Gang of youths assault marine

Thank you and I agree on most of that, except on the idea of their mommies not enforcing 'no'.

They're dead by police bullets because their mommies weren't there to say no, and many mommies and daddies didn't care anyway.

In defense of poor American mommies, many were forced to work, along with the daddies because there was no decent minimum wage laws.

Are you one of the very wealthy? Maybe that's the reason for your opinions?
I grew up dirt poor. My mom and dad had no trouble saying 'no' and had no trouble enforcing it.

Caring provides emotional support and nurturing for a child and discipline guides and teaches children about appropriate behavior and essential life skills. While they complement each other, how can you care about your child and not guide and teach them responsibility, boundaries, and life consequences for poor decisions?

Care to use any other logical fallacies?
The operative words are, how can you care.

I covered that issue of caring. Maybe you're not paying attention.

I've stimulated the conversation, so take it away yourselves.

I don't think they were in uniform. Looks like they walked into a crowd of rowdy-ass youths and then stupidly got into an escalating conflict with them. In no way defending the punks who attacked them but looks like there was a fair amount of stupid to go around, at least based on what I saw.

The operative words are, how can you care.

I covered that issue of caring. Maybe you're not paying attention.

I've stimulated the conversation, so take it away yourselves.
You've not stimulated the conversation, you've pulled the seagull methodology where you squawked, swooped down, shit on everything and are now flying off; regardless, you're using 'care' in a very ambiguous manner, and care does not equal discipline.

Carry on.

Last edited:
I don't think they were in uniform. Looks like they walked into a crowd of rowdy-ass youths and then stupidly got into an escalating conflict with them. In no way defending the punks who attacked them but looks like there was a fair amount of stupid to go around, at least based on what I saw.
Both you and White6 have it the closest so far.

But my interest is in pointing out that this sort of behaviour has become the norm in America now.

And I suspect that the respect for the military is on the decline on account of 'Woke'.

From my Canadian POV, l have little respect for our military fighting in foreign lands for the wrong reasons. I blame the politicians for putting them there but I also blame them for putting themselves in a position in which they have no choice but to obey criminal orders.

Both you and White6 have it the closest so far.

But my interest is in pointing out that this sort of behaviour has become the norm in America now.

Well assault/battery is an everyday occurrence here and has been for as long as I can remember. I don't really think this attack in particular is indicative of lack of respect for the military, just a lack of respect for people period. I have encountered groups of rowdy teens before and it's best just to keep on walking because if they're out looking for shit to start, the worst thing to do is to oblige them.

And I suspect that the respect for the military is on the decline on account of 'Woke'.

If there's a decline in respect toward the military, I haven't seen it. If that's happening, I suspect it's probably part of a greater trend of a increasingly negative attitudes toward all public institutions. The police are going through the same thing. Teachers surely are. Doctors. Lawyers - okay, nobody ever respected them, lol. But I think there's a general hostility toward institutions, authority figures, people with any kind of power and status. There's a more generalized social breakdown that's happening, I think. The military unfortunately isn't immune from it.

I do believe there is a growing disrespect for authority by those under forty.

A young woman was mishandling some merchandise at Smith's, and was told to put it back. She snarled, "I don't have to do what you tell me!"

She went ballistic when informed that the police were on the way to get her for vandalism and trespassing.

I left at that point.

They FAFO'd against an entire group of teens. Oops.

That's your take?

He claimed that he and his buddies, enjoying time off from Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, only asked the teens to stop lighting fireworks after a piece of debris hit him in the face.

“They were being belligerent, they were being obnoxious and annoying other people, so I went up to them and told them to stop,” he said.

.................The military unfortunately isn't immune from it.
You also said:
"...............
I don't really think this attack in particular is indicative of lack of respect for the military,
I think that you're interested in pursuing the question on lack of respect for the military. The point you've made is that respect for everything and everybody is on the decline.

It's wrong to 'respect' when respect is not due. This is true for parents who don't deserve respect from their children. This is true for the military who don't deserve respect from civilians.

Again, I think we're defining the meaning of 'Woke'.

The behaviour of Americans, especially on Jan.6 might be said by Trump's supporters to be 'Woke' behaviour, in that they decided to not take it anymore.

Or the behaviour of the Democrat politicians who brought the Jan.6 panel, could also be them saying that they won't take it anymore.

You can choose which one applies the best.

But the important point being that Americans understand that 'Woke' means that they won't take it anymore.

That's your take?

He claimed that he and his buddies, enjoying time off from Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, only asked the teens to stop lighting fireworks after a piece of debris hit him in the face.

“They were being belligerent, they were being obnoxious and annoying other people, so I went up to them and told them to stop,” he said.
Yes that is exactly my take. His situational awareness was terrible. One marine charges a kid who took a swing at him, not realizing the rest of the teenagers would F him up.

I was in college and tried to stop a fight once in LA Basin between two teens surrounded by a bunch of others. One entire group jumped me. That was the last time I was unarmed.

Needed more belt-fed.
See? That's you suggesting how you have become 'Woke'.

You're saying that it's time to bring out the guns and deal with America's problem.

But you still don't want to commit to the suggestion in plain words. Instead you make a point of telling us of another gun you pretend to have bought.

See? That's you suggesting how you have become 'Woke'.

You're saying that it's time to bring out the guns and deal with America's problem.

But you still don't want to commit to the suggestion in plain words. Instead you make a point of telling us of another gun you pretend to have bought.
Nope, don't have a belt-fed.

This works too......I kinda-sorta have one of those.

spines.jpg

Thank you and I agree on most of that, except on the idea of their mommies not enforcing 'no'.

They're dead by police bullets because their mommies weren't there to say no, and many mommies and daddies didn't care anyway.

In defense of poor American mommies, many were forced to work, along with the daddies because there was no decent minimum wage laws.

Are you one of the very wealthy? Maybe that's the reason for your opinions?
There was a time when a good parentage of nuclear families had one person employed in the home. All of the social agendas and foreign entanglement deals ended that.

Marines never retreat. But they may fall back to a more advantageous posture ruin when circumstances warrant it.
Sometimes a tactical advance to the rear, is strategically beneficial, dramatically more beneficial than allowing a three-man team to become decisively engaged against and enemy with a 13:1 numeric superiority. You can often handle 3:1, 5:1 or greater in a prepared defense, but on a hasty defense, there is not much future in the maneuver accept as a delay (sacrifice) for follow on forces to come in from flank, to join or take over the attack.

Yes that is exactly my take. His situational awareness was terrible. One marine charges a kid who took a swing at him, not realizing the rest of the teenagers would F him up.

I was in college and tried to stop a fight once in LA Basin between two teens surrounded by a bunch of others. One entire group jumped me. That was the last time I was unarmed.
Naturally, the liberal ^^^ blames the victim instead of the animals who attack.

These kids have missed the discipline they sorely needed growing up, and now, thanks to the coddling of criminals and the anti-cop rampage by Democrats, they have no fear of being shitheads. Round them all up, and put each one in prison for assault and battery - with any with prior arrests getting longer sentences.

Forum List

Back