Fox Sports pays $3.3 Billion for Thursday Night Football rights

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
I was hoping Thursdays night game would go away. Far too often I forget and don't set my fantasy football lineup. Plus if my favorite teams (Cardinals and Browns) play on Thursday night, I miss following them on Sunday.

Fox Sports gives NFL $3.3 billion for 'Thursday Night Football' package over five years

Supplement:
Under the previous deal they got $45 million per Thursday Night Football game, under this new deal that jumps up to an average of $60 million per game.

Last edited:
Crazy... people keep trying to say the NFL is dying or dead.. Ummm, nope, there's a 25% pay increase for their games right there. 1.75 billion dollars that Fox Media spends on the NFL per year now.

As for TNF. I kinda like it, it's another game of football that otherwise would be packed into the six different games at 1PM. I can only watch one game at a time, so I'm fine with more of them myself. I get players don't care for it, but Cowboys and Lions have been playing a Thurs night game a year for half a century. And I don't hear one player saying to give back their $380 million cut every year for that game. Plus the statistical reality is TNF games have fewer injuries than all the others.

Thursday Night Football sucks

They had better get some decent games

Thursday Night Football sucks

They had better get some decent games

I'd agree they'll have a blowout once or twice more a year than the Sunday games. But the only thing people watch more in the US than TNF is NFL playoffs and Sunday Night Football.

And it's another game to watch that isn't there otherwise.

Forum List

Back