly gay actor "comes off as wooden and insincere, like he's trying to hide something, which of course he is."

So what do you think? Can you name any gay actors that you think have played straights convincingly? How about straight actors playing gays?

Discuss.

Rock Hudson, Errol Flynn, Tab Hunter, Leanardo De Caprio, Robert DeNiro.......

WHAT??!!:eek:

There are certain gay actors, like Ru Paul for example, who sorry but I'm not buying him as a love interest for a women.

Same with Ellen Degeneres. I'm not buying her straight act either. But I can't rule out all gay actors. Some can pull it off.

Neil Patrick Harris for example. Now he can play straight very well.

I'd doubt it.

And you wonder why I neg rep you?:lol:
You are the one with the mental illness. Stop spreading your hate, you fucking stupid piece of shit.

Discuss.

How would I know if an actor is gay or not? Is this something I would see in the credits?

No, it's something you'd see at the grocery store while you're putting your food on the conveyor belt. Or while sitting at home watching TV. Or driving your car listening to the radio. Everytime any celebrity "comes out" it's all we hear about for a week or more. If you're exposed to the media at all you can't not know.

God forbid they break away from following around Brad and Angelina to cover a homosexual.

Relax ya'll :D

Leo and DeNiro have played gay parts, is what was meant ( I think) :lol:

Thank gawd.:lol: Now somebody remind me when Bobby played a gay man.

He was at least a crossdresser (Captain Shakespeare) in Stardust, but the way the crew of the ship referred to him it was implied he was more than just dressing up.

There are certain gay actors, like Ru Paul for example, who sorry but I'm not buying him as a love interest for a women.

Same with Ellen Degeneres. I'm not buying her straight act either. But I can't rule out all gay actors. Some can pull it off.

Portia de Rossi too.

Portia de Rossi too.

Hubba Hubba!

What's a "Gay Right"?

you, sis.

or do you prefer rightie?

LOL... So you're saying that I am a Gay Right? No Kiddin'?

So, in effect, you're admitting that you've no means to say what a Gay Right is...

Which works... on multiple levels.

First it demonstrates the nonsensical nature of the term; and that idiots can't help being themselves; which leads directly into the whole 'homosexuals are people of low moral character, who demonstrate their tendency to reject sound cultural mores, thus are not to be trusted with any position which involves children' thing...

Thus the farce surrounding 'Gay Rights'.

And you wonder why I neg rep you?:lol:
You are the one with the mental illness. Stop spreading your hate, you fucking stupid piece of shit.

What Mental illness is that? Be Specific...

Now understand, I am not asking you this because I expect that you can show a clinical diagnosis due to a person recognizing that Homosexuality is a devient sexual perversion, a pre-oedipal pathology... I ask to allow YOU to demonstrate that you've no means to support your assertion; that you are in fact an impotent advocate of normalizing abnormality; an imbecile with NO MEANS TO RECOGNIZE THE DAMAGE THAT YOU'RE DOING TO YOUR OWN CULTURE; and as such have NO BUSINESS being allowed within 10 miles of a voting booth.

But... the challenge stands and where you CAN sustain your assertion, you prevail... where you FAIL to sustain it: YOU WILL CONCEDE.

Best of luck...

Forum List

Back