Friend invited me to go fishing

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
321956400_1808758282825683_6095078035518928204_n.jpg

long boring day.....

Bank Carp fishing rig. Looks like some sort of a Century C2 rig.

century-c2-technium-setup-300x200.jpg

I understand they use pretty much the same thing for Steelhead but given the muddy water I suspect carp.

YIKES! Why do they catch carp on purpose? If I remember right from my growing up in SD, carp are not edible, and there was some pesky law about not throwing them back or some such thing!

Meh, coons gotta eat.....I also used to feed them to the hogs and grind them up for coon bait.

Cool! Thanks.

I remember a time back in the late 80's where there was an issue of carp in Seattle's Green Lake -- people had supposedly been dumping their goldfish in the lake and they were growing HUGE! I was sitting on the shore, watching a man reeling in a fish, and it was a gigantic carp.

YIKES! Why do they catch carp on purpose? If I remember right from my growing up in SD, carp are not edible, and there was some pesky law about not throwing them back or some such thing!

A lot of times they introduce carp to a lake to control hydrilla and other aquatic plants.
They can get out of control and destroy Bass habitat though.

Bank Carp fishing rig. Looks like some sort of a Century C2 rig.

century-c2-technium-setup-300x200.jpg

I understand they use pretty much the same thing for Steelhead but given the muddy water I suspect carp.

I use similar rigs for catfish, except my rods are tilted up. I also have a bell that clips on the rod.

I set up 1 to 3 rods that I have cast bait out as far as I can throw it. Put it in these holders, with a bell. Then use an ultra light rig to fish up & down the bank for bass, bream, crappie and whatever else will bite.

I use similar rigs for catfish, except my rods are tilted up. I also have a bell that clips on the rod.

I set up 1 to 3 rods that I have cast bait out as far as I can throw it. Put it in these holders, with a bell. Then use an ultra light rig to fish up & down the bank for bass, bream, crappie and whatever else will bite.

I couldnt tell you how many of those little bells I've lost over the years.
Of course most of our catfish fishing is done at night and when you set the hook the bell goes flying into the woods never to be seen again.

I've see folks use those rigs but it just looks like a lost rod waiting to happen. You get a 30#-40# bruiser carp on the end and those reel "stops" don't look like they would hold.

I use a length of 550 cord tied to the reel base with a loop on the end I place around a stick I drive down into the bank at a rearward angle....It has saved me many a "tragic bank accident" for both carp and big cats. ;)

Forum List

Back