French send ground troops to fight ISIS ...

....is something that hasn't happend . Even though they were directly attacked by ISIS .

Yet the gop prez candidates want US troops on the ground over there !?

Are the french just cowards or smarter than your average conservative ?
You'd better just get used to the idea that we will be going to war after the election.

I understand the "devil you know" argument . But in Syria you have an organic revolution.

If Assad fails, it's unclear what happens. That is true . But he's such a douchebag!!!

There is no doubt he is evil but ISIL would overthrow any new government in a matter of minutes, and then you have a government ran by ISIL, and then countries like Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt would be next on ISIL list before going after Saudi Arabia and finally the big prize Iran...

So again leave the douche nozzle ( Assad ) in...

Also the Syrian war is the typical Proxy War if there is one, and let Russia and Iran deal with this mess and get the hell out of there!

France will attack Isis... just so they can surrender to them...

....is something that hasn't happend . Even though they were directly attacked by ISIS .

Yet the gop prez candidates want US troops on the ground over there !?

Are the french just cowards or smarter than your average conservative ?

No, they are not cowards. The French and Germans are the two largest military powers in the European Union and the French have demonstrated in the last ten years they are not afraid to put boots on the ground. These are just things that a lot of Americans don't know about because they only pay attention to American news sources.

By the way

That Syrian revolution--do you remember how it started?

Removing Assad leaves the most organized and able group to take over--that is IS

On the other hand, letting Assad remain is no different than what has happened in several other ME states in which a dictator oppresses their people. There were already several filed civil wars because of our relationship with the rulers.

I doubt the Syrian civil war is a natural evolution of that state. Nor do I think its continuation is normal--who are the rebels and where are they able to get support to fight a war for more than 2 years against Syria and their allies(Russia and Iran?). Think about it.

Forum List

Back