Gabby Petito story...the Media IS racist...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Pretty white girl missing...top headline news for a week...

...not "in the news"...top of my news feed for a week...multiple articles top of the page...

Why does the MSM do this?

For the money...for the clicks...to get eyes on their page...not to help...because if it was to help...they'd do it for EVERYONE.

The News media in our country is garbage.

Is there a case were a missing minority girl was ignored?
You serious?

And that's just New York and New Jersey.

Here's the thing: News functions on a "if it bleeds, it leads" basis. And unfortunately from time to time you have these abduction or murder cases make the headlines, regardless of race, creed or color.

BUT

There is a consistent bent within our media to highlight and hyper emphasize such cases that involve relatively young white women, while "minority" women get much less sensationalized coverage.

Case in point: the infamous "Central Park Five" case in NYC. White, female Yuppie raped and brutalized and left for dead in Central Park....the culprits profiled as a gang of black youths rampaging (aka "wilding") through the park. Incident made NATIONAL news media for WEEKS on end.

BUT

At the same time, about 5 city blocks away in a predominantly black neighborhood, a serial rapist had racked up at least 5 victims, the profile being a black male around 30 years of age. That barely got a few inches in the LOCAL newspapers only.

Similar stories and incidents can be still seen today.

Here's the thing: News functions on a "if it bleeds, it leads" basis. And unfortunately from time to time you have these abduction or murder cases make the headlines, regardless of race, creed or color.

BUT

There is a consistent bent within our media to highlight and hyper emphasize such cases that involve relatively young white women, while "minority" women get much less sensationalized coverage.

Case in point: the infamous "Central Park Five" case in NYC. White, female Yuppie raped and brutalized and left for dead in Central Park....the culprits profiled as a gang of black youths rampaging (aka "wilding") through the park. Incident made NATIONAL news media for WEEKS on end.

BUT

At the same time, about 5 city blocks away in a predominantly black neighborhood, a serial rapist had racked up at least 5 victims, the profile being a black male around 30 years of age. That barely got a few inches in the LOCAL newspapers only.

And BLM goes after cops!

She has been found dead
I think we all knew that was how it was going to turn out... tragic.

Doesn't impact the topic of the thread at all though.

The News Media will write more articles and broadcast breaking news and get more clicks and make more cash off of her death and continue to ignore missing People of Color...because they can't make enough money on those stories to make it worth their while.

Which brings us right back on topic... The MSM is racist garbage.

BUT

BUT

Natalie Holloway, Lacy Peterson, Holly Bobo, Madeleine McCann, Elizabeth Smart, Jean Benet Ramsey(sp?), Gabby Petito...

Those are the ones I can name from memory...but I cannot recall a single Black or Latina missing person that garnered this level of news coverage.

What other explanation can there be other than the news media is racist?

TheDefiantOne said:

BUT

BUT

And BLM goes after cops!
you're response makes no sense. Please elaborate in relation to my post.

Is there a case were a missing minority girl was ignored?

Yes.

A disgusting amount of them, in fact.

That's part of how so many serial killers are able to stay under the radar. They often choose women on the sidelines. They enjoy much more freedom to murder by picking hookers, drug addicts and minorities. The media helps them kill more than if they chose a pretty white girl.

you're response makes no sense. Please elaborate in relation to my post.
The lives of the missing blacks does not matter to the MSM. Where is BLM on this?

BLM and others have been demonizing the police over the past few years resulting in the Ferguson Effect, hince a greater number of blacks die due to violent crime. BLM is counter productive.

The lives of the missing blacks does not matter to the MSM. Where is BLM on this?

BLM and others have been demonizing the police over the past few years resulting in the Ferguson Effect, hince a greater number of blacks die due to violent crime. BLM is counter productive.
1. Since BLM focus is on the constant rash of innocent or minor offense black folk getting killed by cops using deadly and unnecessary force, you would have to ask them their position on this topic. Check their site.

2. contrary to your summation: The "Ferguson effect," a theory that’s warping the American crime debate, explained

My previous post/example stands valid. if you can disprove THAT, then please proceed.

1. Since BLM focus is on the constant rash of innocent or minor offense black folk getting killed by cops using deadly and unnecessary force, you would have to ask them their position on this topic. Check their site.

2. contrary to your summation: The "Ferguson effect," a theory that’s warping the American crime debate, explained

My previous post/example stands valid. if you can disprove THAT, then please proceed.
I did not say your previous post was not valid. I agree that if it bleeds,it leads when it comes to the media. My point with BLM is that it results in a net loss of black lives. They are chasing after the wrong perceived problem despite of any individual good intentions.

I did not say your previous post was not valid. I agree that if it bleeds,it leads when it comes to the media. My point with BLM is that it results in a net loss of black lives. They are chasing after the wrong perceived problem despite of any individual good intentions.
Essentially you're trying to conflate your obvious dislike for BLM with the OP subject, and that dog of yours won't fly.

You don't like BLM and want to blame them for something, fine. Start another thread. But you can't blame them for a congenital bias in media coverage regarding what race gets priority coverage. If that's your goal, then you're just trolling.

Essentially you're trying to conflate your obvious dislike for BLM with the OP subject, and that dog of yours won't fly.

You don't like BLM and want to blame them for something, fine. Start another thread. But you can't blame them for a congenital bias in media coverage regarding what race gets priority coverage. If that's your goal, then you're just trolling.
No need for me to start another thread because I made my point. My point is fits in this thread because the media obviously cares when a pretty white girl goes missing much much more than when a black girl (or boy) goes missing. And this doesn't seem to matter to a group called Black Lives Matter.

And that's all I have to say about that in this thread.

Forum List

Back