Future of Obamacare

I really hope Obamacare is dismantled and replaced with something better. I had some hopes for it when it was created but it was rammed through Congress and signed by Obama without ironing out all the details. It's been a mess, insurance premiums are going up like crazy and companies are dropping coverage. This won't go down in history as one of Obama's great achievements.

I really hope Obamacare is dismantled and replaced with something better. I had some hopes for it when it was created but it was rammed through Congress and signed by Obama without ironing out all the details. It's been a mess, insurance premiums are going up like crazy and companies are dropping coverage. This won't go down in history as one of Obama's great achievements.
He had some achievements?

His hair turned grey while in office....

Sure he did. His biggest accomplishment was the extermination of Osama Bin Laden. I wasn't crazy about Obama as president but at least give credit to where credit is due.

Sure he did. His biggest accomplishment was the extermination of Osama Bin Laden. I wasn't crazy about Obama as president but at least give credit to where credit is due.
I don't think he was the trigger man on that one.

Did barry fast rope into the compound from hillary's broom?

An analysis of Trump's plan by The Commonwealth Fund estimates it would increase the number of people who lack health insurance by as many as 25 million, and increase the federal budget by as much as $41 billion. That's because much of Trump's plan involves giving tax breaks to encourage people to buy insurance while taking away the requirement to buy insurance — a mandate embedded in Obamacare.

Even if Trump fails to repeal the law, Frakt says, he could easily destroy it from within by refusing to fund it through the budget process.

"The only thing stopping that is, it's a big deal to throw millions of people off insurance without offering something in return," Frakt says.

If Trump is right that his health savings accounts are a good enough replacement, then he'll be able to get rid of Obamacare through a vote or through neglect.

Forum List

Back