Gaston Glock Dies

1703713178683.png

Don't like 'em. I prefer John Browning's products.

Nothing beats the Colt M1911.

I was damn pissed when the Corps moved to the Beretta M9

Say what you will about Glock’s handguns, but they are tough, reliable, and will eat just about any ammo you feed it. I prefer to shoot my revolvers, and my 1911s. But I always have a Glock or two in my safe.

Glocks are...functional. They are not accurate. Have terrible sights and terrible triggers. But they are functional.

What GLOCK did was revolutionize the business, introducing plastic frames, making lighter, less expensive pistols. For that alone he was an absolute game changer.

Remember reading a great book about his life. The dude who had never before built a gun built it to the Austrian Army specifications
beating out other well-established gun manufacturers.
He had some exec who was embezzelling. Glock went to talk with him about it and some guy beat Glock with a rubber hammer.

Don't like 'em. I prefer John Browning's products.

I wasn't aware that Browning made handguns.

Glocks are crap. I got shot with a Glock, point blank the guy had so much trouble hitting me I was hit in the armpit in both arms and the big toe. I shot a Glock, it's a horrible gun. I shot a Kimber custom. That gun was like shooting air. I was repeatedly hitting a quarter size bullseye at 25 yards. Unfortunately my eyes aren't that good anymore. But the gun sure was.

Last edited:
May he rest in peace and condolences to his family who are missing hi. Many an inner city youth has had their life cut short by a Glock. Glock Is the Fisher Price of handguns, good for an introduction into firearms but once someone matures the outgrow it. If you‘re looking for a gun you can easily ger accessories for and go to the range once a year a Glock is probably the gun for yo. If you’re serious about shooting then a Glock will be the first gun you sell off

I'll never give up my Colt. In fact, I have often thought I'd get myself another 1911...
I have several. My oldest was built in 1912, my newest in 1943. Then I have quite a few modern (1960+) commercial models in various calibers.

I wasn't aware that Browning made handguns.

Glocks are crap. I got shot with a Glock, point blank the guy had so much trouble hitting me I was hit in the armpit in both arms and the big toe. I shot a Glock, it's a horrible gun. I shot a Kimber custom. That gun was like shooting air. I was repeatedly hitting a quarter size bullseye at 25 yards. Unfortunately my eyes aren't that good anymore. But the gun sure was.
Browning designed them, and then sold the designs to various companies.

80% of all firearms produced use his designs to some extent.

May he rest in peace and condolences to his family who are missing hi. Many an inner city youth has had their life cut short by a Glock. Glock Is the Fisher Price of handguns, good for an introduction into firearms but once someone matures the outgrow it. If you‘re looking for a gun you can easily ger accessories for and go to the range once a year a Glock is probably the gun for yo. If you’re serious about shooting then a Glock will be the first gun you sell off
Sure thing. That's why most of the LE's in this country carry a Glock. Like another poster said "they aren't accurate" LOL and FOS

Glocks are great. For some reason I prefer my Beretta 92. I've tried my buddy's G17 and I can't tell any difference in accuracy but I just like the feel of the Beretta. I got one of my kids a Ruger 22 semi and it has the normal issues with a 22 semi, but we did try the G44 at the range and for 22 semi, the Glock seems far superior in accuracy and reliability, but small sample size.

Sure thing. That's why most of the LE's in this country carry a Glock. Like another poster said "they aren't accurate" LOL and FOS
They are cheap and get the job done. That’s why most LEO’s carry them. Doesn’t mean they are great guns. There are much better firearms out there however they are more expensive. That’s why it’s the first gun for a lot of people, it’s also why it’s sold off first as they upgrade to a better firearm. Anyone who thinks the Glock is the best gun ever is someone who doesn’t do a lot of shooting.

Forum List

Back