Franklin Armory

Gonna be sweet with my baby.....
upload_2016-4-3_1-38-35.png

Got a link to the sales site? It looks very interesting!

Here ya go...
Binary Firing System Trigger Pack

Just put in my order fifteen minutes ago.
They have some really nice finished units for sale at good prices.
I WILL be talking to them soon. Thanks again.

I built parts for the Space Shuttle program and the Proto Type F-22 Raptor so I wont have a problem with the install or any mods needed.
I'll let you know if the average guy can do it after completion.

Here ya go...

I built parts for the Space Shuttle program and the Proto Type F-22 Raptor so I wont have a problem with the install or any mods needed.

Here ya go...

I'm thinking get in while it's legal even though they've okayed it through the BATF they could always change their mind.
My mother in law worked on the "Dinosaur Project" for Boeing, it was the lead in to the space shuttle. I don't have the machine skills for it but they do offer it installed.

I also noticed its illegal in SOME states but NOT mine.

Here ya go...

Here ya go...

I'm thinking get in while it's legal even though they've okayed it through the BATF they could always change their mind.
My mother in law worked on the "Dinosaur Project" for Boeing, it was the lead in to the space shuttle. I don't have the machine skills for it but they do offer it installed.

I also noticed its illegal in SOME states but NOT mine.

Thank God we live in the South...

With continuous automatic fire you wear out the rifling more quickly, plus you can wear out the barrel itself faster. Unless yo have a rifle, specifically built for automatic weapons fire......this little novelty item can end up costing you money in a new rifle.

Some genius will buy this, shoot full auto everyday for a year straight, brag about it to all his coworkers and friends whom will end up shooting it and then you will end up with a $1000 rifle that is a piece of junk......because the rifle got shot up.

I wont go into the bolt carrier itself, and added stresses.

You can do full auto.......but for a weapon designed and built for full auto, where the gas chamber, barrel and bolt can handle the continued stresses. Plus.....full auto heats the chamber of the weapon up considerably. In heavy machine guns.....full auto can cause a "cook off' where the chamber is so hot......the rounds go off automatically, you have to break the link in the machine gun belt to stop the weapon from firing.

Buy this, try it out for three or four mags - then put it up and shoot full auto once a year or so......OK. Continued use......No, I would not.

Full auto is a different animal than semi-auto or two round burst. Full auto is to be only employed by those whom know how to use it....because you use up alot of ammo in a short amount of time.

Full auto is for short range, they taught us in the Military - 50 yards or less, but ideally I am thinking 35 yards is optimal for full auto fire from personal weapons.

Full auto heats up the barrel, the barrel expands and the rifling does not grip the bullet as good for the "lands and grooves" to spin the bullet like a football, so accuracy is lost. So essentially all you have is a rifle with a hot barrel that is a short range shotgun.

You cannot shoot full auto, heat up the barrel, then engage threats at long range accurately - lets say past 75 yards for this scenerio.

You use full auto on bad guys close up, then you have to engage sniper - rifleman - shooter from 100 to 150 yards, forget it. You might pin them down, or put some bullets over his head - but you are shooting for nothing because your rifle is inaccurate - the rifling is not biting into the bullet good enough for accuracy : PLUS from the barrel expanding from the heat.....gases are escaping the muzzle before the bullet does or as the bullet exits the muzzle.....decreasing bullet velocity and accuracy. An inaccurate rifle makes you waste ammunition, and shoot for nothing. You run out of ammo, and get overran.....The bad guys kill you, because you did not know how to employ the weapon in your hands. You failed your lifeline.....and now you are not dead !

Money - ammo - life.

Shadow 355

With continuous automatic fire you wear out the rifling more quickly, plus you can wear out the barrel itself faster. Unless yo have a rifle, specifically built for automatic weapons fire......this little novelty item can end up costing you money in a new rifle.

Some genius will buy this, shoot full auto everyday for a year straight, brag about it to all his coworkers and friends whom will end up shooting it and then you will end up with a $1000 rifle that is a piece of junk......because the rifle got shot up.

I wont go into the bolt carrier itself, and added stresses.

You can do full auto.......but for a weapon designed and built for full auto, where the gas chamber, barrel and bolt can handle the continued stresses. Plus.....full auto heats the chamber of the weapon up considerably. In heavy machine guns.....full auto can cause a "cook off' where the chamber is so hot......the rounds go off automatically, you have to break the link in the machine gun belt to stop the weapon from firing.

Buy this, try it out for three or four mags - then put it up and shoot full auto once a year or so......OK. Continued use......No, I would not.

Full auto is a different animal than semi-auto or two round burst. Full auto is to be only employed by those whom know how to use it....because you use up alot of ammo in a short amount of time.

Full auto is for short range, they taught us in the Military - 50 yards or less, but ideally I am thinking 35 yards is optimal for full auto fire from personal weapons.

Full auto heats up the barrel, the barrel expands and the rifling does not grip the bullet as good for the "lands and grooves" to spin the bullet like a football, so accuracy is lost. So essentially all you have is a rifle with a hot barrel that is a short range shotgun.

You cannot shoot full auto, heat up the barrel, then engage threats at long range accurately - lets say past 75 yards for this scenerio.

You use full auto on bad guys close up, then you have to engage sniper - rifleman - shooter from 100 to 150 yards, forget it. You might pin them down, or put some bullets over his head - but you are shooting for nothing because your rifle is inaccurate - the rifling is not biting into the bullet good enough for accuracy : PLUS from the barrel expanding from the heat.....gases are escaping the muzzle before the bullet does or as the bullet exits the muzzle.....decreasing bullet velocity and accuracy. An inaccurate rifle makes you waste ammunition, and shoot for nothing. You run out of ammo, and get overran.....The bad guys kill you, because you did not know how to employ the weapon in your hands. You failed your lifeline.....and now you are not dead !

Money - ammo - life.

Shadow 355

Seriously?
First of all,I built the damn thing and I can fix the damn thing.
Second,it's a milspec rifle so I'm not concerned about any wear.
And what makes you think I'd that i'd run several thousand rounds through it none stop? Hell,I could burn it up in it's current configuration if I wanted to.
Stop being such a kill joy.

Seriously?
First of all,I built the damn thing and I can fix the damn thing.
Second,it's a milspec rifle so I'm not concerned about any wear.
And what makes you think I'd that i'd run several thousand rounds through it none stop? Hell,I could burn it up in it's current configuration if I wanted to.
Stop being such a kill joy.

Being educated is not supposed to make one mad.

Maybe you know everything, but what I posted....might be of interest and use to others whom read it.

No further debate. Good day.

upload_2016-4-3_9-38-32.jpeg

Shadow 355

I have no problem with this new trigger system - the ATF has given it their blessing, but I wouldn't have any use for it. I never cared for automatic weapons, too damned hard to hit much with (that and I'm not the good a marksman ;) )

But seriously, I can barely afford ammo now - can't afford to spend ten times what I'm spending now - my Wife would wear the rifle out on my head. :)

Have fun with 'em guys! I remember BCT before heading out to ROV. The M60s and the M2s were fun as hell to shoot, but (at least for me) got old as hell real quick - and the ammo was free...... :)

Forum List

Back