Gas tax holiday, emptying Strategic Oil Reserves and other DEM election strategies.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I'm so old I remember when Democrats were a viable American Party that represented the American worker. What the heck has happened to them? They now represent everyone except American citizens. All they have is gimmicks to get re-elected. Biden already released 50 million barrels from the Strategic Oil reserves that did literally nothing. Now they are talking about a "Gas Tax Holiday" no doubt to be deployed only in swing states.

I'm so old I remember when Democrats were a viable American Party that represented the American worker. What the heck has happened to them? They now represent everyone except American citizens. All they have is gimmicks to get re-elected. Biden already released 50 million barrels from the Strategic Oil reserves that did literally nothing. Now they are talking about a "Gas Tax Holiday" no doubt to be deployed only in swing states.

MM, the DNC party has been hijacked by the statist lefties & their "One World Without Borders" religion.

Well, now that you mention it, there is probably around 620 Million barrels, in Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and it has been tapped in years past by Republicans as often as democrats or more. I don't see it happening, though it could have a big impact. I don't see it happening as the economy isn't failing, and US petroleum companies are making money hand over fist at the supply rate they want to supply at present cost/price point, and European countries are buying like hell (some benefit to balance of trade) for us as one of, if not the world's largest supplier. I haven't heard of the Europeans or the Japanese tapping their reserves, yet but could have missed it.

I cannot see a gas tax holiday making a dent unless it is a gas tax long term moratorium and that ain't happening by either party.

Your idiotic policies have nearly doubled the price of gasoline, and your best response is to propose cutting the price by 19¢.

Crumbs, Nancy.......crumbs.
You are right. Just read fed gas tax has been stuck at 18.4 cents/gallon since the 90s. State is where the real tax money is, ranging from 10 cents to 60 cents per gallon from state to state. The fed tax being peanuts compared to the problem.

Maybe he should bail out the farmers 3 times...that seemed to have worked for the blob.... oh wait.

The price of gas is pretty much where it was before Trump's attempted covid holocaust.... supply chain issues are being worked out...and we're back to the same dysfunctional government we all know and loathe.

Well, now that you mention it, there is probably around 620 Million barrels, in Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and it has been tapped in years past by Republicans as often as democrats or more. I don't see it happening, though it could have a big impact. I don't see it happening as the economy isn't failing, and US petroleum companies are making money hand over fist at the supply rate they want to supply at present cost/price point, and European countries are buying like hell (some benefit to balance of trade) for us as one of, if not the world's largest supplier. I haven't heard of the Europeans or the Japanese tapping their reserves, yet but could have missed it.

I cannot see a gas tax holiday making a dent unless it is a gas tax long term moratorium and that ain't happening by either party.
The only way it would really register is if it were to go from Memorial Day to Labor Day or something like that. The grocery store near my condo that sells gas raised their price from 3.38 to 3.55 in one day. Taxes didn't do that...speculation did. However, if you go through 40-80 gallons a week like some folks do and you lower it $0.20 a gallon or so over 4 months or whatever...you're talking about some savings there. Not enough to really change one's life but some money.

The only way it would really register is if it were to go from Memorial Day to Labor Day or something like that. The grocery store near my condo that sells gas raised their price from 3.38 to 3.55 in one day. Taxes didn't do that...speculation did. However, if you go through 40-80 gallons a week like some folks do and you lower it $0.20 a gallon or so over 4 months or whatever...you're talking about some savings there. Not enough to really change one's life but some money.
$3.39 at Kroger today, but I got 20 cents off, shopping at Kroger to take it down to $3.09 and felt lucky I didn't pay even more.

I don't see the Fed or any of the states putting a 4-month-long moratorium on their gas tax money. Change of season will have an effect and use of part of the strategic petroleum reserves would have an effect, although release is release to the open market not a domestic market, so after it is processed the effect would be somewhat diluted by present high demand internationally.

They were never that...they just had control of the 3 television networks, and the newspapers....

All of that is true but the point is, Biden and The Democrats are not doing these things to improve the economy. They are doing them as a gimmick to improve their chances in November.

All of that is true but the point is, Biden and The Democrats are not doing these things to improve the economy. They are doing them as a gimmick to improve their chances in November.
Oh, I knew that was the point, but that has always been a major component of those type things by either party, so nothing new or shocking. Makes me think what is the point to thinking you have a point.

Forum List

Back