From where did the first living things on Earth get their DNA "blueprint"?

Von Braun was laughed at by the brightest professors when he said that it should be possible to shoot a projectile to the moon. You are going no where because you are arguing that nothing can be done, that we are doomed to die on this little speck. You have an unformed mind, the mind of a parrot
What is the cost per pound of sending a payload into space?

What is the total mass that needs to be launched into space to build and supply a colony on Mars?

NASA and the ESA are handling that

ESA Science & Technology: Mars Express

Falcon Heavy

Life is leaving you behind, try Natrol DHEA, your test is really really low
Can you show me where they claim it is a plan for colonization?

My questions still stand. What is the cost per pound of sending a payload into space?

What is the total mass that needs to be launched into space to build and supply a colony on Mars?

Mars One mission: a one-way trip to the red planet in 2024

From more than 200,000 people who hoped to leave Earth and die on Mars, only 660 remain in the running. They now face a more stringent astronaut selection process. Those who make the final cut earn a seat on the Mars One mission, a one-way trip to the red planet.

How will the astronauts be selected?

The next round involves more filmed interviews and group challenges to see how well people work together. The final selection round will follow the candidates as they cope with living in harsh, remote mocked-up Mars habitats. At the end of the process, Mars One wants six groups of four astronauts to train for the mission.

Its happening kid, you tuned out somewhere
No. It's not. It is a pipe dream. There is no commercial application to fund it. It's never going to happen.

You are in charge of nothing except BS...………….It will happen, on schedule, perhaps not, but we die as a species if we do not migrate

Von Braun was laughed at by the brightest professors when he said that it should be possible to shoot a projectile to the moon. You are going no where because you are arguing that nothing can be done, that we are doomed to die on this little speck. You have an unformed mind, the mind of a parrot

Falcon Heavy

Transportation costs alone could total over $100 billion before the first Mars mission in 2035. A ballpark cost of the first Mars mission in 2035 would total $230 billion. Second and subsequent missions, occurring at three-year intervals, would cost about $142 billion each including SLS and Orion costs. Mind you this is not the cost to colonize that. That could would be in the hundreds of trillions.

Op-ed | Mars for Only $1.5 Trillion

Columbus had to get funding as well...………...He got it because exploration is not in our genes, it is our genes
Not going to happen.
It's happening, no old farts will be in attendance, that includes me

Information does not travel by itself. It needs a carrier. How will a piece of information travel from point A to point B? We have been using electromagnetic wave to carry information from point A to point B for quite sometime now. A message traveling at the speed of electromagnetic wave is the fastest transmission mechanism we have so far. Quantum entanglement has potential to provide a way for instant communication sometime in future. And yes, it does contradict Einstein's general theory of relativity. This is nothing new. As a matter of fact what we call quantum entanglement is a product of thought experiment proposed by Einstein to address criticisms coming from then newly emerging field of quantum mechanics; he called it spooky action at a distance. However, interestingly enough, experiments carried out later proved that spooky action was real. This demonstrated that Einstein's theory was not complete as it could not explain things at quantum level. Similarly, quantum mechanics fails to explain things that are massive and far. This is why we have been searching for a single theory that will explain our universe. At the moment, we need two theories to explain our universe: quantum theory and relativity theory. I personally think that string theory will one day ultimately explain our universe precisely -- hopefully.

Information does not travel by itself. It needs a carrier. How will a piece of information travel from point A to point B? We have been using electromagnetic wave to carry information from point A to point B for quite sometime now. A message traveling at the speed of electromagnetic wave is the fastest transmission mechanism we have so far. Quantum entanglement has potential to provide a way for instant communication sometime in future. And yes, it does contradict Einstein's general theory of relativity. This is nothing new. As a matter of fact what we call quantum entanglement is a product of thought experiment proposed by Einstein to address criticisms coming from then newly emerging field of quantum mechanics; he called it spooky action at a distance. However, interestingly enough, experiments carried out later proved that spooky action was real. This demonstrated that Einstein's theory was not complete as it could not explain things at quantum level. Similarly, quantum mechanics fails to explain things that are massive and far. This is why we have been searching for a single theory that will explain our universe. At the moment, we need two theories to explain our universe: quantum theory and relativity theory. I personally think that string theory will one day ultimately explain our universe precisely -- hopefully.
You are wrong because quantum teleportation, entanglement has already carried information.

Schrödinger's Cat Comes into View with Strange Physics

Falcon Heavy

My questions still stand. What is the cost per pound of sending a payload into space?

From more than 200,000 people who hoped to leave Earth and die on Mars, only 660 remain in the running. They now face a more stringent astronaut selection process. Those who make the final cut earn a seat on the Mars One mission, a one-way trip to the red planet.

The next round involves more filmed interviews and group challenges to see how well people work together. The final selection round will follow the candidates as they cope with living in harsh, remote mocked-up Mars habitats. At the end of the process, Mars One wants six groups of four astronauts to train for the mission.

No. It's not. It is a pipe dream. There is no commercial application to fund it. It's never going to happen.

You are in charge of nothing except BS...………….It will happen, on schedule, perhaps not, but we die as a species if we do not migrate
Then we will die as a species.

You are wrong because quantum teleportation, entanglement has already carried information.

You are mixing things up. You are mixing the phenomenon of quantum entanglement and its potential to provide an EFFECTIVE communication medium that will replace existing communication systems that harness electromagnetic wave.

You are mixing things up. You are mixing the phenomenon of quantum entanglement and its potential to provide an EFFECTIVE communication medium that will replace existing communication systems that harness electromagnetic wave.
I am not mixing anything up as I never said that entanglement was a useful data transfer medium at present. I said that information had already been sent using the process, and it has

Here is the information sent as the form of a cat

83007.jpg

Falcon Heavy

Then we will die as a species.

Your mind is already long dead

I am not mixing anything up as I never said that entanglement was a useful data transfer medium at present. I said that information had already been sent, as in the past tense.

I was talking about an effective communication medium. As of now, our fastest options are electromagnetic wave or electrical conduction. Anyway, I am not sure if you noticed it, my post was in support of the notion that neither relativity theory nor quantum mechanics can explain our universe on its own; this notion by the way is not disputed by any credible scientist. So I am not sure what you are arguing against.

I am not mixing anything up as I never said that entanglement was a useful data transfer medium at present. I said that information had already been sent, as in the past tense.

I was talking about an effective communication medium. As of now, our fastest options are electromagnetic wave or electrical conduction. Anyway, I am not sure if you noticed it, my post was in support of the notion that neither relativity theory nor quantum mechanics can explain our universe on its own which by the way is not in dispute by any credible scientist. So I am not sure what you are arguing against.
I am saying that entanglement is possible and has been demonstrated, this alone if found to be instantaneous as some say would require a major update to physical laws. Including special relativity

I was talking about an effective communication medium. As of now, our fastest options are electromagnetic wave or electrical conduction. Anyway, I am not sure if you noticed it, my post was in support of the notion that neither relativity theory nor quantum mechanics can explain our universe on its own which by the way is not in dispute by any credible scientist. So I am not sure what you are arguing against.
I am saying that entanglement is possible and has been demonstrated, this alone if found to be instantaneous as some say would require a major update to physical laws. Including special relativity

Who is disputing that?

(I think you meant to say: it would require a major update in our understanding of laws of physics. Because, we humans cannot update the laws of physics. We can only update our understanding of laws of physics. This has already happened. That is the reason people are working on things like string theory.)

Last edited:

Who is disputing that?

(I think you meant to say: it would require a major update in our understanding of laws of physics. Because, we humans cannot update the laws of physics. We can only update our understanding of laws of physics. This has already happened. That is the reason people are working on things like string theory.)
Current physics can not explain entanglement, oddly enough quantum systems are being created today using what is not understood, dark matter is also required for the cosmological equation or the universe can not be expanding at a faster rate over time. There is actually no way to update something that is currently unknown

I don't think we'll ever become multiplanetary, but will be extinct before then possibly 2060.
We are multiplaniary. Always were

You are making things up in your head. We've never colonized on another planet. Visiting the moon and living there are two different things. As I stated, the best we can do is live in space stations for now.

Look at it this way, instead of sticking your head in the past like every other genius professor that will not accept the truth, look to the future. Mars is a planet, we will be there soon in Earth time. Once a human walks on Mars, Mars is being visited by God as the human race is now colonizing another planet. The people who believe in God actually believe nothing more then this.

And so you know, that is just how life got here, but you go on believing that your family crawled out of Darwins fictional mud puddle if you so choose

I'm trying to explain to you that life is really, really, really difficult outside of Earth. Let's say we get you and a hundred people enough clean air, clean water and tasty food to survive on the moon. It will still be difficult. I'm not belittling human ingenuity, so they may be able to make it work. Other nations besides the US are trying to make money going to the moon. They may set up a refuel station for the space stations. Maybe Musk will have a space shuttle to and from the moon. I have no idea why people would want to go there though. Don't get me wrong, we need our little moon and it's great up there to look at from Earth, but it's just a big hunk of rock to visit that gets hits by a lot of meteors. If it was worthwhile, then we would've gone back there since 1969.
Life is really easy outside of Earth, there are trillions of planets similar to Earth. Currently however getting to them is not difficult it is impossible. If we built a huge spaceship to take us there, say a thousand year or more trip, the humans arriving would already be genetically changed by their DNA, the new planet would not be exactly like Earth so the DNA would change again. In fact the so called Goldilocks zone was created by the DNA that named it, and not the other way around. DNA is ridiculously easy to change, in fact it change's itself

You're just making silly assertions. We already know by the fine tuning facts that life outside of earth is rare.

There is some question whether any organisms sent to Mars would survive the trip let alone be able to exist on Mars. Human exploration is still some time away.

What we already know is that there are no living organisms on Mars today although some do not believe it. What I think NASA is trying to show now is that there were living organisms there in the past.
Mars is just a local example. The drake equation has determined that there are billions to trillions of planets just like earth out there.

As for life not surviving a space trip to Mars, that's just nonsense as life may have come to the b.c earth on meteors as one theory charges

You're wrong about what the Drake equation is. You are also wrong about colonization on Mars. It sounds like you are already changing your tune about trying to live there.

My idea of living in space is having space stations as we do now. That's one step. If you can show me that we can colonize the moon, then I'll believe someone or a creature can survive a trip from Earth to Mars. Try sending simple organisms to the moon in a self-contained living environment and see if it survives. The chances are that it won't. It won't be easy to colonize there.

You're also wrong about other planets being like Earth. There's only one.
‘Water bears’ are first animal to survive space vacuum

What happened to all the going to Mars BIG TALK stink? Now you're down to water bears haha.
I think you’re mistaking me for another poster. I never spoke of going to Mars.... My post was made in response to a claim that nothing we know of has survived open space. Tardigrades have. So I posted the study for those who might be interested. That’s it. That’s all...

My apologies.

However, my take on the article was that tardigrades could not survive exposure to unfiltered solar radiation.

Is it likely that life did NOT begin from some "primordial soup"? I think so.
So what? People think a lot of things. What all the evidence ever collected shows is that the universe is just made of physical systems operated on by natural laws. Once there was not life, and then later there was life. Therefore, life foed from deterministic, physical processes.

Just as once there was no star where our star is. Then, there was a star. There is no need to insert magical nonsense to explain this.

Quantum Quacks' Motto: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

Entanglement is the same particle passing back and forth through the underlying universe, where the maximum velocity is c^2 (a light-year in 3 minutes). This is undetectable by present measuring devices, but it is the only rational explanation.

Reason is repugnant to degenerate modern physicists. They pander to goofy nerd graduate students, who are childish misfits desperately trying to escape from a reality that would drive them to suicide if they refused to change their gutless-weakling ways.

Quantum Quacks' Motto: "If It's Weird, It's Wise"

Entanglement is the same particle passing back and forth through the underlying universe, where the maximum velocity is c^2 (a light-year in 3 minutes). This is undetectable by present measuring devices, but it is the only rational explanation.

Reason is repugnant to degenerate modern physicists. They pander to goofy nerd graduate students, who are childish misfits desperately trying to escape from a reality that would drive them to suicide if they refused to change their gutless-weakling ways.
Well that was a trip down crazy lane....

Forum List

Back