Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data

Just as I thought.

Gallup, which unlike the BLS, does not fudge, Birth/Die, or seasonally adjust its data, has just released its most recent (un)employment data.

Underemployment, a measure that combines the percentage of workers who are unemployed with the percentage working part time but wanting full-time work, is 18.4% in mid-December, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment. This is up slightly from 18.1% at the end of November and similar to the 18.5% of a year ago.

crakiic0ee-bhhegb3jjmg.gif

Gallup Finds Unemployment Rises For Fourth Week In A Row, Cautions On BLS Data | ZeroHedge
Just the fact's ma'am

You guys still playing with your own facts?

:eusa_boohoo:

Economy

The U.S. economy entered an economic downturn in the summer of 1981 following the passage of the president's tax and budget proposals. Bond traders began unloading U.S. Treasuries in August 2001 and the collapse of bond prices was quickly followed by a decline in stock prices. Unemployment swelled to more than 10 percent of the workforce. Over the eight years of the Reagan administration unemployment averaged more than 7.5 percent - a full percentage point above the average of the previous administration.

The public debt increased by 178 percent between fiscal 1981 and fiscal 1989

------------

Memories – Unemployment During the Reagan Years
Posted by PGL | 3/24/2006 03:54:00 PM
Reagan isn't President, idiot. Nor is he running again.

This thread is about Obama's economic failure.

You're searching everywhere for anything that confirms what you want to be true, while dismissing anything that shows the economy is improving.

Why?
To realize a perceived political advantage, of course.

There are a significant number of republicans and conservatives who actually hope the economy worsens and millions of Americans continue to suffer only to ‘get rid of Obama.’
Obama needs no help worsening the economy.

The BLS ALSO believes that the underemployed and no-longer even trying to find work numbers are in the 18-20% range.

So I don't see why any of us think the Gallop Poll is any big deal.

the government has been telling us essantially the same thing for quite some time.

No they havent.
They are making the people find that out on their own.
Yes, they dont hide that information...they simply dont announce it.I have told my children over the years that NOT telling us something we should know and forcing us to find out on our own is no different than lying to us.

For me to ask my son if he has any parking tickets and for him to say know and not tell me of his traffic tickets is the same thing as lying....even though I did not ask him specifically if he has any traffic tickets.

Not only is the above idiotic, it's also not true.

The BLS releases all the data:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
Got a link to a media story with those unflattering numbers?

No?

Then you proved Jarhead right.

No they havent.
Yes, they dont hide that information...they simply dont announce it.I have told my children over the years that NOT telling us something we should know and forcing us to find out on our own is no different than lying to us.

For me to ask my son if he has any parking tickets and for him to say know and not tell me of his traffic tickets is the same thing as lying....even though I did not ask him specifically if he has any traffic tickets.

No?

Yes. He ignored the part where I said "they dont hide it, they simply dont announce it"

And since most people go by what theyhear on the news...and the administration is well aware of this......they announce what they want the people to hear and dont announce what the people will not want to hear.

And that was the point I was making.

Just the fact's ma'am

Economy

The U.S. economy entered an economic downturn in the summer of 1981 following the passage of the president's tax and budget proposals. Bond traders began unloading U.S. Treasuries in August 2001 and the collapse of bond prices was quickly followed by a decline in stock prices. Unemployment swelled to more than 10 percent of the workforce. Over the eight years of the Reagan administration unemployment averaged more than 7.5 percent - a full percentage point above the average of the previous administration.

------------

So any GOP candidate who invokes Reagan, or Reaganomics, as a selling point is an idiot.

Got it.

No they havent.
Yes, they dont hide that information...they simply dont announce it..
Yes, they do. Here's the Employment Situation News Release
The numbers for part time for economic reasons, marginally attached, discouraged, basic demographics, reason for unemployment, duration of unemployment are all there in the summary and all the details in the tables.

The NEWS MEDIA doesn't announce everything, but that's not BLS not announcing things.

Do you have a link opf ANY of the administration memebers publically offering the information up?

Or must one know how to find it on the internet to get the infdormation.

Is it difficult to do? No.

But that was my point. They let us find it...but they dont tell us straight forward...which was my point.
Well, let's see which side takes advantage of that fact. CON$ are claiming that if the discouraged workers were added in the rate would be 11%. BLS releases that rate as the U4 rate, which for November is 8.9% unadjusted like Gallup and 9.3% adjusted.

This was already posted in this thread and is widely cited by nearly every CON$ervative in the echo chamber:

Can America regain most dynamic labour market mantle? - FT.com

Last month, unemployment fell from 9 per cent to 8.6 per cent. On the surface, this looked like a welcome leap in job creation. In reality, more than half of the fall was accounted for by a decrease in the numbers “actively seeking” work. The 315,000 who dropped out of the labour market far exceeded the 120,000 new jobs. According to government statistics, if the same number of people were seeking work today as in 2007, the jobless rate would be 11 per cent.

The CON$ go on to claim that all those who dropped out of the labor force are discouraged workers, but in reality they are a very small number. The majority are Boomers retiring.

The point is, if the stats are hard to find, CON$ see that as a license to exaggerate to the point of lying.

Here are all of the BLS unemployment classifications which they publish regularly and were easily accessible to Mr Luce of the Right Wing Extremist "Financial Times."

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

you could have easily said..."that is not true".....the "idiotic" part is childish.

I have never referred to any of your posts as idiotic...even though I have been able to prove them worng, inaccurate, or spin.

Grow up. You and I will likely have some interesting debates.

By the way...thanks for the correction.

Ok. That's not true. Now tell us all why you posted something as fact that was easily researched to be proven not true.

I posted my perception.

Why?

Becuase I watch ABC Nightly News and I watch Fox News. And netiher reported what was in the link you offered.

So I erred...althouhgh...I will tell you....

I made it clear that they DONT HIDE IT....they just dont report it in press conferences or releases......

In other words...I would have to look for the information to get it.

So what I said was not so idiotic. Not everyone runs to "links" to see if there is information the Administration is not releasing in their press releases.

What I linked to was BLS NEWS RELEASE. jeezus christ.

No?

Yes. He ignored the part where I said "they dont hide it, they simply dont announce it"

And since most people go by what theyhear on the news...and the administration is well aware of this......they announce what they want the people to hear and dont announce what the people will not want to hear.

The news organizations get the BLS news releases you idiot.

No?

The news organizations get the BLS news releases you idiot.

Child. Need to act like a child. Go for it.
I know they do, child. But they dont report it, Child.
So you see, child......the administration is aware of this, child...becuase they monitor all of the news agencies, child.
So they release it, child, knowing it will not be reported, child.
Which is exactly my point, child.

Just the fact's ma'am

Economy

------------

So any GOP candidate who invokes Reagan, or Reaganomics, as a selling point is an idiot.

Got it.

Are you aware that children refer to those that disagree with them as idiots?

No?

But they DO announce it...."they" being the people responsible for the report.

And since most people go by what theyhear on the news.
That's on them and the news...
and the administration is well aware of this......they announce what they want the people to hear and dont announce what the people will not want to hear.

Wrong. The news release is given to the media. The press release restates the summary, which includes the data you're claiming isn't announced. The Commissioner's report to Congress has all the details.

I'm baffled as to who "they" are that you think should be stating information that has already been publically released is. What is the administration (any administration) not doing? You think an additional press announcement that duplicates the original is needed? I'm not sure what you think should be done by anyone besides the news outlets. Blame them if you think they're not reporting the full news release they have access to.

No?

You made it well. He refuses to acknowledge your point because he refuses to criticize The Lightbringer.

Just the fact's ma'am

Economy

------------

Got it.

Why are you stacking the deck? You must have seen this story:

Say Anything » Obama: Ronald Reagan Would Have Supported My Tax Hikes On The Rich » Say Anything

Ok. That's not true. Now tell us all why you posted something as fact that was easily researched to be proven not true.

I posted my perception.

Why?

Becuase I watch ABC Nightly News and I watch Fox News. And netiher reported what was in the link you offered.

I made it clear that they DONT HIDE IT....they just dont report it in press conferences or releases......

So what I said was not so idiotic. Not everyone runs to "links" to see if there is information the Administration is not releasing in their press releases.

Then you shouldn't have any trouble finding a media outlet publicizing that release, huh?

No?

You made it well. He refuses to acknowledge your point because he refuses to criticize The Lightbringer.

Man, that really stepped on Carby's toes. He negged me. :rofl:

I posted my perception.

Why?

Then you shouldn't have any trouble finding a media outlet publicizing that release, huh?

Why? The charge was that the BLS didn't publicize the data.

Do you have a link opf ANY of the administration memebers publically offering the information up?

Or must one know how to find it on the internet to get the infdormation.

Is it difficult to do? No.

But that was my point. They let us find it...but they dont tell us straight forward...which was my point.

The agency involved (BLS) puts it out in its public news release which you can subscribe to. Why would anyone else, who is simply referencing the report, have any obligation to reiterate the entire contents?

They dont.
Which is my point.

Dam sure they would if it were positive news for the administration.
And that too is my point.

You said Fox News didn't report it.

So your contention is that Fox News, by not reporting certain numbers from the depths of the BLS news release,

is biased in favor of Obama.

You're making idiots look smart.

Man, that really stepped on Carby's toes. He negged me. :rofl:

When you lie about me you get negged.

Forum List

Back