Fury vs. Wilder

931A02CF-9E0C-41F4-ABF6-26C62D0C995E.jpeg
Lol hahah

Fury is a superstar. He took the fight to arguably the hardest puncher of all time. When Fury said before the fight he’d be fishing for a KO I didn’t believe him, but he did exactly what he said he would do. I thought Wider’s corner threw in the towel at the right time. I also believe Wilder will exercise his rematch option. He has too much heart to not to. I’d rather see Anthony Joshua vs Fury, but I’d watch Fury vs Wilder again.

Fury is a superstar. He took the fight to arguably the hardest puncher of all time. When Fury said before the fight he’d be fishing for a KO I didn’t believe him, but he did exactly what he said he would do. I thought Wider’s corner threw in the towel at the right time. I also believe Wilder will exercise his rematch option. He has too much heart to not to. I’d rather see Anthony Joshua vs Fury, but I’d watch Fury vs Wilder again.
Why not both?

New Champion Tyson Fury: “Thank you to the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...All praise be to the one and only true God, Jesus Christ... Secondly, I just want to say, big shout-out, Deontay Wilder. You know, he came here tonight, he manned up, he really did show [the] heart of a champion.”

New Champion Tyson Fury: “Thank you to the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...All praise be to the one and only true God, Jesus Christ... Secondly, I just want to say, big shout-out, Deontay Wilder. You know, he came here tonight, he manned up, he really did show [the] heart of a champion.”
Classy.

Why not both?

Hopefully, we’ll get both. What I was saying is I don’t think there’s a strong appetite to see Fury vs Wilder right now, and that the real mega fight is Fury vs AJ.

Why not both?

People will only pay for so many fights, and Fury also likely has a return date with Braun Strowman or many with Brock Lesnar as well in the WWE. I think he is going to want to keep his appearances down to just a couple per year.

If the money is available to fight Joshua, I'm sure he'll go for it, but there are other paydays out there which might be more.

Meanwhile Fury has to consider MMA options and $$$!

Fury is going to have to consider giving Braun Strowman a return match , maybe at Wrestlemania. He did beat the Monster Among Men at Crown Jewels, but it was a count out win and Braun manhandled Fury after the match. I see Tyson Fury as a modern Primo Carnera, a giant of a man tremendous in all the combat competitions
Primo Carnera sucked

He is the origin of the phrase......The bigger they are, the harder they fall

Actually the origin of the phrase was Max Baer, talking about his upcoming fight with Primo, bragging and talking shit. Sure, he was able to back it up, but the idea was to promote interest in the bout.

But Carnera was heavyweight champion, and was a quality fighter. Every fighter eventually loses if they continue to fight, the fact the Baer and Joe Louis and some others beat him doesn't mean he "sucked".

The overlooked variable and dynamic in this fight is the fact that Wilders style is that of a "head hunter".

He relied on his knockout power in order to win, and did not plan to face a fighter with a great jab, and an even better defense.

Fury executed his fight plan perfectly.

To be a truly great champion in any division, one needs to have a great jab.

The jab sets up every other punch in orthodox boxing, and Fury used it brilliantly.

He fought a great fight.

JMO

Last edited:
Why not both?

Hopefully, we’ll get both. What I was saying is I don’t think there’s a strong appetite to see Fury vs Wilder right now, and that the real mega fight is Fury vs AJ.
Wilder has to build up his cred
People will pay to see a Fury/Wilder III, but never a IV

Meanwhile Fury has to consider MMA options and $$$!

Fury is going to have to consider giving Braun Strowman a return match , maybe at Wrestlemania. He did beat the Monster Among Men at Crown Jewels, but it was a count out win and Braun manhandled Fury after the match. I see Tyson Fury as a modern Primo Carnera, a giant of a man tremendous in all the combat competitions
Primo Carnera sucked

He is the origin of the phrase......The bigger they are, the harder they fall

Actually the origin of the phrase was Max Baer, talking about his upcoming fight with Primo, bragging and talking shit. Sure, he was able to back it up, but the idea was to promote interest in the bout.

But Carnera was heavyweight champion, and was a quality fighter. Every fighter eventually loses if they continue to fight, the fact the Baer and Joe Louis and some others beat him doesn't mean he "sucked".

That’s what I said, the origin was about Carnera and proved to be true. He fell about seven times

Carnera was heavy, but was not a quality fighter. He built his record against set ups and never beat a quality heavyweight. He ended up wrestling

Forum List

Back