Four Earthquakes This AM Hit Near Salinas CA On San Andreas Fault

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
https://www.sfgate.com/earthquakes/...es-near-Salinas-shake-California-13357486.php

The cluster of quakes started with a magnitude 4.1 temblor striking 12 miles from Hollister and 19 miles from Salinas at 4:58 a.m. at a depth of .6 miles...
Three minutes later, at 5:01 a.m., a magnitude 3.2 earthquake was reported by the USGS in the same area. Soon after that a third quake with a magnitude of 3.0 was reported, and at 6:22 a.m. a fourth with a magnitude of 3.8 hit....
About an hour later, two more quakes rattled the area: a magnitude 3.2 at 7:15 a.m. and a 3.8 at 7:27 a.m., both 13 miles from Hollister.

I guess the thing that stands out here in CA where earthquakes are common, is the number of moderate shakers all in a row. There were two aftershocks but four separate distinct quakes, or so that's what they're saying.

Lets all move to Cali so we can experience the shake and bake.

Nah. Lets not and say we did.

I don't know about cali but California has some real good places for earthquakes. Hollister is the earthquake capital of California. I live on the Hayward fault line, about 1,000 feet from it. I sure would like a shake it up sometime before I die.

https://www.sfgate.com/earthquakes/...es-near-Salinas-shake-California-13357486.php

The cluster of quakes started with a magnitude 4.1 temblor striking 12 miles from Hollister and 19 miles from Salinas at 4:58 a.m. at a depth of .6 miles...
Three minutes later, at 5:01 a.m., a magnitude 3.2 earthquake was reported by the USGS in the same area. Soon after that a third quake with a magnitude of 3.0 was reported, and at 6:22 a.m. a fourth with a magnitude of 3.8 hit....
About an hour later, two more quakes rattled the area: a magnitude 3.2 at 7:15 a.m. and a 3.8 at 7:27 a.m., both 13 miles from Hollister.

I guess the thing that stands out here in CA where earthquakes are common, is the number of moderate shakers all in a row. There were two aftershocks but four separate distinct quakes, or so that's what they're saying.
Waiting for headlines to read: MAJOR QUAKE HITS CA Dated Nov 7th That would make my day.

Forum List

Back