Free Trade or Fair Trade?

As for Asian "sweat shops" - I have anecdotal evidence (guitar factories) that don't look a lot different than our factories (or at least what they would look like if we still had them- mostly CNC controlled machines) with humans attending them- as I said, it's mostly political-

Seems to me you need to do your own due diligence
IDC- it doesn't change what I said one iota- it is NOT a gov't's job, especially our gov't to determine who you, as an individual, trade with- nor does it prove the press/media, or the gov't, don't have a political agenda- which is THE difference between you ( or me or anyone else) trading with whom we want to- for whatever reason we choose to participate or not participate-
Just admit you were wrong that sweatshops no longer exist and that human trafficking is mostly for prostitution

BUT, I do not think that either China OR the EU are willing to allow it.
Maybe, maybe not- but, the choice should be yours to make- not the gov't's-

The US is Israels bitch- so what's the difference? Bitch is bitch- correct?

I cannot set trade policy by myself.

Your deflection is noted. My point about the choice being the world's bitch or fight for our interests, stands.

Your deflection is noted. My point about the choice being the world's bitch or fight for our interests, stands.
With Free Trade, you set your own policy- you're the one deflecting- your point is, deflect- my point, in your point is, bitch is bitch

Funny how the links I posted say you are
Funny how you choose to believe what you want to believe- they don't prove shit except that an agenda is being perpetrated- maybe you should read them-

Post 20-

From YOUR link

Human Trafficking Defined:​

Under U.S. law, trafficking in persons is defined as “sex trafficking in which a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age;” or “the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery."

Human trafficking can be a transnational process where victims are recruited abroad and transported across borders into another country where they are exploited for labor and/or sex. However, human trafficking can also be a domestic phenomenon, where little or no transportation is required.

With Free Trade, you set your own policy- you're the one deflecting- your point is, deflect- my point, in your point is, bitch is bitch

BOth my points stand.

1. I cannot control trade policy by myself.

2. Free TRade is not on the table. Not really. We can either fight to protect and advance our interests or just let our trading "partners" f**k US.

As a businessman it’s both IMO.
As a business man you determine what is fair, not a gov't rife with corruption (which is ALL gov't's) - which requires co-operation (consensus between seller and producer)- not interference or control from one who feels they have the right, or authority, to tell you what country's potatoes to buy- gov't's don't produce products (potatoes or tomatoes) or services (pickers to markets) for products-
I just gave you my opinion. Do with it what you will.

Funny how the links I posted say you are
Funny how you choose to believe what you want to believe- they don't prove shit except that an agenda is being perpetrated- maybe you should read them-

Post 20-

From YOUR link

Human Trafficking Defined:​

Under U.S. law, trafficking in persons is defined as “sex trafficking in which a commercial sex act is induced by force, fraud, or coercion, or in which the person induced to perform such act has not attained 18 years of age;” or “the recruitment, harboring, transportation, provision, or obtaining of a person for labor or services, through the use of force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of subjection to involuntary servitude, peonage, debt bondage, or slavery."

Human trafficking can be a transnational process where victims are recruited abroad and transported across borders into another country where they are exploited for labor and/or sex. However, human trafficking can also be a domestic phenomenon, where little or no transportation is required.
also from the link. Funny how you didn't read the whole thing

• An estimated 24.9 million victims are trapped in modern-day slavery. Of these, 16 million (64%) were exploited for labor, 4.8 million (19%) were sexually exploited, and 4.1 million (17%) were exploited in state-imposed forced labor.
  • Forced labor takes place in many different industries. Of the 16 million trafficking victims exploited for labor
  • 7.5 million (47%) forced labor victims work in construction, manufacturing, mining, or hospitality
  • 3.8 million (24%) forced labor victims are domestic workers
  • 1.7 million (11%) forced labor victims work in agriculture
  • 71% of trafficking victims around the world are women and girls and 29% are men and boys.
  • 15.4 million victims (75%) are aged 18 or older, with the number of children under the age of 18 estimated at 5.5 million (25%).
  • The Asia-pacific region accounts for the largest number of forced laborers— 15.4 million (62% of the global total). Africa has 5.7 million (23%) followed by Europe and Central Asia with 2.2 million (9%). The Americas account for 1.2 million (5%) and the Arab States account for 1% of all victims.
  • Human trafficking does not always involve travel to the destination of exploitation: 2.2 million (14%) of victims of forced labor moved either internally or internationally, while 3.5 million (74%) of victims of sexual exploitation were living outside their country of residence.
  • Victims spend an average of 20 months in forced labor, although this varied with different forms of forced labor.

What do you advocate for? Personally, I prefer Free trade- free = unencumbered.

Free Trade Is Fair Trade

Instead of condemning free trade outright, many modern American opponents of free trade say that they have nothing against free trade as long as it is fair trade. That is true in the case of both liberals and conservatives.
"Fair" isn't free, and it's is far too subjective. For example, my version of "fair" is that everyone gives me all their money. What's yours?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
It's doesn't matter if the economy is controlled.
But it does matter when considering free trade- by definition, controlled, is encumbered- the "controlled" by the country is still controlled- controls always favor the best/different resourced- that isn't free trade-

You buy from anyone and in reverse if the price is right
Not really- if the price is right is in large part determined by who sets the price which has to reflect the cost to get the price "right"- the better/different resourced who can use the "controlled" to their advantage will win the price war-

So if your talking about government interference, check out what's happening in the country first.
I do- and it ain't free trade- which is the why I asked the question in the first place-

You can't complain about who controls what when it's happening at home. Subsidies distort prices whether controlled or not.
I wouldn't bother asking the question on here. Go to the government.

You can't complain about who controls what when it's happening at home. Subsidies distort prices whether controlled or not.
I wouldn't bother asking the question on here. Go to the government.
I'm trying real hard to wrap my head around what you're wanting to argue about- but, for the life of me I can't-

In case you weren't aware- "we the people" are supposed to control the gov't- not vice versa, which is what we have in this day and age, financed by a private entity, the fed reserve, to control the economic cycles (peaks and valleys of boom and bust cycles allegedly) that determines (controls) the value of our Fiat currency- it is a Keynesean, monetary policy theory designed for the British Monarchy, i.e., Top Down control- Reagan called it, Trickle Down economics- add to that all the rules (regulations/laws) that restrict competition, you have crony (campaign funded) capitalist monetary activity that favors one over another- it could be argued, and I will if you want to, that our entire being is diametrically opposite it's intended desire when the US was founded- refer to my first sentence- and I will, can and do argue it any fuckin place I want to- I like to inform the lesser knowledgeable, FYI- "we the people" are ill, or terribly mis informed- and congress critters (and the fed reserve and POTUS) take advantage of the nation wide ignorance-

What do you advocate for? Personally, I prefer Free trade- free = unencumbered.

Free Trade Is Fair Trade

Instead of condemning free trade outright, many modern American opponents of free trade say that they have nothing against free trade as long as it is fair trade. That is true in the case of both liberals and conservatives.

Well, I think trade should be "right". It should be done right by richer countries instead of aid, so they can encourage people in poorer countries to sell their stuff.

Well, I think trade should be "right". It should be done right by richer countries instead of aid, so they can encourage people in poorer countries to sell their stuff.
Is that how you define Fair? Or Free? Who defines "right"? You, or your gov't?

Well, fair trade isn't fair, and free trade isn't free.

Whatever "right" is, will have to be defined by someone.

Well, fair trade isn't fair, and free trade isn't free.

Whatever "right" is, will have to be defined by someone.

And you seem to presume that someone should be the government. Do you really want Trump deciding what's right for you?

Forum List

Back