Fox & Friends Newest Lie: ACORN Getting Federal Funds

Its NOT ACORN.

Its Arizona acorn housing.

Do you think its a horror to help poor people find affordable housing?

il_570xN.174485320.jpg

Come on righties, tell us why you hate Acorn so much. I have seen accusations galore from the right, but no facts. What is it? You just swallow everything that Faux says without ever checking what they say?

Were you aware that after the phony asshole pimp left their offices that many called the police? It was all BS on O'Keefes side and he is being sued. But you believe every damn word. The Attorney General of CA not only checked out the videos that O'Keefe posted on line but also the entire videos and that asshole did some heavy duty editing. But obviously you don't care as long as you can just hate them.

I get so damn sick of all the false accusations that come from the right. Honest to goodness you are all a bunch of cultists.

False? :lol:

Read these links, I dare you to try and grab hold of a little truth insead of parrotting

Investigation of ACORN | Judicial Watch

YES! False! Please show where any of these "investigations" of ACORN resulted in a voter fraud conviction. False accusations are par for the course with you folks, proof is something entirely different. Because, in fact, voter fraud, to change an election has not happened in this country. It's simply a figment of the RW imagination. We won fair and square in 2008 as much as you hate to admit it.

False? :lol:

Read these links, I dare you to try and grab hold of a little truth insead of parrotting

Investigation of ACORN | Judicial Watch

And yet, all you're doing is "parrotting" Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch.

Kind of convenient how you overlooked my other post :eusa_hand: That is NOT parrotting you fool. I posted a link to investigations done by Judicial Watch, through the "Freedom of Information Act".

Ok, parrotting both Tom Fitton and Reverend Moon.

Your sources are biased. So are Susan's.

Both of you are seeing only one side of the situation, and filling in the blanks with your own imaginations.

The group ACORN was loathed by the GOP right. Because it consisted of and advocated for minority groups, particularly voter registration, it represented the "scary, black man." As ACORN also organized for President Obama, the "scary, black man"-in-chief, they were frequently accused of "voter fraud" - an allegation not substantiated by the facts. As such, it was targeted by video slime merchant James O'Keefe, whose sting videos took pride of place on Fox News. He and his videos, which might have broken state laws, were subsequently discredited and ACORN was exonerated of any wrong doing. After having been defunded by Congress, it subsequently filed for bankruptcy, but right wingers fear that those scary dark people are still lurking out there. Thus, a right wing rumor, thanks to the right wing Scaife funded site Judicial Watch, has surfaced which claims that ACORN members are getting secret monies from a DOJ grant to the Afforadable Housing Centers of America. It's not true but who cares when that "scary, black man" card can be dealt from the deck of right wing propaganda. Not surprisingly, Fox News, the mouthpiece for the right wing, has picked up on this newest lie. Not suprisingly, Fox & Friends, "the morning happy-talk show that Ailes uses as one of his primary vehicles to inject his venom into the media bloodstream" is promoting it on his morning propaganda machine that still works on week-ends.

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Fox & Friends Newest Lie: ACORN Getting Federal Funds

"Truthseeker"?That's a pretty ironic name for a poster who would rather hide the truth and play the race card. ACORN received 53 million in taxpayer federal funding between 1994 and 2009. it wouldn't be surprising if federal funding was hidden in some lavish Obama "stimulous" bill.

And yet, all you're doing is "parrotting" Tom Fitton and Judicial Watch.

Kind of convenient how you overlooked my other post :eusa_hand: That is NOT parrotting you fool. I posted a link to investigations done by Judicial Watch, through the "Freedom of Information Act".

Both of you are seeing only one side of the situation, and filling in the blanks with your own imaginations.

:lol: My sources? That's pretty funny since I haven't really posted any sources. But I will so you can all point and tell me how biased I am. :lol:

CRS report: ACORN didn't break law

A Congressional Research Service report commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee says ACORN hasn’t violated any federal regulations the past five years.
CRS report: ACORN didn't break law - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com
Report Finds Acorn Broke No Laws - NYTimes.com

ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe

ACORN, the community organizing group which found itself embroiled in the latest of several controversies after some of its workers were recorded providing advice to a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute, was cleared of illegality in the matter by the former Massachusetts attorney general.

But Scott Harshbarger, the lawyer ACORN hired to conduct a review, criticized the organization for bad management which it said contributed to the ACORN's problems. A major problem, he said, was that the organization grew too quickly, neglecting training of its workers and other essentials.
ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe : The Two-Way : NPR

I realize that Faux viewers probably didn't see this info. But it was all over the place awhile back.

Come on righties, tell us why you hate Acorn so much. I have seen accusations galore from the right, but no facts. What is it? You just swallow everything that Faux says without ever checking what they say?

Were you aware that after the phony asshole pimp left their offices that many called the police? It was all BS on O'Keefes side and he is being sued. But you believe every damn word. The Attorney General of CA not only checked out the videos that O'Keefe posted on line but also the entire videos and that asshole did some heavy duty editing. But obviously you don't care as long as you can just hate them.

I get so damn sick of all the false accusations that come from the right. Honest to goodness you are all a bunch of cultists.
When Republicans suggest requiring ID to vote we're accused of voter suppression.
But when a huge corporation sets a goal of blatant voter fraud it's okay.

Got it
:eusa_hand:

:lol: My sources? That's pretty funny since I haven't really posted any sources. But I will so you can all point and tell me how biased I am. :lol:

CRS report: ACORN didn't break law

A Congressional Research Service report commissioned by the House Judiciary Committee says ACORN hasn’t violated any federal regulations the past five years.
CRS report: ACORN didn't break law - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com
Report Finds Acorn Broke No Laws - NYTimes.com

ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe

ACORN, the community organizing group which found itself embroiled in the latest of several controversies after some of its workers were recorded providing advice to a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute, was cleared of illegality in the matter by the former Massachusetts attorney general.

But Scott Harshbarger, the lawyer ACORN hired to conduct a review, criticized the organization for bad management which it said contributed to the ACORN's problems. A major problem, he said, was that the organization grew too quickly, neglecting training of its workers and other essentials.
ACORN Workers Cleared Of Illegality By Outside Probe : The Two-Way : NPR

I realize that Faux viewers probably didn't see this info. But it was all over the place awhile back.

I'm not quite sure you understood where I was coming from in my last post.

I worked upstairs from ACORN's New York office, above Bertha Lewis's office for 6 years. I drank at the bar with the leadership of ACORN on a daily basis. I'm confident in stating that I know more about ACORN in general, and this scandal in particular (since I was in the building at the time) than anyone else on this message board.

ACORN is neither pure as driven snow, nor a massive conspiracy. They are no more or less "corrupt" as any other big 501(c)3. And they no longer exist (in as much sense as they ever did) as a national organization.

When Republicans suggest requiring ID to vote we're accused of voter suppression.

Got it

:lol: You believe that ACORN is a huge corporation?

I have no problem with voter id's. But one of the problems is that a lot of urban seniors don't drive and have very little money. If those issues aren't addressed then I think it should be a non-starter. Now, if the folks wanting to pass those laws would see to it that small offices were opened in urban areas and rural places and were very inexpensive then it should be passed. What do you think?

BTW I don't see what this has to do with ACORN.

Got it

I have no problem with voter id's. But one of the problems is that a lot of urban seniors don't drive and have very little money. If those issues aren't addressed then I think it should be a non-starter. Now, if the folks wanting to pass those laws would see to it that small offices were opened in urban areas and rural places and were very inexpensive then it should be passed. What do you think?

By our president's own definition: they make more than $250,00 a year, don't they?

BTW did you sleep through the 2008 elections?
:eusa_whistle:

Got it

By our president's own definition: they make more than $250,00 a year, don't they?

No one working for ACORN ever received a salary anywhere near $250,000 a year.

I worked upstairs from ACORN's New York office, above Bertha Lewis's office for 6 years. I drank at the bar with the leadership of ACORN on a daily basis. I'm confident in stating that I know more about ACORN in general, and this scandal in particular (since I was in the building at the time) than anyone else on this message board.

ACORN is neither pure as driven snow, nor a massive conspiracy. They are no more or less "corrupt" as any other big 501(c)3. And they no longer exist (in as much sense as they ever did) as a national organization.

Of course I would have no way of knowing any of this. Where I have my biggest gripe is that Faux made this a manufactured controversy. They not only lied, but built it up to make ACORN into something it clearly was not.

I never did think they were pure as driven snow, but I do know that they were the butt of hundreds of accusations, and the accusations turned into convictions, or another RW myth. Faux is so good at doing this.

Here is WA we were one of the first states to actually indict and convict some people for voter registration fraud. They were poor people that filled out the registration cards with phony names. They earned more money that way. I saw them on TV and they were pitiful. NOT ONE illegal vote was ever tied to this and of course it wasn't supposed to. This was simply cigarette money for these poor folks. Since I watched this unfold first hand I was astounded that Faux was able to create such a myth and that so many people would fall for it. So it allowed their viewers to feel self righteous and indignant. Sheesh!

So while you may say I only see one side of this, I disagree.

Of course I would have no way of knowing any of this. Where I have my biggest gripe is that Faux made this a manufactured controversy. They not only lied, but built it up to make ACORN into something it clearly was not.

I never did think they were pure as driven snow, but I do know that they were the butt of hundreds of accusations, and the accusations turned into convictions, or another RW myth. Faux is so good at doing this.

Here is WA we were one of the first states to actually indict and convict some people for voter registration fraud. They were poor people that filled out the registration cards with phony names. They earned more money that way. I saw them on TV and they were pitiful. NOT ONE illegal vote was ever tied to this and of course it wasn't supposed to. This was simply cigarette money for these poor folks. Since I watched this unfold first hand I was astounded that Faux was able to create such a myth and that so many people would fall for it. So it allowed their viewers to feel self righteous and indignant. Sheesh!

So while you may say I only see one side of this, I disagree.

I agree with all of what you've posted here. There was no conspiracy in any of the faulty registrations, which ACORN handled exactly the way they were supposed to.

But that doesn't mean that ACORN didn't do plenty of other quasi-legal and shady things - politics is a dirty business.

If you read my post then you know I was fully aware of the voter registration fraud that was tried here.

But I think the article from Faux is perfect in the way it appears to show that there was "election fraud." The truth is, if you really look at the facts, it was voter registration fraud. Not that it was right, it wasn't. But it wasn't election fraud not one vote was ever cast that wasn't legal. NOT ONE! See? Faux just changes voter registration fraud to election fraud and everybody gets all excited. But no votes were ever cast. EVER.

This voter registration fraud was committed by a few individuals that scammed the system to earn a few extra dollars. BFD.

The right has turned it into a big deal and it isn't. It's just more BS.

The group ACORN was loathed by the GOP right. Because it consisted of and advocated for minority groups, particularly voter registration, it represented the "scary, black man." As ACORN also organized for President Obama, the "scary, black man"-in-chief, they were frequently accused of "voter fraud" - an allegation not substantiated by the facts. As such, it was targeted by video slime merchant James O'Keefe, whose sting videos took pride of place on Fox News. He and his videos, which might have broken state laws, were subsequently discredited and ACORN was exonerated of any wrong doing. After having been defunded by Congress, it subsequently filed for bankruptcy, but right wingers fear that those scary dark people are still lurking out there. Thus, a right wing rumor, thanks to the right wing Scaife funded site Judicial Watch, has surfaced which claims that ACORN members are getting secret monies from a DOJ grant to the Afforadable Housing Centers of America. It's not true but who cares when that "scary, black man" card can be dealt from the deck of right wing propaganda. Not surprisingly, Fox News, the mouthpiece for the right wing, has picked up on this newest lie. Not suprisingly, Fox & Friends, "the morning happy-talk show that Ailes uses as one of his primary vehicles to inject his venom into the media bloodstream" is promoting it on his morning propaganda machine that still works on week-ends.

Continue reading »
News Hounds: Fox & Friends Newest Lie: ACORN Getting Federal Funds

Fox is so good at lying they got the federal government to actually back them up and post the lie on a government website. Maybe Fox hacked the site, you should call the FBI.

USAspending.gov

Yes, I know. I did have the link to the office of CA Attorney General office where they posted the link to the entire videos and now I can't find it. They show that the vids that were posted on that RW site were just edited lies.

And what gets me is that they were able to do the same damn thing with Shirley Sherrod. That is mind boggling to me. Why anyone would believe them a second time just floors me.

No one working for ACORN ever received a salary anywhere near $250,000 a year.
I was referring to the corporation as an entity.
Apologies for not being clearer.
:cool:

This is really no big deal It is just a lie. Wait until Ruppie and his boys start hacking cell phones the find out who someone is voting for. Give them time.

Forum List

Back