Gateway PC and Windows 8

Why wouldn't you people advise her to seek professional help if she doesn't know what she's doing. She could accidentally make things even worse.
Oh, she asked us and not the Geek Squad.

Well, I already know you're a nut. If she takes advice from you, she is probably going to ruin her computer. Lol.
When it comes to computers, people like you are blinkered. No Geek Squad can help. You would rather pay 100 bucks to make the Geek Squad reestablish power supply by plugging in the power cable than put a question online for free?

Why wouldn't you people advise her to seek professional help if she doesn't know what she's doing. She could accidentally make things even worse.

Well, I already know you're a nut. If she takes advice from you, she is probably going to ruin her computer. Lol.
When it comes to computers, people like you are blinkered. No Geek Squad can help. You would rather pay 100 bucks to make the Geek Squad reestablish power supply by plugging in the power cable than put a question online for free?

What??? You're crazy. That is not her problem, obviously.

The question is for you.

The question is for you.

I don't need Geek Squad to know to plug my computer in, tard.

The question is for you.

It just an example, smarty.

The question is for you.

A bad example. The fact of the matter is, you are probably an amateur who just feels "important" giving advice. You probably have no credentials at all. Anyone with half a brain would consult a professional to take care of a serious computer matter because, as I said, a professional's work is guaranteed and they have the credentials and the education to take care of more complicated matters. If a mistake is made, THEY are held responsible.

A bad example. The fact of the matter is, you are probably an amateur who just feels "important" giving advice. You probably have no credentials at all. Anyone with half a brain would consult a professional to take care of a serious computer matter because, as I said, a professional's work is guaranteed and they have the credentials and the education to take care of more complicated matters. If a mistake is made, THEY are held responsible.

Now Chris, you don't need to spend one day in college to work at Best Buy Geek Squad...in fact you don;t even have to graduate high school. A GED is accepted according to their own site.
It is ok to rely on professionals...but calling Geek Squad professionals is downright funny.

The question is for you.

Well, next time you have a problem I just send you a bill at first. This might not help your Chromebook but it makes me rich, thanks.

^^^^

Very "easy" to install. Yeah right. Unless you run into some "problem."

Don't listen to them, Bonz. Take your computer to a professional. In my area, Geek Squad will even come out to your home for around $100.
Chris, you're being unnecessarily self fear projecting and negative. I'm Just offering options based on what's being posted. She may be much more computer literate or much more willing to try other options than you. Don't be a stick in the mud because this stuff scares you.

She's already made it clear that she isn't, I thought. :eusa_hand:
I wasn't at one time either. Simply offering solutions, it's up to her to make up her mind whether to use them or not. If she's uncomfortable with it she'll choose not to try those solutions.

I'm quite sure she's said that she is computer "illiterate."
So was I at one time. She asked for help so options, including a computer repair option was mentioned, I saw no reason to repeat what someone else had posted. Who knows, maybe she's willing to lean and take a few chances, why try to dissuade her? Pretty sure she's quite able to make up her own mind. :thup:

Besides, if Geek Squad fixes it, you have a GUARANTEE. With you guys, not so much. Lol. :D

Geek Squad Services - Best Buy
If you read through the computer threads you will see many times where we've all recommended people having their computer serviced by licensed professionals, especially when we cannot determine the actual problem and provide a solution for it or we now it's something they can't handle. Doesn't mean we don't also offer other solutions to save them time and money. They make the decision which route to take, not us.

The question is for you.

Well, next time you have a problem I just send you a bill at first. This might not help your Chromebook but it makes me rich, thanks.

I wouldn't even think of paying you for anything. As far as I'm concerned, you have no credentials.

^^^^

Very "easy" to install. Yeah right. Unless you run into some "problem."

Don't listen to them, Bonz. Take your computer to a professional. In my area, Geek Squad will even come out to your home for around $100.
Chris, you're being unnecessarily self fear projecting and negative. I'm Just offering options based on what's being posted. She may be much more computer literate or much more willing to try other options than you. Don't be a stick in the mud because this stuff scares you.

She's already made it clear that she isn't, I thought. :eusa_hand:
I wasn't at one time either. Simply offering solutions, it's up to her to make up her mind whether to use them or not. If she's uncomfortable with it she'll choose not to try those solutions.

I'm quite sure she's said that she is computer "illiterate."
So was I at one time. She asked for help so options, including a computer repair option was mentioned, I saw no reason to repeat what someone else had posted. Who knows, maybe she's willing to lean and take a few chances, why try to dissuade her? Pretty sure she's quite able to make up her own mind. :thup:

The point is, if things get messed up even worse (FUBAR), then there is not anyone to be held responsible. If you don't REALLY know much about what you're doing, instead of taking advice from strangers on the net (who all tell you to do something different), then you would be best off seeking help from a professional service because the work is guaranteed.

I'm just giving MY advice too, which is not to take advice from people on the internet but to look for advice from a professional service. :)

Now Chris, you don't need to spend one day in college to work at Best Buy Geek Squad...in fact you don;t even have to graduate high school. A GED is accepted according to their own site.
It is ok to rely on professionals...but calling Geek Squad professionals is downright funny.

They are certified and their work is guaranteed. I'm willing to bet they have more credentials than your average "keyboard warriors." :D

The question is for you.

I wouldn't even think of paying you for anything. As far as I'm concerned, you have no credentials.
Did I forget to annotate that I charge you 5 bucks for each reply I make?

Yeah well, I'm not paying. It's certainly not worth the charge. Small claims court, here I come! :p

Yeah well, I'm not paying. It's certainly not worth the charge. Small claims court, here I come! :p
You would endanger the good relationships with the Roundabout Traffic Of Nauru :eek:

They are certified and their work is guaranteed. I'm willing to bet they have more credentials than your average "keyboard warriors." :D

In all honesty, probably not.
Take me...I have been hacking (the correct use of the word - coding) since 1986. I have probably more computer knowledge in my right pinkie than the script kiddies that work at Best Buy...their main M.O. is "does it boot up...no?...okay then reinstall...that'll be $100 please"
Or if your video card fails...they can unscrew one screw, slide the card out...screw it back..and let Windows find it and install it...whohoo..."that'll be $100 please". Easy money.

Today - the overwhelming number one problem is malware. In which there are several FREE programs anyone can install...the same program the Geek Squad charges you $100 to click on...no thanks.

Take me...I have been hacking (the correct use of the word - coding) since 1986. I have probably more computer knowledge in my right pinkie than the script kiddies that work at Best Buy...their main M.O. is "does it boot up...no?...okay then reinstall...that'll be $100 please"
Or if your video card fails...they can unscrew one screw, slide the card out...screw it back..and let Windows find it and install it...whohoo..."that'll be $100 please". Easy money.

Today - the overwhelming number one problem is malware. In which there are several FREE programs anyone can install...the same program the Geek Squad charges you $100 to click on...no thanks.

I've used Geek Squad at least several times, and they were very knowledgeable about all things computer related.

I've used Geek Squad at least several times, and they were very knowledgeable about all things computer related.

And that is fine if it works for you.
But not everyone wants to, or can - pay $100 to someone to do something that literally took them two minutes to fix. Like removing malware. All you do is literally click scan - do something else while the program scans..and then click fix...whalaa...no easier way to make $100...and BTW, Geek Squad provides Best Buy a whopping 40%-50% profit margins..a very nice shot in the arm for a business that daily gets it's ass kicked by Amazon.

Honestly, how would you know? As you've already stated you're computer illiterate, how would you honestly know that they know what they're talking about? Not being nasty just asking a very valid question. :dunno:

Forum List

Back