Fusion? I've got a better idea...

Samofvt

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2021
Perhaps the reason fusion is so elusive is that we are not ready for it? Maybe God thinks we should do some more learning first. Maybe we should let Him take care of fusing atoms.

Instead, let's think about what we do know a little about - fission

What if we learn to split lighter-weight atoms instead of heavy, radioactive ones? Maybe something that would yield the life-giving C-12 atom as a by-product?

Stupid, I know. Go ahead and throw rotten eggs.

There are alternate reactor designs that could do pretty good in the short term but the payoff for fusion is perhaps the survival of the human race. If it takes 50 years it's worth the investment.

Perhaps the reason fusion is so elusive is that we are not ready for it? Maybe God thinks we should do some more learning first. Maybe we should let Him take care of fusing atoms.

Instead, let's think about what we do know a little about - fission

What if we learn to split lighter-weight atoms instead of heavy, radioactive ones? Maybe something that would yield the life-giving C-12 atom as a by-product?

Stupid, I know. Go ahead and throw rotten eggs.
Radioactive elements are easy to split for fission since they do it naturally. Light ones are too stable to be useful. Anyway, that is my understanding.

Forum List

Back