FTC vs Devry University

And anyone could have researched and found they (ITT & Corinthian) have had problems for over 20 years. As well as ACICS who gave them accreditation. Accreditation is given by a business. It is not a govt agency. It was it's own entity.
Obviously, I am. You aren't.
Worthless? Not worthless, unless the school they signed up for was worthless to begin with, which means they failed to do their homework to find that out before they signed. And if they were legit, the fact their doors closed does not delegitimization that degree.
And you think the tax payer, rather than the individual and the companies should get off scott free. You want to advocate all responsibility to the govt (tax payer) rather than those that are responsible. Your line of thinking is what is wrong with the world today. Hold no one responsible for their own actions. 'If you screw up the govt will bail you out'.
I'm sick of the responsible picking up the tab of the irresponsible.

And you expect people that are defrauded of money that came from the government, to pay for being pawns in a scam by publicly traded companies. Do you even understand that for-profit colleges are owned by publicly traded companies? I guarantee your opinion would change if you were being held financially responsible for tens of thousands of dollars in college loans while holding a worthless degree from a for-profit college that no longer exists.

Are you even paying attention? At all?

You are? When a college is given accreditation it means it meets GOVERNMENT standards and guidelines... it is up to the GOVERNMENT to make sure these colleges continue to meet those.

And anyone could have researched and found they (ITT & Corinthian) have had problems for over 20 years. As well as ACICS who gave them accreditation. Accreditation is given by a business. It is not a govt agency. It was it's own entity.
Worthless? Not worthless, unless the school they signed up for was worthless to begin with, which means they failed to do their homework to find that out before they signed. And if they were legit, the fact their doors closed does not delegitimization that degree.
And you expect people that are defrauded of money that came from the government, to pay for being pawns in a scam by publicly traded companies. Do you even understand that for-profit colleges are owned by publicly traded companies? I guarantee your opinion would change if you were being held financially responsible for tens of thousands of dollars in college loans while holding a worthless degree from a for-profit college that no longer exists.

You are? When a college is given accreditation it means it meets GOVERNMENT standards and guidelines... it is up to the GOVERNMENT to make sure these colleges continue to meet those.

I'm not going to repeat myself over and over here. The school was certified to receive loans for students through the government. The colleges fudged their numbers and lied to the students, and the government didn't do their job to make sure the numbers were correct. The colleges scammed the government out of money and the students were nothing but the conduits in which it all happened. The students should not be punished for that.

I'm not going to repeat myself over and over here. The school was certified to receive loans for students through the government. The colleges fudged their numbers and lied to the students, and the government didn't do their job to make sure the numbers were correct. The colleges scammed the government out of money and the students were nothing but the conduits in which it all happened. The students should not be punished for that.

Exactly!

To add, ITT and Corinthian have nothing to do with what the FTC has done to Devry. There are other class action lawsuits pending against Devry as well.

Forum List

Back