Front Cover of Thursday’s New York Post

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
EYgQ-OnWsAA_PFQ

this is spot on!

• Banned
STATEMENT FROM NEW YORK INDIE BAND THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS FRONTWOMAN KAREN O:

"In the weeks after 9/11 yeah yeah yeahs hit the stage of clubs all around the city, what came out of us wasn’t just music it was medicine for the grief and fear that blanketed the city, we played like there might not be a tomorrow and it got us through the trauma. Most people you love who play music, who love music, are going to need that medicine of live music when this passes, it’s simply a lifeline. I just got the memo that if concerts don’t resume in 2020, 90% of independent venues across America will most likely not open again. Ever. As someone who came of age performing and depending on these clubs to make a living, who’s life was forever altered by attending these clubs as an awkward teen, and as an artist who wants to continue showing up at these clubs to play the shit out of them for you our fans we’ve gotta make some noise to save our stages✊ it takes 30 seconds
let’s flood em with our support ❤❤❤ spread the word #saveourstages "

and the metalcore band Palisades:

"We have spent years of our lives playing at some of our favorite venues across the country. From our humble beginnings to just a few months ago when this pandemic began.
Most of the venues that we could call home are now at risk of closing. The staff and crews have been hit just as hard as the artists. More now than ever, we need your voice to be heard.
Head over to SaveOurStages.com to learn how to help music venues re-open when it is safe and how to help take care of the people that really make live music happen.
Make a difference.
Much love "

Last edited:
I didn't get the memo. If the small venues go out of business, they will sell out to someone else and someone else will have bands in to play sooner or later. This thing will not outlast live music. Live music will outlast this thing.

Ontario is trying to open up. There are predictions as many as 50% of businesses here are going to head to the graveyard. We are in Phase One of the recovery, but businesses aren't taking free money for wages in exchange for rehiring, and commercial landlords don't want 75% of rent, opting to grind out the businesses.

Those jurisdictions that don't accept that the risk is going to remain are going to pay a steeper price. If China doesn't pay a heavy price for this, we are all idiots.

Pence promised the corona will be over by memorial day. Trump and I are still fighting to make that happen.

i'm still fightin'

I'M STILL FIGHTIN', FOLKS!

...should've ended long ago...we needed/need to/should be smarter than a virus brain--they are very tiny

This is not a right-wing narrative.

This is an American one.

The majority of the country wants to reopen at this point.

If you want to continue to work from home, work from home.

If you want to go to the gym, go to the gym.

From San Francisco to New York City, we see photographs every weekend of countless residents - Democrat and Republican - 100% willing to put reward over risk.

But even the “experts” concede that the original purpose of this quarantine was to prevent hospitals and first responders from being overwhelmed and inundated with patients all at once.

To “flatten the curve” as they said.

But at what point did “flatten the curve” become “find the cure?”

At the end of the day, this remains a virus with a 97.8% recovery rate, a contagion rate 4x less than the measles and a morbidity rate lower than HIV.

The mainstream narrative that those who wish to return to normal are selfish, extreme, irresponsible, irrational & lawless is no longer working.

Freedom is not a punchline.

Our forefathers fought for it. Slaves died for it.

When you force Americans to make a choice...

...Freedom. Wins. Every. Time.

Forum List

Back